"Elite Sets" are ONLY purchasable via Battlefield Currency.

Comments

• TheShwaaa
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    Buy cosmetics?

This is getting really tiresome!
    That's really an anti-consumer business model though, like a restaurant where dessert is free for everyone as long as they buy overpriced novelty hats and masks to wear while they eat.
  • Hawxxeye
    5342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    This is exasperating. Not the boins thing, but everyone demanding free everything. Logically there would ALWAYS have to be cash only cosmetics to incentivize players to spend money in order to fund further development. If everything was made "free" why would anyone pay real money, and thus how would we get new maps and weapons?

Jesus, cry more.
    Yes it is reasonable to have premium cosmetics to help fund the game.
    What is not ok is them posting a chart that forms the expectation that there would be too ways to get any cosmetic.
    If you look into human (and animal* sometimes) behavior one tends to gets displeased or pleased by weighting the hand they were dealt with against a certain standard of expectations one they have formed based on previous information and past experiences.
    Many people believe that DICE/EA has betrayed the expectations they formed with that old chart.
    These topics are a result of this.
    However I wanted to ask you something personally, what guarantee do we have that the money from boins will fund further development of this game instead of the executives bank accounts and other games? Only the future will tell, certainly if they get nothing from things like boins it will help the game less than if they get something out of it,

*An example of the animal expectations here:

• Trokey66
    8246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheShwaaa wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:
    Buy cosmetics?

That's really an anti-consumer business model though, like a restaurant where dessert is free for everyone as long as they buy overpriced novelty hats and masks to wear while they eat.

Is that the same restaurant that used to charge a fixed price but guaranteed 4 courses with an occasional free bonus drink or 2 thrown in?
  • SirBobdk
    4014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All it takes to get the forum active is skins.
    Never mind all the importent problems this game have
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1797 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    This is exasperating. Not the boins thing, but everyone demanding free everything. Logically there would ALWAYS have to be cash only cosmetics to incentivize players to spend money in order to fund further development. If everything was made "free" why would anyone pay real money, and thus how would we get new maps and weapons?

Jesus, cry more.
    What is not ok is them posting a chart that forms the expectation that there would be too ways to get any cosmetic.
    If you look into human (and animal* sometimes) behavior one tends to gets displeased or pleased by weighting the hand they were dealt with against a certain standard of expectations one they have formed based on previous information and past experiences.
    Many people believe that DICE/EA has betrayed the expectations they formed with that old chart.
    However I wanted to ask you something personally, what guarantee do we have that the money from boins will fund further development of this game instead of the executives bank accounts and other games? Only the future will tell, certainly if they get nothing from things like boins it will help the game less than if they get something out of it,

Sorry that some people interpreted that chart wrongly, BUT, the devs have also previously stated that some cosmetics would be BOINs only.  It's not their fault that some people missed the announcement - plenty of others heard it loud and clear.  DICE havent changed the rules or mislead anyone with charts or statements or whatever.  
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Yep I don't understand that either. Skins must be really important and good looking :D
  • Hawxxeye
    5342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

Jesus, cry more.

Sorry that some people interpreted that chart wrongly, BUT, the devs have also previously stated that some cosmetics would be BOINs only.  It's not their fault that some people missed the announcement - plenty of others heard it loud and clear.  DICE havent changed the rules or mislead anyone with charts or statements or whatever.  
    Are you talking about the twitch video?
    That might as well count as small print in a contract. Or there was another more accessible source of information?
    Anyways I do not mind that there will be BOIN items only. I only frown at lack of transparency. I am not going to lose any sleep over it but there are more emotional and less dedicated players who will probably react poorly to this

• n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest I'd be happy to pay for a map pack. Hell, I'd even pay in advance for several map packs to be released over a set period.....
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    TheShwaaa wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:
    Buy cosmetics?

Is that the same restaurant that used to charge a fixed price but guaranteed 4 courses with an occasional free bonus drink or 2 thrown in?

No it is the same restaurant that charged a full meal price for the dinner setting and an appetizer. It then charged the same again for the main course. But you couldn't eat that main course at the table with the people who just bought the dinner setting and apertiser.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Halcyon_Creed_N7 said:
    Jesus, cry more.

Yes it is reasonable to have premium cosmetics to help fund the game.What is not ok is them posting a chart that forms the expectation that there would be too ways to get any cosmetic..If you look into human (and animal* sometimes) behavior one tends to gets displeased or pleased by weighting the hand they were dealt with against a certain standard of expectations one they have formed based on previous information and past experiences.Many people believe that DICE/EA has betrayed the expectations they formed with that old chart.These topics are a result of this.
    .However I wanted to ask you something personally, what guarantee do we have that the money from boins will fund further development of this game instead of the executives bank accounts and other games? Only the future will tell, certainly if they get nothing from things like boins it will help the game less than if they get something out of it,

Agreed. I don't know where the notion that purchasing cosmetics will ensure anything new other than what Dice and EA mapped out during the planning phase. I can't seem to find any statements by the Devs.

Let's say every player BFV purchases Boins, and becomes quite profitable, will Dice edit the current roadmap to include additional content? Will the next iteration of ToW (Waking the Sleeping Giants) include the amount of content players are used to from Premium? Probably not.

I'm sure the shareholders, the CEOs, and Dice will receive a cut of the profits, which would probably continue leaving us in a content drought.

I was totally against Premium as I didn't feel I was getting my money's worth, but I'm starting to think otherwise.

