DISCUSSION : Battlefield™ Coins Megathread

Comments

• THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can you please point out where exactly is the lie?
    On the picture taht they have revealed before the launch you can see that you can buy cosmetic 2 way Boins and CC but there is no specification "for Boins only cosmetic", the picture is saying you can play or pay for unlock the SAME cosmetics, not pay for exclusive unlock. 
    They have lied to us ... again ... 
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's a bit ambiguous but the goal was to show that you could only unlock cosmetics with real coins. It doesn't exactly say it's either/or for "all" items so you can't really just assume either. But yeah it could be taken the wrong way.
    As ambiguous as the 20 airlift from deluxe ...  :D
  • Trokey66
    8261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

On the picture taht they have revealed before the launch you can see that you can buy cosmetic 2 way Boins and CC but there is no specification "for Boins only cosmetic", the picture is saying you can play or pay for unlock the SAME cosmetics, not pay for exclusive unlock. 

No, they haven't......

Can you buy cosmetics with Company Coins?

Yes

Can you buy cosmetics with Battlefield Coins?

Yes

That is all that diagram says. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's not the end of the world, they are just skins. But it's more that by not allowing the players to earn or spend CC on at least elite items there's just one more reason for players to walk away from BFV, the grind to earn things can be addictive and make a person stick it out with a game that can be extremely frustrating and broken at times.

This isn't F2P where this would obviously be expected. a fan base paid full price to beta test their game for them so it's yet another insult, particularly if you paid for deluxe and had the absolute misfortune of laying eyes on the Red Devil skin.

Cosmetics are paying for the tides of war so I hope this is repaid to the community in the form of maps, guns etc. Because at the moment for paying that full price, staying loyal to the game throughout the bugs, glitches, crashes and all the rest of the **** ups has been what? Panzerstorm?!

It's just another crap decision by EA/Dice in what is steadily becoming the norm for them. I only started Battlefield last year so perhaps everyone else is used to it now, but I'm slightly shocked at how badly Dice treats their player base. 
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Great to see DICE/EA have their priorities straight. Those things that we all thought were going to be provided to us to customize our guns, you know the branches and stuff, you have to pay real money for which is a rip-off. Thanks for the restrictive customization system for a game that was advertised and marketed as a game with high levels of customization. BTW when are we getting actual content likes maps or even the tank customization that was supposed to be added some 3 or 4 months ago? At this point in time I wouldn't be surprised if they pay wall that crap too.

• someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TTD / Netcode / bullet registration / anti cheat / bug fixing / visibility / audio mix rework needs to be done before launching micro transaction.
    + Give Boins to deluxe edition buyers ( we are feeling fooled right now )
    We have payed more than full price for an unfinished game. we the player, need  ( & deserve ) this changes THEN we will support the game more !

We paid more for some crappy looking skins for 2 guns and 2 pistols whoopee. You forgot to mention that the game technically isn't even fully finished as they have yet to add the tank body customization that was supposed to come out several months ago.

• someguy12121
    Tullzter said:
    ElliotLH said:
    Wasn't really planning on buying them anyway TBH. Maybe if there's something really nice.
    yeah like a new entirely different game lol

Please let it be BC3 or BF3!!!!!!!!!!!
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's sad day man.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

No, they haven't......

Yes

Yes

This ^

Also...
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:

ElliotLH said:
    Wasn't really planning on buying them anyway TBH. Maybe if there's something really nice.

yeah like a new entirely different game lol

Please let it be BC3 or BF3!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a horrible thought and request that I see far too often lol. Please ea/dice don’t make what you now call “battlefield” and put BC3 on the case damn well knowing those devs aren’t here and damn well knowing you can’t recreate what you had back then with those devs.. please don’t soil the BC name. Thank you..
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    While I'm not a fan of current monetization system, I'd not call it a pure lie. Misleading? Maybe. But lie? Not really. There are cosmetics available to purchase with CC in store.
    That's being said, Dice shouldn't hide all Epic-tier items behind the paywall. Many people expected to get some nice stuff with store update but got a big pile of nothing and premium items for purchase with real money.
  • Hawxxeye
    5365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    llPhantom_Limbll said:

No, they haven't......

Yes

Yes

It is  misleading advertising as long as it is not like this.
    It is not like if most people here ever got BFV hoping to pimp their soldier up for free but it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
    Withholding the entire truth about something is as good as a lying.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they did thisis because they figured the new people that are buying Battle field 5 are only getting it for firestorm which means they will pay for anything (Blackout did a similar thing)
  • SirBobdk
    4016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 4
    I think they did thisis because they figured the new people that are buying Battle field 5 are only getting it for firestorm which means they will pay for anything (Blackout did a similar thing)
    If true, then we can expect most patch's and new stuff to be about firestorm since the money are there. hmmmmm
    It explains the roadmap. It may end up being very disappointing for the core game, also since Dice takes over further development of firestorm

• LinkZeppeloyd
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That chart is missing a square for Boins-only cosmetics. Indeed, that chart implies that CC can buy everything.

It’s technically a lie by omission. I think people who are defending it are coming from a jaded “of course they will mislead consumers, that’s expected, therefore you can’t get mad at them for what you should know they would do.”

Oh hawk put up an example of what I mean. They left out the truth to wait out the backlash.
  • Kongo030
    641 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bought the 30 euro package just to support the game.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone else wondering what we're mean't to do with all this company coin?
    Can we still buy weapons we missed in T.O.W. with CC? 
    I think they should be available mate, although Dice are being a bit shifty with the way they word things in BFV, so they might have been boined.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    I bought the 30 euro package just to support the game.

'EA thanks you for your funds, please keep buying our skins and camos. We ll use that money for our yearly bonuses and will not use that money to further develop nor fix BFV.'
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gotta love human behaviour! Oh, I made an assumption about something and therefore it can't possibly be my fault that I drew the wrong conclusion,after all I'm infallible in my way of perceiving the world and it's always everyone else that is wrong.

Jeez people, this is not the end of the world and if you genuine believe you would get everything for nothing then you're gonna struggle in life.

If your assumption about everything free was true, how did you think EA was going to generate any revenue from the game, seeing as everyone would just grind for the freebies?

There's plenty of reasons to give EA the boot, but this is not one of them.