BFV the worst experience ever.

Comments

• StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was horrid... granted on os3 then PS4. Not sure if PC humans Xbox had a better time.

It was not fun at all for a while Year. Levolution, bad maps, technical issues. Just poor execution.

BFV has less content. But less issues. Still lots to complain about don’t get me wrong.
    But at its core there’s good there. BR mode has clearly drained time and resources from the main real game though which is sad.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    Hey this just in - lots of us BF fans really like BFV and are sick of folks coming on the forum and keep talking about how this is their last BF game ever because it's hard and you miss helicopters and chaos. Got it. Thanks. Move along - see you next BF game (or not).

The problem with that approach is if the devs don't see the disappointment and poor reviews then they won't know they did wrong, or even if they do know they won't know what made it go wrong.

I'm happy to admit some aspects of BFV are fine, but a lot of BF fans DON'T feel BFV is great. For example from my BAD COMPANY 2 clan that's played BF3, 4 and most of us 1 as well, I am the only one playing BFV any more and the only one playing Firestorm. Most of the others are playing APEX or Escape from Tarkov.

Now we were never a big clan but BFV has lost the attention of 95%+ of our players. Have they replaced us with new users? The pre-order numbers says not likely.

And no one is complaining it is hard, just that it is bad. Hard and bad are not mutually inclusive.

I will admit this game had terrible PR, a terrible rollout, and their direction for WW2 coupled with poor communication is inexcusable. But from a straight gameplay perspective I find this to be one of the most intense, raw experiences since at least BF3. Of course there are balancing issues, every one of these games has balancing issues but frankly I do not even notice or care about some of the issues folks complain about. Every one of these games has a learning curve and certain changes in game mechanics are not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure I can remember a BF where players didn't camp, and snipe, and not PTFO so I'm not sure that's a complaint exclusive to BFV. And the game is in MUCH BETTER shape than BF4 was at this point, even though we all now hold BF4 on some high pedestal because of the state it was finally in 2 years after release. What we should be much more upset/anxious about in this title is content, as the WW2 genre has probably more potential than any and if DICE/EA can't get over the early fumbling of this game then we are going to miss out on a lot of fun - and I really do fear what would come next. The beauty of this game is that caters to a lot of different play styles, and so each new title always seems to inevitably setoff one portion of the player base (i.e. sniping is too hard, vehicles are OP, why doesn't what worked in BF1 work in BFV?, etc.). I guess I enjoy having to adapt to each new battlefield, and with the same basic game in place - still have to say this one a great enjoyment to play with a squad of buddies. I'm rooting for it.
  • Jarp75
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    BF4 was really atrocious, this bad experience was actually the reason why I quit playing multiplayer games at all for years until Battlefield 5 came out. I played the beta and I really loved this game until now. It has it´s flaws, especially when it comes to bad netcode issues. But aside from that I think this game is actually quite good. What we now need are more maps.
  • Nixkill666
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hey this just in - lots of us BF fans really like BFV and are sick of folks coming on the forum and keep talking about how this is their last BF game ever because it's hard and you miss helicopters and chaos. Got it. Thanks. Move along - see you next BF game (or not).

The problem with that approach is if the devs don't see the disappointment and poor reviews then they won't know they did wrong, or even if they do know they won't know what made it go wrong.

I'm happy to admit some aspects of BFV are fine, but a lot of BF fans DON'T feel BFV is great. For example from my BAD COMPANY 2 clan that's played BF3, 4 and most of us 1 as well, I am the only one playing BFV any more and the only one playing Firestorm. Most of the others are playing APEX or Escape from Tarkov.

Now we were never a big clan but BFV has lost the attention of 95%+ of our players. Have they replaced us with new users? The pre-order numbers says not likely.

And no one is complaining it is hard, just that it is bad. Hard and bad are not mutually inclusive.

