DISCUSSION : Battlefield™ Coins Megathread

Comments

• Quilex
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoyed this game at launch. Other then bombers needing a nerf to their resupply and ju-88 bug fix, it was great I was enjoying it quite a bit.

6 months later, .....

I was the same really thought this was going to be great, I loved the maps and was looking forward to regular content, if Boins had been released at launch I might have picked some up ( I have never bought a in game currency before ). But 6 months on the game is slip downhill instead of getting better. Battlefield is my game if I have some free time this is what I play... untill this lat patch I have not played for a week now.

So disappointing, I am sure the devs have not meant for this to happen and  I don't place blame I am just gutted Battlefield has lost that something that meant I could play and play without every having enough.  

So no I will not be getting Boins unless there is a big time turn around in the way this game is turning out. 
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dude change title to "Don't buy the game until they fix it". Game is fail even more then BF1 and bored even faster
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't imagine a situation where I would ever give this game more money.  It already feels like I'm owed about thirty bucks back considering the permanent half off discount that began about a month after it released.
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now let's all go and complain about lack of content.......
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder how many dollars they'll try to squeeze from people just to get hairdos for their characters, haha   I mean, we all know they're there as we see them in pics but they haven't let us have any yet.  So I'm guessing non-shaved heads are premium boin material.  What a never ending **** show Battlefield 5 is.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    time to make my soldiers look like real soldiers
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And the nail in the coffin has arrived!
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Won’t be buying any, regardless of what state the game is in.
    This is a full retail priced game and not a free to play game.
  • ElliotLH
    9650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wasn't really planning on buying them anyway TBH. Maybe if there's something really nice.
  • ElliotLH
    9650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    STABLEYES said:

Hawxxeye said:
    I hope that all the cosmetics will be available if one uses enough company coins. If some of the cosmetics can only be gotten with Boins it will be a bit unfair.

Well, DICE has already made it very clear that ELITE skins/kits, for sure, are only obtainable by Boins. They are less clear about the Epic (pink), Rare (blue), and Uncommon (green) cosmetics. From what I've read, it seems that new Epic (pink) cosmetics, to be introduced tomorrow, will also only be available through Boins.

So this chart is a partial lie then?

They'll need to be careful if it was.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Wasn't really planning on buying them anyway TBH. Maybe if there's something really nice.
    yeah like a new entirely different game lol
  • ElliotLH
    Tullzter said:
    ElliotLH said:
    yeah like a new entirely different game lol
    Ha!
  • Hawxxeye
    7808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 said:
    time to make my soldiers look like real soldiers
    How about we make soldiers move like real soldiers first ? :D
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    STABLEYES said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    I hope that all the cosmetics will be available if one uses enough company coins. If some of the cosmetics can only be gotten with Boins it will be a bit unfair.
    Well, DICE has already made it very clear that ELITE skins/kits, for sure, are only obtainable by Boins. They are less clear about the Epic (pink), Rare (blue), and Uncommon (green) cosmetics. From what I've read, it seems that new Epic (pink) cosmetics, to be introduced tomorrow, will also only be available through Boins.
    So this chart is a partial lie then?

No, but they were imprecise, inconcrete and deliberatley vague. From the chart it says that you can buy cosmetics with both the in-game currency and the Boins, if that would mean all cosmetics was left to imagination and vague. Also, since it took them five months to implement the shop 50%, I suppose the shop went through a lot of changes itself.
    For example, with the shop delay, the poor player retention and the CC issue at release, we have players like me who buy a lot with CC for **** and giggles and still have 170k on the bank, there are players who play a round every day or come back after a long hiatus or new players, that might even struggle to get their weapons upgraded, and there are players that play a lot and hoard, which could bring them up to 400k easily.
    This creates an enormously failed economy from the start, so they have to limit the usefulness of company coins at first, while giving out a ton more at the same time for new players (assignments, combined arms, dailies etc.).
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    I do not think a couple of skins behind a paywall can be called "a content".
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So Epic skins are only available with Battlefield Currency, there's a surprise. Makes Company Coins even more pointless than before, no wonder they gave us so many in the retroactive payout.

I'm all for supporting the game but in this case I won't be giving EA / DICE a penny more. A game without a decent anti-cheat, ranks, RSP, team-balancing and dismal lack of content - one new map in 5 months since launch is laughable. 

I hope you join me in my boycott, the trust between us and them has never been lower.

Won't spend money (fine, that is your choice) but then bemoans the lack of content.

Priceless!
  • Trokey66
    Trokey66 said:
    I do not think a couple of skins behind a paywall can be called "a content".

And you've completely missed the point.....
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Unfortunately there will be loads of people who will buy Boins, no matter what campaign we set. Only those who cares about this franchise wont spend a penny on it. OP only listed a small fraction of game breaking bugs, but there are loads more, I paid full price for the so called AAA game, and at best I am getting C+ experience. EA if you cant deliver, you ain't getting my Money! (offensive language removed by moderator)
    Post edited by Carbonic on