DISCUSSION: Battlefield V Chapter 3 Update #2 and Battlefield Currency

Comments

• DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Disappointed with DICE's decisions to lock Epic items behind real money purchase of Boins only. I hope they are exclusive for Boins for a limited time only.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been awhile since I've played but thought I may as well start it up to buy the weapons I've missed with all of the CC I have. But I can't find them. Can anybody direct me?
  • XxIMDATRUTH49xX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2019
    Can we get a death loot crate cause it still look like the loot over laps ?
    Post edited by XxIMDATRUTH49xX on
  • TheEagleEmpire
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Almost zero content to the core game, you are not getting a dime. One lazy map in almost 6 months? Are you kidding Dice?
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been awhile since I've played but thought I may as well start it up to buy the weapons I've missed with all of the CC I have. But I can't find them. Can anybody direct me?

Try going through your company and weapons.
  • RightWngXtremist
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey heres an idea? how about hardcore mode..and friendly fire? And while Im at it, heres some more, youre welcome. You dont even have to pay me royalties
    1. above all, HARDCORE
    2. Team play on firestorm, conquest etc.
    3. american forces expansion. add in the pacific theater
    4. A one-off or maybe a teaser once a month to play on a classic BF4,3, etc map. Good god how amazing would it be to play this stuff on "metro" or in shanghai?
    5. did I mention hardcore mode?
    6. give more consistent DLSS optimizations
    7. make bombs from aircraft deadlier and more true to life. Talking like 100m casualty radius etc. I can drop a thousand pounder 50 meters away these dudes dont even bat an eyelash
    8. Fix the godawful rampant handling. What the hell ever happened to punkbuster anyway? I had zero issues with it. yet its abandoned now?
    Like this absolutely beautiful display of hacking yesterday

• Brenex
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What the hell? You said all customization items from the tides of war campaign would later be purchasable by company coins, and now you have the epic hat (Final Countdown) up for real money currency only?

Isn't this game bad enough for you not to do **** like this?
  • gingerbaron
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NEVER PRE ORDERING AGAIN... RIPPED OFF WITH DELUXE EDITION , WHERE ARE THE MAPS? rather have paid for standard then premium , at least you KNEW WHAT YOU WERE GETTING , ABSOLUTE MONEY GRABBING SODS AND THAT PUTTING IT POLITELY , been with BF since 1942 , this may be my last BF purchase.
  • DirtyDog1974
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Updates and Addendums

• In addition to Battlefield Currency, Epic cosmetics are made available through multiple progression layers: Chapter Rewards, Weekly Storylines, Class Max Rank for each Class, Weapon Max Rank for each Weapon.

Damage control in coming. 😀
  • Brenex
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Updates and Addendums

• In addition to Battlefield Currency, Epic cosmetics are made available through multiple progression layers: Chapter Rewards, Weekly Storylines, Class Max Rank for each Class, Weapon Max Rank for each Weapon.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/tides-of-war-chapter-1-overture-events-progression-rewards

What if I miss out on a Chapter Event reward, will I be able to get that in some other way?
    When you complete the final challenge in the Chapter Event, you will earn the reward for that week and be able to use it immediately in your next round. And yes, gameplay content released this way will also be obtainable by other playable means for everyone after the week has ended.

Is Battlefield coins the playable means you meant here??
  • ArchAngel5419
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry. Already paid $20 more than I should have to support your company after getting the Deluxe edition and getting nothing worthwhile in return for my support.

You’ve lost my trust, and my wallet. Especially after the epilepsy escapade.

Throw in something for those like me, and MAYBE we can talk about me clicking on the store tab in the game.

Be better.
  • GeneralXIV
    308 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being honest, I'm really disappointed with the microtransactions/new cosmetics. There are 2 main parts to this:

1. Most arent desirable. Most arent interesting, some are just reskins of already existing outfits and from everything released, I only really considered buying 2. Which brings me to my next point...

2. The only ones that I would really classify as things I want can only be unlocked by the new currency. Sooooooo... nothing for me to purchase.

