Yay EA can't count.

KBHMN
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Is it me or am I not the only one who notices a 53/64 server count actually means 3 players? WHAT am I doing wrong? Or... is it EA?

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    12617 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Seeding plugins, You are seeing large player numbers on servers but in reality there are only x players physically connected.

Use betterbattlelog plugin where it shows the TRUE playercounts in order to weed out the servers running the seeding plugin.
  • IRussao
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • KBHMN
    Cool! That works... thanks! Too bad most servers are graveyards these days.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    KBHMN wrote: »
    Cool! That works... thanks! Too bad most servers are graveyards these days.

Favorite servers, help them by idling in the server for a few minutes till more join. Usually goes quickly when there are 3 or more in.
  • KBHMN
    lol... and today BBL is mis-reporting the number of people in servers. So.... that was a one day fix. Sigh
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    KBHMN wrote: »
    lol... and today BBL is mis-reporting the number of people in servers. So.... that was a one day fix. Sigh

Seems to work for me. If the it keeps bugging out for you try to empty your browser history and cache, then reinstall the plugin again with the steps Russao posted.
  • KBHMN
    Will try that... thanks bro, Il-Scavenger-lI :-)
  • KBHMN
    Yep, clearing the cache and reinstalling the plug-in did nothing to change it. BBL is showing full servers but logging in, no one on it. I even reinstalled the browser to no effect. I think EA just doesn't care.
  • hudsonhack
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This is evidently intentionnal, it's the servers using fake guids to fill in the blanks, this has been a practice since 2 months after the release, owners of servers have always been cheaters/hackers and it's not going to change, when you call the **** out you get sent false positives and get banned. I'd advise you don't do what I do.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does this issue not affect console? Is it for PC only?
  • Soulbreeze
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just went to see if any servers were going on this morning and ran into this issue. Someone said this was happening 2 months after release, but I've played it since beta and this is the first time I've ever ran into it. I haven't played it for a while. Tried 3 servers that all said 50-some/64 and none had more than 4 people on it, so didn't bother looking after that.
  • Frogtooth
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 7
    A DICE engineer tried to fix the problem. He failed. At least twice he tried and failed. Maybe three times. He's probably not done trying.
    Post edited by Frogtooth on
  • Circlestrafe
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There's a Chrome extension that fixes the player count to the correct number.  You have to click on servers one at a time to get the correct count, but it works.