This Week in Battlefield V

*FIXED* Game crashing to desktop after patch today

Comments

• PDGC_sandmanNL
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Using the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command is also explained there.

btw, do you guys check the logs in event viewer?

Windows key and X, in the menu chose event viewer
  • s88s1tta
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    All your repair tools are total BS.
    I have tried everything from all firmware and software updates to whatever.

My findings are

DX12 makes the game crash
    DX11 works ok, but is ~30-50% less fps with latest nvidia drivers

Just use nvidia 417.01 drivers - those are stable with BFV.

Ive got 
    2700x
    32G gskill 3200
    970pro ssd
    2x 2080ti (using only one)

EDIT: This was a mistake, 417.01 crashes all the same
    The 417.01 gives ~10% decreas in fps with DX12, but NO crashes.

Ill be testing newer drivers on the fly, but will use 417.01 for stability.
    Post edited by s88s1tta on
  • Rimc_LT
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 1 thing that works for me to not crach is to turn OFF dx12 and turn ON future frame rendering. If no future frame rendering my nvidia 1080 works only half the power (i wouldnt be using it if i did not have 120 monitor).
  • Rimc_LT
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    s88s1tta said:
    All your repair tools are total BS.
    I have tried everything from all firmware and software updates to whatever.

My findings are

DX12 makes the game crash
    DX11 works ok, but is ~30-50% less fps with latest nvidia drivers

Just use nvidia 417.01 drivers - those are stable with BFV.

Ive got 
    2700x
    32G gskill 3200
    970pro ssd
    2x 2080ti (using only one)

The 417.01 gives ~10% decreas in fps with DX12, but NO crashes.

Ill be testing newer drivers on the fly, but will use 417.01 for stability.
    As i sed if u want more power from GPU u need turn on future frame rendering ON on dx11. Or You could try in Nvidia settings on BF5 change future renderings to number "2" 9but not always works for me.
  • lGuerillal
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crashes returned for me and my friend today
  • Soulbreeze
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll have to see how this latest patch runs when I play tonight, but the only way I haven't crashed during a game session since the last patch before this newest one was to run in borderless windowed mode. I have no idea why, but I'd crash every game session before playing in fullscreen (which is how I normally run my games).
  • s88s1tta
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody wants future frame rendering. The input lag in intense game is awful.

What i\ve tried now also:

Did all kinds of stress tests (memtest, prime95, furmark ... etc) - all clean.
    Usually I had cpu clocked @ 4G and mem @3200 xmp (no errors, crashes, artifacts in any other game). So I tried 0 OC, all defaults. ... and bfv crashed.
    Sometimes it crashes so that the screen gets locked for 2 seconds and then it throws me back to desktop, sometimes its straight to desktop. Windows does not crash.

So I put back oc(4.1GHz)  and D.O.C.P - yesterday game ran just fine - no crashes, no stutter.
    Temps are fine: [email protected] , cpu @40-50C
    Oh, yea and the PSU is 1200W, all voltages are ok, so no probs there. 

What is also totally random are the random lockups/cpu spikes. Yesterday (04.07.2019) the game ran as it should be without any stutter.
    I have no other noteworthy apps open, the nvidia GPU activity monitor shows nothing else to prey on gpu, cpu loads are ok.
    All the awful services that made the lockups extra choppy are stopped (onedrive, sysmain (memory prefetch), gaming mode, nvidia overlay, origin overlay).
    Only steam, origin and discord are running. I even closed chrome as it consumed some gpu (yes i disabled HW acceleration in chrome, but still).
  • ChunkyBuu
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    For what it's worth, a disabled virtual memory a few weeks ago  and havent had one single crash to desktop since. I have 32GB of RAM in my system. I use  DX12 without FFR
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same.. all was fine until the patch.. 2 CTD's this afternoon. Must be something wrong with my PC...lol. 
  • RamboCras
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same thing... about 1 time a day. But I only play for an hour or so.
  • GVlXxf
    437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    all is raised from origin,not the game itself
  • FredyOneShot
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi! Sorry for my english.... for me and my friends the problem is solved with this. No more fps drop and no more crash To desktop. 

https://www.ceos3c.com/misc/battlefield-5-stutter-fix-working/
  • MeapleG
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Followed article from OP in #2. Seemed to have worked for me. Everything is a lot smoother, even the menus where they would stutter before when they would load. I would classify this as a workaround though as it seems Origin client is to blame. I will also blame BF5 client for not handling caching correctly.

I have been crashing after 30 seconds in every single game until this evening after clearing out the cache.

If it helps anyone else, below are my PC specs and game settings.

DX11
    Future Frame Rendering On

Ryzen 1800X
    16GB RAM
    Running game off a M.2 SSD
    GTX 1070

Standby RAM not cleared out before playing the game.

Nvidia drivers 431.36
  • Nzz1
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still random CTD in DX 12.

9900k stock
    2080ti stock

FML :(
  • EDK-Rise
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nzz1 said:
    Still random CTD in DX 12.

9900k stock
    2080ti stock

FML :(
    try DX11
  • UpKilla
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had the same issue did the above of clearing my cache, it didn't work. 

Then I went to my library and clicked on BF 5. Then clicked on the gear and said check for updates. It downloaded something and now the game is working. Hope it works for everyone else. 
  • Wboson
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah had the crash also.
  • Mc_TheRipper
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just crashed for me too.
  • KingColossus93
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is imposible to play a full game with crashing problems. You are trying to do the best game and kill, and in the middle of the game battlefield crash. Every day 2-3 times. I am boring. This game is a **** and the developers are joking of us.
  • Mc_TheRipper
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it hasn't been the most stable game so far (I'm not even going to comment on the problems with DX12, proper GPU utilization, strange performance issues) but this last patch has made it really unplayable even for ppl with otherwise rock stable PCs.
    And we don't even hear anything about that being a problem at all, funny... same procedure as with AC and other problems.