DISCUSSION : Battlefield™ Coins Megathread

Comments

• The_Judge893
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It does... It takes away the fun of even earning points... I have saved up 57k in useless experience points. Also the thrill of unlocking new items. Before what someone was wearing showed the time they put in. What’s the fun in buying all of the cosemetics?

I disagree. I would rather pay $49 extra to get all the maps and not have to get nickled and dimed if I want to get a freaking hat just so my guy stands out. In previous games you could unlock levels in certain classes and I’m sure that covered a lot of the cost on top of premium.

People come to play a immersive battle experience with people from all of the world and show off their accomplishments in a unique game.

Not something that’s slowly turning into the same thing as everything else out there.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14444 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    What happened to my OP Dice?
    I merged as many BOINS related threads into this megathread to reduce spam.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there should be a way to exchange CC for Boins for some reasonable rate. They are just cosmetics, yes, but I still don't like the idea that you don't have a way to unlock everything you want without paying real money for it. Besides, some of us already spend too much real money for Deluxe Edition and basically got nothing out of it. 
  • spateri1
    270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd pay for the privilege of making my own voiceovers for the squad. That'd be hilarious for the clan.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 said:
    Well we all knew monetization was coming. It could have been implemented the better way but now you look a bit weird acting like microtransactions came out of nowhere.
    Have to agree. Although I'm a little annoyed by the fact that you can't buy them with CC, it's not exactly surprising if you haven't been living under a rock that they've added a premium currency - it was announced quite a while before launch.
    Also you're really comparing a premium currency... to maps? I don't even know any more.
    I am not. And it's not pleasing to get nothing new to the actual game because screw BR memes.
    EA wants to sell cosmetic stuff to possibly fund further development. I'm not sure if that's true so I'm not wasting my money on microtransactions.
  • MaydupNem
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bought the premium package. So now go ahead and make those damn maps ffs. Cosmetics are coll, apart from the weapon ones.
  • Trokey66
    9160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    SirBobdk said:
    Have taken a look at it.
    Seriously, will any really spend money on this.

The pricing is absolutely ridiculous. For 49,95€ you get 6000 Boins. That's enough to buy 8 Epic uniforms. Just eight! For a fifty. Even if you would get ALL the available and upcoming soldier uniforms, all the weapon and vehicle skins, I mean EVERYTHING, the price would still be waaay too high.

If they really thought that this is the way to finance the game, they have already failed miserably. They just overpriced themselves. Overpriced themselves out of the business. 

Premium Model = One extra 50€ equals approx. 16 new maps, weapons, vehicles etc. Live Service Model = 8 solider uniforms. :joy:

Without a doubt, these skins are probably not worth it but.......

Through that revenue, the maps that could be produced may be a different story.

that "could" should prevent us to buy anything till it's clear we get more good content :wink:

Then we may well be buggered as without one, we may not get the other.

But hey, at least the 'community' has got what it wants and the player base isn't split.......

Hang on!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    SirBobdk said:
    Have taken a look at it.
    Seriously, will any really spend money on this.
    Stevie Wonder?

There is nothing that is good in there, the 'Epic' skins for class completion and ToW completion are much better than these. Canis Horribilis is still the best most detailed skin in the game 
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that there should be different skins for unlocks and boins but I like the new revenue stream. I'll just keep buying stuff and haters gonna hate. I don't care if I pay another 100 or 200 Euros to play this game. However there were times when this was a lot of money to me so I understand people whining about a full priced game at 60 Euros. Live with the fact that the whales are capable of funding games by spending a lot of money on them or keeping the publishers interest.

No doubt I'd rather spend money on new maps which would then be available to everybody. Like a kickstarter that pays for new maps and the supporter get some silly skin for it.

