Two Weeks STILL Crashing!

DiscoPr0
88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 7
Ever since the previous patch I have been crashing to the desktop. I have repaired the game and it still happens. It is happening so often I can't even play the game anymore.

I have lost count of how many support cases I have had to open for this garbage game. I know they will just tell me to reinstall and Origin download speeds are terrible to put it mildly.

Never pre-ordering another EA game again.

Comments

• DiscoPr0
    STILL crashing. I am so sick and tired of this and it seems EA is silent about it.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What Windows are you using? If its Win 10, uninstall latest patch.
  • JollyJester
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That does not work.
  • DiscoPr0

I did my research on that and I did not have the patch which was supposed to cause issues.

I also read that Windows is to being uninstalling updates that cause issues automatically although not when that will begin.

I tried the trick about resetting sound settings to default and then stereo. So far so good but have had a few 1-second hard freezes here and there.
  • DiscoPr0
    edited March 31
    Just got dumped out of another game while switching vehicle seats. This game is a mess, no wonder they laid off 300 people.
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is most certainly not the game as I have the same copy and it is not crashing. Can you describe the events about the game crashing? How it happens?
  • DiscoPr0
    edited April 1
    It is most certainly not the game as I have the same copy and it is not crashing. Can you describe the events about the game crashing? How it happens?

Middle of playing the game it just freezes. I can hear audio and then it just dumps me to the desktop without any error message. I played this game for months after it was released without issue. Suddenly after a patch in February the issue started. No hardware changes of any kind. Two driver updates since then as well. I just reinstalled Origin and am in the process of downloading BFV to fresh install it. This is my last hope.

Just because you don't experience it is not evidence that it is not the game. The game has to cooperate with all sort of different user PC circumstances.

Using that logic, I can also say that I don't experience this issue with any other games. Only with BFV.
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I never had a single crash until last weeks patch. Now the game will just randomly lock up and I need to re-launch it.
  • SystemicProgress
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Middle of playing the game it just freezes. I can hear audio and then it just dumps me to the desktop without any error message. I played this game for months after it was released without issue. Suddenly after a patch in February the issue started. No hardware changes of any kind. Two driver updates since then as well. I just reinstalled Origin and am in the process of downloading BFV to fresh install it. This is my last hope.

Just because you don't experience it is not evidence that it is not the game. The game has to cooperate with all sort of different user PC circumstances.

Using that logic, I can also say that I don't experience this issue with any other games. Only with BFV.

I am talking from my experience. Never did I conclude did a game itself is the cause of a crash. It would always be OS, driver or hardware related. Anyhow, every case is different, and perhaps, I can share some thoughts.

Do you use Dx11 or Dx12? Is anything overclocked in your system? Have you tried OS reinstall? Have you tried updating motherboard drivers?