Battlefield 1: BF5 PRE-ORDER GUNS

MiraIayCevdet
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I want BF5 pre order guns unlock for all players. We must not be deprived of these weapons.

Comments

• SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm both for and against this.

FOR in the sense that weapon variety is a good thing.

AGAINST in the sense that these weapons are blatantly post-WWI and thus not fitting in the game.

What I suggest is adding new variants of existing and time-accurate weapons to mimic the functions of the pre-order weapons, like so:
    Thompson M1919 = Annihilator Storm (already in-game)
    Fedorov-Degtyarev = Fedorov Avtomat Defensive
    BAR A2 = BAR 1918 Low Weight
    Mosin-Nagant M38 = Mosin-Nagant Carbine

And for the love of fruity pebbles, we already have enough M1911 variants.
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And I want to be a millionaire right this instant!

---

The BFV preorder weapons were (and still are) exclusive to those who preordered BFV and in all honesty, they're not much different from their base counterparts.

I didn't preorder BFV and thus I don't have these weapons. I think that is fair. It is not a right for people (including me) to be given these weapons just because they "want" it. In the same way, it isn't a right for me to become an instant millionaire just because I decided I "wanted" to be.

If you missed the pre-order or you didn't want to pre-order BFV (like me), that's fine, but just know that we aren't inherently entitled to freebies just because we "want' something.
  • boutneus
    2476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just be glad you dodged the train wreck that is BFV :D
  • ElliotLH
    8805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The pre-order weapons are honestly no better than their existing variants and some of them are actually not as good in a lot of situations (looking at you BAR A2 with your default slow firing speed which I keep forgetting to change when spawning). Out of all of them the Fedorov-Degtyarev is the only one I still use and even then I'd rather be using the Federov Optical.

What I'm trying to say is that if they never get added you're not missing out on anything special or better than what you have already.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    I'm both for and against this.

FOR in the sense that weapon variety is a good thing.

AGAINST in the sense that these weapons are blatantly post-WWI and thus not fitting in the game.

What I suggest is adding new variants of existing and time-accurate weapons to mimic the functions of the pre-order weapons, like so:
    Thompson M1919 = Annihilator Storm (already in-game)
    Fedorov-Degtyarev = Fedorov Avtomat Defensive
    BAR A2 = BAR 1918 Low Weight
    Mosin-Nagant M38 = Mosin-Nagant Carbine

And for the love of fruity pebbles, we already have enough M1911 variants.

I agree, but I think the M1919 is more like an Anihilator Factory. And yes the M1911 variants except for the supressed one shouldve been super-rare category skins instead of their own guns.
  • CS-2107
    boutneus wrote: »
    Just be glad you dodged the train wreck that is BFV :D

Would've been wise for me too indeed. Gotta play a lot with the preorder weapons in BF1 to make it worth it :D:D:D
  • FerrariF1993
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the pre order weapons. I pre ordered bfv from amazon once I got the code I cancelled my order.

Feodorov degtareav is the best the rest of the guns are pretty average.
  • MiraIayCevdet
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think EA dont care about us.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    339 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    The Nagant 38 Carbine is a bad ****. Excellent iron sights as well.
  • VVaxDaddy
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    The pre-order weapons are honestly no better than their existing variants and some of them are actually not as good in a lot of situations (looking at you BAR A2 with your default slow firing speed which I keep forgetting to change when spawning).

Bar low weight is amazing, probably the best support gun so I'd argue you are missing out even if Bar storm is pretty good too.

It'd be nice to buy them for some small fee. I'd do it just for the Bar low weight.
  • ElliotLH
    8805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VVaxDaddy wrote: »
    The pre-order weapons are honestly no better than their existing variants and some of them are actually not as good in a lot of situations (looking at you BAR A2 with your default slow firing speed which I keep forgetting to change when spawning).

Bar low weight is amazing, probably the best support gun so I'd argue you are missing out even if Bar storm is pretty good too.

It'd be nice to buy them for some small fee. I'd do it just for the Bar low weight.

If it works for you then that's all good, but it's just not the weapon for me unfortunately. I changed back to the telescopic version in the end.

I'm honestly surprised EA haven't released them for sale.
  • CS-2107

If it works for you then that's all good, but it's just not the weapon for me unfortunately. I changed back to the telescopic version in the end.

Maybe you'll think I'm stupid for saying this, but you can change the fire-mode to a higher rpm. That is just better to do it, as the slower firerate doesn't really give you a huge benefit. If this was information that you were aware of, than just ignore this comment :)
  • ElliotLH
    CS-2107 wrote: »

Maybe you'll think I'm stupid for saying this, but you can change the fire-mode to a higher rpm. That is just better to do it, as the slower firerate doesn't really give you a huge benefit. If this was information that you were aware of, than just ignore this comment :)

I did know but it's ok as someone else who doesn't might see your reply :). It's the fire rate switch that ultimately put me off actually as it doesn't remember your selection like it does with other weapons. Even if the default was the fast fire it would be OK the game not remembering as then it wouldn't bother me so much.

Weirdly I get on really well with the Chauchat optical. I guess I use that differently though since I'll stick that in single shot and use it like a DMR, whereas I use the BAR like an assault rifle.
  • ssjsnoop
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm right w/ you OP, It's stupid and ridiculous. Not everyone wanted BFV because we saw the dumpster fire from a mile away.

I made a topic about the same thing a while back when people were still hyped for BFV.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/143437/bfv-preorder-to-get-new-guns-is-appalling/p1