However for now I'm glad at least something is happening. 
  • ghos7bear
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Think about it, people who spend real money on cosmetics would do that anyway, even if epic and elite skins were available for CC, they are not ready to grind as much as we do anyway, they don't care. Instead, DICE just flipped us off for all our dedication and support to the game. I'm fully done this time.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is putting you over the edge? Not the downfall of the Battlefield series, the bugs, bad gameplay and so on... Skins must be extremely important to some people, not that these have any effect on the game itself. What a time to be alive!
  • ghos7bear
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is putting you over the edge? Not the downfall of the Battlefield series, the bugs, bad gameplay and so on... Skins must be extremely important to some people, not that these have any effect on the game itself. What a time to be alive!
    They do not change the game but they change my enjoyment and immersion. I just got a huge finger in my face for supporting the game despite said downfall, bugs and gameplay issues, that's why it put me over the edge.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Boins are out since yesterday and every 2nd or 3rd thread is about that nonsense. BFV has so many issues but that isn't it's biggest at all, I wouldn't even consider it as a problem. I've known from the beginning that skins would be locked behind a paywall since about every game is doing it this way. Yes BFV is a mess and adding boins the way they did feels strange but the real problem is more likely the last patch DICE released. Instead of fixing the core game the patch was 90% Firestorm... thats  a middle finger to the loyal players.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree it's a dumb move but on the plus side there isn't a single thing in the store I feel looks good enough to spend even $1 on so I'm not too conflicted.
  • Noodlesocks
    3662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's baffling to think people are more outraged at skins being locked behind a paywall and not guns and maps.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously, what did people expect?
    That DICE would just keep making updates and content for BFV for free?

I am the only one who knew from the start that there would be skins you could only buy for Boins? Wasn't it really obvious to anyone but me?
    Just about every other game does this and at least it allows DICE to release maps everyone can play on, instead of splitting the community every time new maps are released (like they did with Premium).

How the heck are they supposed to keep releasing content if they have no income? EA would never allow that :/

Does DICE release content fast enough?
    Absolutely not.
    Is it fair that DICE make exclusive "Boins only" skins instead of Premium?
    Yes, if people dislike that they should tell DICE to change it back with the new Battlefield game.

And yes, I might be slightly agitated due to this being the 212th thread complaining about the "Boins Exclusive" skins on the forum and BFV Reddit.
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Epic sets aren't locked behind a paywall, only elites. 

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Some Epic sets are locked behind a paywall though, like the Diving Rod Afrika Korps set.

There are two sets in the game that are now locked behind Battlefield Coins, but were previously available for Company Coins when the game was having CC issues. I got the helmet for one of those sets, and if I want to finish that set, I have to pay real money.

I was looking forward to some of the skins that have appeared in the armoury, but alas, it looks like I won't bother with them now. I can pay for guns, vehicles, maps and gadgets, but skins ... eh, I'd probably not.

Oh well.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    PREFACE: Yes there's already a lot of threads. Yes it's been talked about. Just walk on by or ignore it if it inflames your anuus just to read this... haha

I agree full-heartedly with Westie here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJFsA3MuAUk 

It's not about getting stuff for free. It's about rewarding players for playing your game, and they're more likely to purchase more things from you when you establish quality and trust.

(See Star Wars Battlefield II setup for a better model... the. same. dev. studio. hmmm...)

• Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Some Epic sets are locked behind a paywall though, like the Diving Rod Afrika Korps set.

There are two sets in the game that are now locked behind Battlefield Coins, but were previously available for Company Coins when the game was having CC issues. I got the helmet for one of those sets, and if I want to finish that set, I have to pay real money.

I was looking forward to some of the skins that have appeared in the armoury, but alas, it looks like I won't bother with them now. I can pay for guns, vehicles, maps and gadgets, but skins ... eh, I'd probably not.

Oh well.
    Maybe for now, but I think later on they'll be available through the other said alternatives. Like the Weekly Storylines and weapon max rank(I haven't seen any cosmetic rewards for maxing a weapon rank yet), which we haven't seen yet.