"Elite Sets" are ONLY purchasable via Battlefield Currency.

SupremeAzsoul
332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2019
This gives you the impression that all cosmetics can be unlocked with regular CC.
Some people really need to take a closer look. 
It says: "Battlefield Currency (Real world money) - Cosmetic Items"
It also says : "Company Coin - Cosmetic Items"

Post edited by SupremeAzsoul on

Comments

• bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE has always said there would cosmetics only obtained through real money.....
  • Netranger9
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What did you expect,the idea is to make real cash.

• RedEyeJedi82k
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This gives you the impression that all cosmetics can be unlocked with regular CC.
    They should have made a second second branch to the "Boins", - Elite Sets, Epic skins etc.

YUP ! this is TOTAL BS !
    you CANT buy individual skins parts (pants, jackets/shirts, headgear/helmets) now... you NEED to buy the COMPLETE set even if you only want the pants LOL ! well, time to leave the Battlefield franchise, EA/DICE just shoot themselves by adding their "boins" (what an stupid name) before adding Maps to a game that is already dying, they didn't learn anything from the ((( BATTLEFRONT 2 ))) fiasco, OUT ! **puts two fingers in the air and walks away...**
  • RedEyeJedi82k
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    DICE has always said there would cosmetics only obtained through real money.....

what does that graphic say huh ? look at it, what do you see ?
  • Cannon-dale10
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree. Funny though because I spent $120 on BF 4, which was Deluxe w/ Premium. This game I spent $80, and thats it. they got less money from me and I won't be buying any skins.  EA, you could have had more. If only....
  • PackersDK
    897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Actually, all the illustration shows is that cosmetics will be available to buy from either CC and Boins. Or both. So really, it’s how you read it.

Pretty hucksterish, and I’m not defending Dice. Just saying it depends on how you read it. 

Personally I actually don’t care or get the fuss. We knew this was coming and it was how they’d fund future content. It’s just skins. 
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    huge letdown on that one. on top of the fact the skins are not worth buying.

they are well made and look great. but it's just what should be in the game by default . I can't believe they think that's what we want in a premium skin
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I was pretty disappointed, cuz I like some of the uniforms, but I’m not an idiot who’s gonna pay more than $5 for a skin or uniform that I’ll use till a new one comes up in a month.
    And the best thing for me, is the fact that a lot of the people I know who hated premium and wanted it gone, are the same ones who have already spent $50 for a few uniforms. Also I think the “Boins” are over priced.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only thing that would make me buy a skin would be if they made me invisible. Oh wait... those are already available for free.
  • ghos7bear
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another slap in the face. This game is done. I used to play every day, grinding for CC. Now that I know CC is useless to buy anything I want, I won't play every day anymore and probably give up with the game.
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    Only thing that would make me buy a skin would be if they made me invisible. Oh wait... those are already available for free.

In a way you pay to get uniforms that make you more visible to enemies!
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    bran1986 said:
    Citation needed. All I know so far is that we had the diagram above instead of this
    Of course this will not ruin the game for me, I have bigger gameplay related concerns.
    I just do not like that it is being claimed that the original diagram meant boin only purchaces all along. I would be fine if they had the stones to say "We changed idea cause the game needs more money to fund it"
    It was in one of the dev talk videos.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GrossTangiblePigAllenHuhu
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This here is what is wrong with many too many people who play video games (not just BF games but all).   First they complain about premium and not wanting to pay for extra content.  Then when they get their wish and we have a 'live service' which requires people to actually buy cosmetics to keep it alive, they then complain about that.  In what world did you not think (even though it has been stated in the past) that DICE wouldnt make some cosmetics BOINs only.  Even if DICE actually decided to make Elite kits cost a ton and half of CCs well as BOINs, they would then complain that it takes too long to get enough CC to buy anything.   
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This here is what is wrong with many too many people who play video games (not just BF games but all).   First they complain about premium and not wanting to pay for extra content.  Then when they get their wish and we have a 'live service' which requires people to actually buy cosmetics to keep it alive, they then complain about that.  In what world did you not think (even though it has been stated in the past) that DICE wouldnt make some cosmetics BOINs only.  Even if DICE actually decided to make Elite kits cost a ton and half of CCs well as BOINs, they would then complain that it takes too long to get enough CC to buy anything.   
    And that's essentially how the gaming community works - because there are so many different wants of players, the devs can't cover them all, so they compromise - but then no-one got exactly what they wanted so they all kick off. I wonder why the community has such a bad reputation? ...
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 said:
    And that's essentially how the gaming community works - because there are so many different wants of players, the devs can't cover them all, so they compromise - but then no-one got exactly what they wanted so they all kick off. I wonder why the community has such a bad reputation? ...

The price of trying to become #EveryonesBattlefield
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 said:
    But this is all to do with cosmetics (that you can barely even see yourself), not game play or even weapons/gadgets/vehicles.  Too many people want something for nothing.  Their chosen deity help them if they are also like that in the real world. 
  • TheShwaaa
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    O.K but how do I buy more maps?
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is exasperating. Not the boins thing, but everyone demanding free everything. Logically there would ALWAYS have to be cash only cosmetics to incentivize players to spend money in order to fund further development. If everything was made "free" why would anyone pay real money, and thus how would we get new maps and weapons?

Jesus, cry more.
  • Trokey66
    9107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheShwaaa wrote: »
    O.K but how do I buy more maps?

Buy cosmetics?

This is getting really tiresome!