Does anyone like glancing hit?

MBT_Layzan
2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I find them really random and annoying, esp on the new anti tanks, seems to happen way more on them probably by design. But I really don't like this feature ever since bf1. I find that with lag, and how awful the hit registration is at present. Plus the fact we can't see any health bar and when people bail you can't tell either that the whole thing comes of very RNG and very frustrating at times.    

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it is awful, since it creates inconsistency, especially paired with attrtition in AT combat regardless of infantry or tank tactics. Especially with infantry where you either fight close range at contested objectives you willhave a hard time getting in a shot from the back, due to risk or exposure, or when engaging with a tank at longer ranges where a btter angle is just not achievable.
    This worked better when you actually had seven rockets at your disposal or infinite ammo.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So inconsistent, they sometimes make no sense, hitting a turret dead on and getting a glancing shot
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Its the inconsistency that is annoying.  You can land 4 AP rounds into an enemy tanks turret in pretty much the same spot, yet the first 2 can be glancing blows and do single figure damage and the last two do 'proper' damage.  
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its the inconsistency that is annoying.  You can land 4 AP rounds into an enemy tanks turret in pretty much the same spot, yet the first 2 can be glancing blows and do single figure damage and the last two do 'proper' damage.  
    Yes I find this. 
  • Fruxen
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be ok if it only happened sometimes on obviously weak hits, that taught you to aim better next time. But currently it just feels random and annoying.

In BF2142 the tanks and walkers had well defined weak spots that took extra damage and was a challenge to hit, otherwise you just did normal damage. IMO a better game mechanic than the random punishment of glancing hits.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fruxen wrote: »
    It would be ok if it only happened sometimes on obviously weak hits, that taught you to aim better next time. But currently it just feels random and annoying.

In BF2142 the tanks and walkers had well defined weak spots that took extra damage and was a challenge to hit, otherwise you just did normal damage. IMO a better game mechanic than the random punishment of glancing hits.

I know I've e hit tanks in good, 90 degree hits and been told it was glancing.
  • ElliotLH
    9541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a fan, no.
  • ghos7bear
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love when you get glancing blow with Sturmtiger point blank.
  • friendlyscope
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love the idea of glancing blows since it's realistic, but the inconsistency and the illogical behavior ingame makes it kinda meh. I mean, when you get a glancing blow off a Staghound from less then 10m away with Tiger's 88 ...  :s  
  • MBT_Layzan
    I love the idea of glancing blows since it's realistic, but the inconsistency and the illogical behavior ingame makes it kinda meh. I mean, when you get a glancing blow off a Staghound from less then 10m away with Tiger's 88 ...  :s  
    It seems most people find it inconsistent. If they can't change this I think it would be better to remove it. 
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I find them really random and annoying, esp on the new anti tanks, seems to happen way more on them probably by design. But I really don't like this feature ever since bf1. I find that with lag, and how awful the hit registration is at present. Plus the fact we can't see any health bar and when people bail you can't tell either that the whole thing comes of very RNG and very frustrating at times.    

It should happen, because I love angling my armour and it should be encouraged as a skill to learn, as well as proper shot placement, but on casemates it feels wrong because you can’t just hit the turret for max damage from all angles, etc.

Personally I’d make it so you can bounce rounds off the turret too.

Also the whole netcode glancing blow drives me nuts, I often hit tracks from front with AP round only for them to have actually traversed so it bounces off their side, despite not showing it on screen.