Is this forum dying or what?

Wickid_Splat
137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This forum seems really slow going, i remember the days i could post anything anywhere on the forum and would get a reply in just a few minutes. Now it seems dead, whats up with that?

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    1402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm always surprised how quite it is.
  • Trokey66
    8174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah man long gone are the days of the old Battle log..
    Tons of hilarious stuff there
    Most those guys are in the barn permenantly.

True, with that one small amendment.
  • Tullzter
    1074 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The forum's life follows the game's life..if the game releases no new content, no new maps, then yes it will die..that being said, there is a whole new Firestorm section so i wouldn't say it's exactly dying
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dead game = dead forum.
  • Wickid_Splat
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the info, that is so sad to see two great things go south (forum and game). WOW how things change in a year, i took a year off of gaming, didnt play anything at all for the year and come back to see the forum dead, game dead, bf friends videos dead, amazingly sad. They had the best thing going in the world with bf3 and had the chance to improve on that in bf4 but chose to change the forumula or get off the path for some reason, maybe for money maybe not but its just sad, my heart is sad... especially since the old vets of the game left... :(

• SirBobdk
    3929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Hawxxeye wrote
    We are just out of stuff to talk about.
    Agree. We need more patches from DICE to break something :wink:
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Inyeresting thst Dice states the official place to post/discuss is Reddit, where most anything goes.....yet here on the officially hosted forum, mods wipe out anything controversial.
  • Wickid_Splat
    Isn't BF still under the EA umbrella?   If so dont they have a say in all this or are they one of the problems?     By the way i still have to use battlelog to play bf3.

• LOLGotYerTags
    12620 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 3
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    They took the fun out of the forums... Thats pretty much sums it up mate...

As every little bit gets censored on here, the good old banter from back in the days is pretty much gone.

Also Battlefield got magically stripped of many of its core elements which was enjoyed by a trusted fanbase...

So yeah... Credit to Dice for handling their fanbase so well and turning these forums into a ghosttown...! GG
    BomBoBby wrote: »
    Hit the nail on the head mate..
    Yeah any negative post has been
    Locked.

Another 350 EA employees given the

Damage control and censorship is the order of the day.
    diagoro wrote: »
    Inyeresting thst Dice states the official place to post/discuss is Reddit, where most anything goes.....yet here on the officially hosted forum, mods wipe out anything controversial.

All 3 of you need to read the rules.

Discussion of moderation is not permitted per forum rules ( which you should be aware of )

Stick to the rules please folks.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3

Proves my point mods....made a perfectly valid, on topic point.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12620 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 3
    are you serious? smh

Yup.

The forum rules are there to be followed, Go against them at your own peril.

Proves my point mods....made a perfectly valid, on topic point.

I would recommend you do not continue discussing moderation as that will instigate an infraction.

Also, Regardless of whether or not it is "on topic" ( it isnt on topic which I will highlight shortly )

If it violates the rules then yes, it can be dealt with by way of infractions.

Regarding it being "on topic" and it a totally not being on topic.

OP asked, And I quote
    This forum seems really slow going, i remember the days i could post anything anywhere on the forum and would get a reply in just a few minutes. Now it seems dead, whats up with that?

Nowhere did he state moderators ( or actions of moderators or the rules ) had an influence.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     Same as all forums and facebook. Everything is censored and a safe space. 
     But i also agree, not much to talk about. 
  • Broliszibaila
    277 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How could happen this for the game, which is #Everyone's Battlefield and has modern view....

Its really not big suprise.