DISCUSSION : Battlefield™ Coins Megathread

Comments

• LankRich
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Feel free to disagree and tell me otherwise in the comments, but I think the people who bought the deluxe version of this game shouldn't have to spend any more money for 'Epic'/ elite skins. 

Granted, I was one of the naive idiots who bought the deluxe version of this game before I saw the trailer and with the anticipation that it would be worth every penny... But there has been little to nothing to show for purchasing deluxe.

By no means am I saying that it all should be free, but instead should be available through CC or something, for all players.

I'm pretty sure that in Battlefield 4, if you bought Premium pass you would have access to everything within the game and that was that. I don't understand why BFV has taken an alternative approach to this (If there is a reason, please tell me).

What does everyone else think about the new microtransactions?

• LinkZeppeloyd
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    I might purchase a skin if Boins were removed entirely. I really hate these digital currency schemes of having you pay more than what the item actually cost. 750 Boins for an epic skin but I can only buy incriminates of 500, which leaves you with 250 Boins. Can you purchase anything with 250? Nope. Guess you'll have to purchase more Boins so that 250 doesn't go to waste.

Screw that.

I got a little chuckle from noticing "most popular" sticky right above the $9.99 option.

Well, since you noticed the scam, you’re not the intended audience. I doubt ages 8-12 notice, and their parents certainly aren’t going to venture into gaming world to figure it out.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wait a minute, two currencies, again!?!
  • LankRich
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They're giving such little incentive for players to buy deluxe for the next title they release. But I was really surprised that they didn't offer anything with the latest update.
  • dinobass
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree giving Deluxe buyers some bonus Boins would be a fair and right thing to do.
  • Trokey66
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Have taken a look at it.
    Seriously, will any really spend money on this.

The pricing is absolutely ridiculous. For 49,95€ you get 6000 Boins. That's enough to buy 8 Epic uniforms. Just eight! For a fifty. Even if you would get ALL the available and upcoming soldier uniforms, all the weapon and vehicle skins, I mean EVERYTHING, the price would still be waaay too high.

If they really thought that this is the way to finance the game, they have already failed miserably. They just overpriced themselves. Overpriced themselves out of the business. 

Premium Model = One extra 50€ equals approx. 16 new maps, weapons, vehicles etc. Live Service Model = 8 solider uniforms. :joy:

Without a doubt, these skins are probably not worth it but.......

Through that revenue, the maps that could be produced may be a different story.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think that anyone in their right mind would or could argue that teh live service has been a success in ANY way, except to EA who charged premium prices for a game to many people and now don't have to deliver any meaningful content going forwards. 

The premium model was a guarantee to the consumer of content. 

You can say that the quality will be bad, but all the BF DLC's had really good maps worth playing. Out of 28 or so something maps, there are only 3 or 4 that I really don't like much.......
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    745 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haha I've just seen the epic skins, I was wrong the wall of Boin is fine, they're all naff.

An STG with a couple of twigs stuck to it is what's going to fund our new content? Hope everyone likes Panzerstorm 
  • iSmokeYachtzz
    0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys... I ha e invested money into all the battlefields up from bad company 2 and now as of today i am not so impressed with the new update making it so i have to pay real money for any epic items.. Tried to pull my friends back into this but now they wont play and im pretty sure my time is through aswell . and evennwith the best version of the game i dont get a free amount of currency ...
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Trokey66 said:
    Now let's all go and complain about lack of content.......

You see ... that's the problem. This community complained endlessly about buying maps, guns, vehicles and gadgets ... so what made EA think that people would spend their money on cosmetics instead?

This game's content delivery system was dependent on these 'boins' ... which didn't give me any confidence when I first heard about it, and I certainly don't think it's going to work now. If people whine about microtransactions in successful games like Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, Fortnite and even Warframe, why wouldn't they complain about microtransactions on BFV of all things?