Tbh, as strange as it might sound, I feel that Im yet to actually have any new content in this game. The temporary modes added before I havent found fun or felt to be really quite unbalanced - I played them only to unlock the Tides of War then didnt want to play them again. Ive tried Firestorm, once again because of Tides of War, but I strongly dislike the one life only thing and I also find it sooooooooo boring because there's nothing to do. I was excited for the new cosmetics to appear because I finally felt I would be able to purchase something new with the company coin that Ive earned from playing the game, and Im sad to see that isnt the case.

When Battlefront II introduced character skins, I found them to be quite expensive. As a feedback, I said that rather than introducing a small number of skins but charging a lot of credits for them, it would be better to introduce a lot of skins and charge little for them, that being swamped by choice is the right way to do it.

For Battlefield V, I think my feedback would be similar: Instead of releasing a few new cosmetics, locking them behind a timer before the store changes and making them only available to purchase using premium currency, release a [i]lot[/i] of skins, like hairs/hair colors, eye colors, different colors for existing outfits and more ofc, make sure they are priced fairly ($1-$2 maximum), let the players buy them whenever they want, enable them to be purchased with premium currency and company coin... make sure that if players want to unlock everything in a reasonable time, they have to spend irl money, but all players can potentially purchase items they want. To me, it sounds better. And priced reasonably with an amount of money people wont really need to think about spending, sales and profits might increase also.
  • DrOconnor
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I paid $85 for a friggin game and now my CC that Ive earned are essentially worthless?   Now if I want "extra" content Ive got to pay MORE?   Have you people at Dice and EA LOST your FREKING MINDS!!! 
  • CarbonBMWs1000rr
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    this game seams to be about **** skins and game play and imagination takes a back seat ....
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I saw two guys wearing new cosmetic items tonight, and I gotta admit, they looked really cool :smiley:
    In fact seeing some of the new cosmetic stuff in-game has made me change my mind completely on this subject: I think cosmetic items is a fantastic idea, and it should have been added to BF long ago.
    The ability to look unique (with enough cosmetic items created by DICE) and also the ability to recognize a certain player because of the look of his items, either a team mate or a guy from the enemy team...it flat out rocks!
    I can definitely see myself buying some stuff later on when more items get added.
    Of course cosmetic items should not be a substitute for "real" content such as new maps etc., but if cosmetic items take off then the income just might increase the odds of EA/DICE creating more "regular" content, and faster.
  • setugwell
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped playing this game for a short while just because there was zero to achieve. I just recently hopped back on to find out there is now B coins now?

This is a very pathetic...

Is greed the driving force behind this game? I've thoroughly enjoyed BF for the past few years because of how different and epic the gameplay was. Its now mundane. You've already charged people for a game, then delux, then now coin to get anything.

The game has so many issues and you are wanting more from your faithful followers? Instead of giving to those who play, you instead take.

This company should be ashamed of itself. Utterly ashamed.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    I saw two guys wearing new cosmetic items tonight, and I gotta admit, they looked really cool :smiley:
    In fact seeing some of the new cosmetic stuff in-game has made me change my mind completely on this subject: I think cosmetic items is a fantastic idea, and it should have been added to BF long ago.
    The ability to look unique (with enough cosmetic items created by DICE) and also the ability to recognize a certain player because of the look of his items, either a team mate or a guy from the enemy team...it flat out rocks!
    I can definitely see myself buying some stuff later on when more items get added.
    Of course cosmetic items should not be a substitute for "real" content such as new maps etc., but if cosmetic items take off then the income just might increase the odds of EA/DICE creating more "regular" content, and faster.
    After a good night’s sleep (!) I am not so sure cosmetics is a good idea. It’s supposed to be two teams of soldiers fighting each other, and soldiers are all wearing the same uniform. With cosmetics, each soldier will have a unique look (potentially), meaning characters will make BF look more like a freak show or a carnival.
  • ricky0615
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want to buy skins in a game with lack of contents.