DISCUSSION : Battlefield™ Coins Megathread

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    So Epic skins are only available with Battlefield Currency, there's a surprise. Makes Company Coins even more pointless than before, no wonder they gave us so many in the retroactive payout.

I'm all for supporting the game but in this case I won't be giving EA / DICE a penny more. A game without a decent anti-cheat, ranks, RSP, team-balancing and dismal lack of content - one new map in 5 months since launch is laughable. 

I hope you join me in my boycott, the trust between us and them has never been lower.

Won't spend money (fine, that is your choice) but then bemoans the lack of content.

Priceless!
    Why would I spend money on Epic cosmetics?, and how is this linked to the lack of content - I do not see the correlation. 
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

DrunkOnRedWine wrote: »
    So Epic skins are only available with Battlefield Currency, there's a surprise. Makes Company Coins even more pointless than before, no wonder they gave us so many in the retroactive payout.

I'm all for supporting the game but in this case I won't be giving EA / DICE a penny more. A game without a decent anti-cheat, ranks, RSP, team-balancing and dismal lack of content - one new map in 5 months since launch is laughable. 

I hope you join me in my boycott, the trust between us and them has never been lower.

Won't spend money (fine, that is your choice) but then bemoans the lack of content.

Priceless!

Why would I spend money on Epic cosmetics?, and how is this linked to the lack of content - I do not see the correlation. 

Really?

OK.
  • YungBisto
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Think I'll buy me some coins... Sounds tasty.
  • craign82
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't get my head around why people are contemplating buying these 'Boins' for cosmetics.
    Have I even understood it right? You spend real money, to get in game money, to spend on something that just changes what your character wears............who you can't even see in game.
    This community, man.

• Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Priceless!

some ppl already paid 80€ fot deluxe...
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Trokey66 said:

DrunkOnRedWine wrote: »

Priceless!

Really?

OK.
    I wonder why you have a reputation on here for being a troll
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:

Titan_Awaken wrote: »
    *gasp* Oh no! Who could have foreseen this!? EA monetising their own game? Who could've thought? I hope Anthem isn't next!

What the hell are you going on about?

r/woooosh

Obviously the sarcasm went past your head so I'll just explain it normally then.

This is directed at no one in particular:

EA introducing a "premium currency" (and hence monetisation) to BFV is/was no surprise; any reasonable gamer would have smelt it a mile away. I'm not saying it's 'immoral' or 'evil' or any of that stuff (that's for another time), I'm just simply stating that it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, hence my terrible, sarcastic post.

Considering the fact that they told us back in September, I think it was, that a premium currency would be coming to the game, it’s not very surprising that a premium currency was indeed put into the game, you’re right.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where is the shop exactly? I downloaded a patch and started the game, but could not find it. In any case, the boins come at an extremely late and awkward time and still in no full shape, which is a real issue for the game coming forth.
  • bigiain
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This at least feels like some movement with the game. I'm not exactly confident that players will be rushing to buy cosmetics, but we'll see. 

I didn't pay full price for the game, but I'd agree that they need to throw a bone to the people who did. It might even kick start demand a little if the people who bought the deluxe edition got to pick an elite outfit.
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any point? All the skins can be bought through play, and most of them are rubbish anyway, any player that has put any serious hours in to BFV will probably have over 100,000 in game currency already, with nothing to spend it on. Who do they think will be buying this stuff?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:
    Now let's all go and complain about lack of content.......
    I do not think a couple of skins behind a paywall can be called "a content".

And you've completely missed the point.....

What did I miss?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    STABLEYES said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    I hope that all the cosmetics will be available if one uses enough company coins. If some of the cosmetics can only be gotten with Boins it will be a bit unfair.
    Well, DICE has already made it very clear that ELITE skins/kits, for sure, are only obtainable by Boins. They are less clear about the Epic (pink), Rare (blue), and Uncommon (green) cosmetics. From what I've read, it seems that new Epic (pink) cosmetics, to be introduced tomorrow, will also only be available through Boins.
    So this chart is a partial lie then?

The chart just states that only cosmetic items can be bought with BOINs.  It doesnt state which cosmetics though, and whether soem will be BOINs only.  Personally i couldnt care less if some cosmetics are only able to be bought with real cash if it means more maps
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Im most likely not gonna buy anything but im not seeing any new cosmetics
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I Will buy eventually only skin for tanks, like the skin of crocodile for normal Churchill. Or skin for panzer like " the last tiger"..
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would buy, if it means new awesome cosmetics, always like to fit into the environment for whatever cost 
  • abc1434286920
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hell no.

• TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrDrade wrote: »

• DrunkOnRedWine
    edited April 2019
    TEKNOCODE said:
    DrDrade wrote: »

Yeah saw this on Reddit, there is nothing there as good as Baron Von Zorn, Double Down, Dead Man's Hand, Union Jacked, Retribution, Canis Horribilis or Veiled Threat
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Now let's all go and complain about lack of content.......
    You see ... that's the problem. This community complained endlessly about buying maps, guns, vehicles and gadgets ... so what made EA think that people would spend their money on cosmetics instead?

This game's content delivery system was dependent on these 'boins' ... which didn't give me any confidence when I first heard about it, and I certainly don't think it's going to work now. If people whine about microtransactions in successful games like Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, Fortnite and even Warframe, why wouldn't they complain about microtransactions on BFV of all things?