During many a 'remove premium' threads, one of the main alternatives suggest was Microtransctions for cosmetics and that is what we are getting.

It is arguable that given that 'feedback', EA/DICE were 'justified' in going down this route.

The main problem is, the 'community' can't decide what it wants but complains when it gets it.

Ongoing content has to be fiscally viable for EA/DICE through either Premium or Microtransctions, we are getting the latter but there are now threads and post such as this that are stating that the 'community' shouldn't buy Boins till 'they fix the game' and one of those 'fixes' is more content!
    Nope. The community is clear on what it wants. A AAA title to be half decent. If the game had been good and the content had been flowing (say 5 or six maps by now as we could/should have REASONABLY expected following the patch of previous releases), then there would be less people upset that BOINS are in the game.  Many here paid 80 Euros and more for this game,. and many posters here have played previous titles and EXPECT the content. 

Its not that the community doesn't know what it wants. We weren't given a choice, and when you see BS like BOINS being developed when the core game is in such a mess, then it perfectly fair for consumers to be annoyed about the priorities. 

Every time I load a game, I get a black screen and have to restart and it loads second time around. That is 6 months on and that sort of BS is still prevalent and yet we get BOINS and no new maps and bug fixes for the core game. Its simply not good enough. 
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 4
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    SirBobdk said:
    Have taken a look at it.
    Seriously, will any really spend money on this.

The pricing is absolutely ridiculous. For 49,95€ you get 6000 Boins. That's enough to buy 8 Epic uniforms. Just eight! For a fifty. Even if you would get ALL the available and upcoming soldier uniforms, all the weapon and vehicle skins, I mean EVERYTHING, the price would still be waaay too high.

If they really thought that this is the way to finance the game, they have already failed miserably. They just overpriced themselves. Overpriced themselves out of the business. 

Premium Model = One extra 50€ equals approx. 16 new maps, weapons, vehicles etc. Live Service Model = 8 solider uniforms. :joy:

Without a doubt, these skins are probably not worth it but.......

Through that revenue, the maps that could be produced may be a different story.

that "could" should prevent us to buy anything till it's clear we get more good content :wink:
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ridiculous, how they did that.
    I bought premium every battlefiled game
    And deluxe to show how i am a fan of the series, hope we are shown some kind of love
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When they did a Reddit question time did dice say that they will look into deluxe edition and make it better value for money?
  • The_Judge893
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    Dice.... What the heck is up with adding micro transactions to BFV.... I have 57k in points saved up and now I HAVE to buy currency to get most of the items in the store?!? The lame items still take points and that’s even a small selection...! I am so irritated with this change. I have been a longtime fan for years starting from the very first battlefield. But this stupid battle royale and now these crazy micro transactions. I wouldn’t mind premium coming back again like I have purchased for every past battlefield vs this BS.

You can see my history as a player Dice... I have never once complained and have thousands of hours playing the series. I have always been a loyal fan and backed you guys even when people are complaining about the lack of content already. But this... This is it.

P.S. if I wanted to play battle royale I would go play PUBG. Stick to what your good at not conforming to what literally everyone else is doing. You already have a awesome and unique product. Take the resources that you are using on firestorm and focus on the main game! What everyone is here to play.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    Amen, brother.

Make sure you send this to them via email as they probably wont see it on here.

Very well said though.
  • The_Judge893
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    Thanks man! I have already called them. Will probably email as well. The whole micro transactions make the game just feel cheap and like I downloaded a free trial.... Gimmicky of sorts...

Totally takes the fun out of it.... More then anything I’m just so disappointed. I love this series and every BF has been awesome. But this totally ruins it.
  • BaronVonGetrekt
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hope it isn't a sign of things to come - or NOT to come.
  • bran1986
    5587 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People wanted to get rid of premium and not have to pay for your maps. This was put in its place to help pay for extra content. They are cosmetics, buy them or not it has 0 impact on the actual game.