I really wish BFV's monetization was handled differently. Add in a ton of customization at a lower price.

• trip1ex
    4690 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    I would only dresses and tutus and leggings available via company coins.  

The rest would require Boins. 

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheShwaaa said:
    O.K but how do I buy more maps?
    With time.
  • DrOconnor
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This here is what is wrong with many too many people who play video games (not just BF games but all).   First they complain about premium and not wanting to pay for extra content.  Then when they get their wish and we have a 'live service' which requires people to actually buy cosmetics to keep it alive, they then complain about that.  In what world did you not think (even though it has been stated in the past) that DICE wouldnt make some cosmetics BOINs only.  Even if DICE actually decided to make Elite kits cost a ton and half of CCs well as BOINs, they would then complain that it takes too long to get enough CC to buy anything.   

It completely screws over people who bought deluxe for 80+ dollars .... we have rec NOTHING in return.
  • GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last night none of my squad was on so I decided to look into what I can spend my company coin on.  I saw a medic helmet I wanted a month or so ago and I keep looking.  What is really sad is that the really cool stuff requires actual dollars and there really isn't much to spend company coin on.  I know they need to make their money, but I'm disappointed in what they offer for company coin.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Forums are slipping cause no real clan support for last bunch of battlefields.  Old days like BF3 we always were getting on battlelog to get a new recruit to register and join and add them.  Now days we just get a clan tag and it doesn't cut the mustard.  BF4 was the last battlefield with actual clan support.  Hardline you had to buy premium just to own a clan tag.  BF1 was a tag only.  BF5 just a tag.  Also no stat tracker here now for stats for BF5.  Have to go to battlefieldtracker.  Heck Medal of honor Warfighter had clan support and actual clan matches.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Halcyon_Creed_N7 said:
    Jesus, cry more.

Yes it is reasonable to have premium cosmetics to help fund the game.What is not ok is them posting a chart that forms the expectation that there would be too ways to get any cosmetic..If you look into human (and animal* sometimes) behavior one tends to gets displeased or pleased by weighting the hand they were dealt with against a certain standard of expectations one they have formed based on previous information and past experiences.Many people believe that DICE/EA has betrayed the expectations they formed with that old chart.These topics are a result of this.
    .However I wanted to ask you something personally, what guarantee do we have that the money from boins will fund further development of this game instead of the executives bank accounts and other games? Only the future will tell, certainly if they get nothing from things like boins it will help the game less than if they get something out of it,

Agreed. I don't know where the notion that purchasing cosmetics will ensure anything new other than what Dice and EA mapped out during the planning phase. I can't seem to find any statements by the Devs.

Let's say every player BFV purchases Boins, and becomes quite profitable, will Dice edit the current roadmap to include additional content? Will the next iteration of ToW (Waking the Sleeping Giants) include the amount of content players are used to from Premium? Probably not.

I'm sure the shareholders, the CEOs, and Dice will receive a cut of the profits, which would probably continue leaving us in a content drought.

I was totally against Premium as I didn't feel I was getting my money's worth, but I'm starting to think otherwise.

I really wish BFV's monetization was handled differently. Add in a ton of customization at a lower price.

You didn’t feel you were getting your moneys worth with Premium????? Well worth it imho.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    DICE has always said there would cosmetics only obtained through real money.....
    Where did they say this? From this and other interviews I was also under the impression it would be a model of "Grind for weeks to months for them or buy them now with real money". But at least that way you could buy SOME new stuff from the store.

As it stands now they've slapped a real $ amount to each item... and none of them are even worth buying haha
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How is it misleading? It says you can use company coin on cosmetics, which you can. Just not ALL cosmetics. Since day one we’ve known cosmetics with a price tag were coming. I bet all these weezers complaining about micro transactions are also people who had daily whinge fests about premium, well here you go.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    How is it misleading? It says you can use company coin on cosmetics, which you can. Just not ALL cosmetics. Since day one we’ve known cosmetics with a price tag were coming. I bet all these weezers complaining about micro transactions are also people who had daily whinge fests about premium, well here you go.
    Um idk, maybe put an asterisk or something at the bottom of the diagram stating this haha. Because as the model implies in this graphic, you'd be able to earn all these things through CCOINS and have another option to purchase strictly cosmetics with BOINS. They intentionally left out details to not get flak.

It's obvious.

I'm not even against paid currency, just the current structure where items are both currencies is clunky and stupid.
    Let me buy what I want with one or the other. Is that too much to ask?
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    bran1986 said:
    DICE has always said there would cosmetics only obtained through real money.....
    Citation needed. All I know so far is that we had the diagram above instead of this
    Of course this will not ruin the game for me, I have bigger gameplay related concerns.
    I just do not like that it is being claimed that the original diagram meant boin only purchaces all along. I would be fine if they had the stones to say "We changed idea cause the game needs more money to fund it"
    It was in one of the dev talk videos.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/GrossTangiblePigAllenHuhu
    Good find. Like how he claims that "only a few" cosmetics will be B(OIN)S only. Turns out they actually meant that ALL actually decent cosmetics will be cash-only purchases.

Makes me wonder why they postponed the cash shop - they claimed they wanted to fix the CC issues first, but CC is irrelevant since all the decent cosmetics are cash-only anyway. CC is irrelevant.

Next step is lootboxes, a season pass and ToW boosters. Totally looking forward to those! /sarcasm