I will admit this game had terrible PR, a terrible rollout, and their direction for WW2 coupled with poor communication is inexcusable. But from a straight gameplay perspective I find this to be one of the most intense, raw experiences since at least BF3. Of course there are balancing issues, every one of these games has balancing issues but frankly I do not even notice or care about some of the issues folks complain about. Every one of these games has a learning curve and certain changes in game mechanics are not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure I can remember a BF where players didn't camp, and snipe, and not PTFO so I'm not sure that's a complaint exclusive to BFV. And the game is in MUCH BETTER shape than BF4 was at this point, even though we all now hold BF4 on some high pedestal because of the state it was finally in 2 years after release. What we should be much more upset/anxious about in this title is content, as the WW2 genre has probably more potential than any and if DICE/EA can't get over the early fumbling of this game then we are going to miss out on a lot of fun - and I really do fear what would come next. The beauty of this game is that caters to a lot of different play styles, and so each new title always seems to inevitably setoff one portion of the player base (i.e. sniping is too hard, vehicles are OP, why doesn't what worked in BF1 work in BFV?, etc.). I guess I enjoy having to adapt to each new battlefield, and with the same basic game in place - still have to say this one a great enjoyment to play with a squad of buddies. I'm rooting for it.

I do not get why you and some in the community think that anyone having a problem with the game is turned off by the difficulty or has some other issues, like a low end PC or bad connection. Is this Apple? Is this an i-battlefield? I get it, you are so skilled that even if shots are not registering, with insta kills no footsteps, issues vaulting, forced defensive gameplay, you are up to the task. Be proud, but do not go and tell people who are having a bad experience that they are wrong. If we post on forums and take time to comment, it is because we are fans of the game and paying customers... this iteration is, beyond marketing and politics, not good fun, compared to BF3, nat at all, not even compared to BF1 that had worse gunplay and progression. I am not saying I had no good games, and I am doing better than any other BF i played, and you seem to have a good experience... but the fun is not there given all camping bi-podded, scoped approach. Over and out.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fas7Eddi3 said:
    BF5 hit registration is the best in the series by far. Your internet connection must suck. The only thing this game lacks is content and maps and you can thank all the damn whiners got complaining about premium. Id gladly pay 100 dollars for 4 new maps every 3 months
    Is this guy trolling or what? Hit reg was decent before that first firestorm update and now it's trash
  • ElliotLH
    8974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Apparently this man has never sliced jalapenos for some tacos and then forgotten to wash their hands before using the restroom.

Been there hahahaha
  • ragnarok013
    3654 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    It can be rough.
    It’s still leagues ahead of BF4 first 12 months.

Was BF4 THAT bad? I recall an issue or two, but I had fun each time I played it.

You must have bot been there at the launch if battlefield 4
    Horrible all around For DICE at that time

I played BF4 on all 5 platforms and the launch wasn't bad for me.  I also do support over on the EA Answers HQ and I saw first hand that other players had major issues with BF4's launch while other players that I played with did not; it was crazy trying to figure out why some people were incapable of playing while others had little to no issues with similar systems. The issues that I experienced were mostly server issues like the tower on Siege of Shanghai nuking the server if you took it down.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was a brilliant game with tons of content, even though the launch was horrible. BFV has some good features, it's not all bad, but it's hollow and empty. To me there is no comparison with these two titles, BF4 wins hands down. BFV has no soul. That's how I would describe it. Soulless.
  • SirBobdk
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    BF4 was a brilliant game with tons of content, even though the launch was horrible. BFV has some good features, it's not all bad, but it's hollow and empty. To me there is no comparison with these two titles, BF4 wins hands down. BFV has no soul. That's how I would describe it. Soulless.
    All earlier BF games outperform BFV on almost all points imo. BF has become a shadow of itself with BFV.
    BFV is a good game compared to other FPS games on the marked, but it loses in comparison with previous BF games

• TKing2
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 and BF4 had superior "fun" aspects like the vehicles in spawn and just doing crazy stuff like the C4 car or helicopter maneuveurs etc. So many good times on those maps. But we have to agree that the gunplay is the best in BFV by far. Just wish they wouldnt take this game so seriously and bring back the fun elements.
  • Noodlesocks
    3438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everything is just so unsatisfying to use. Feels like firing pea shooters.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TKing2 said:
    But we have to agree that the gunplay is the best in BFV by far.
    No, we don't have to agree on that. I can easily mag dump with most weapons over a big distance, just to big. It's way to easy compared to BF3/4.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was horrid... granted on os3 then PS4. Not sure if PC humans Xbox had a better time.

It was not fun at all for a while Year. Levolution, bad maps, technical issues. Just poor execution.

BFV has less content. But less issues. Still lots to complain about don’t get me wrong.
    But at its core there’s good there. BR mode has clearly drained time and resources from the main real game though which is sad.
    Drained time and resources?  Surely you jest?  Opportunity costs, what does that even mean?

You must be a hater!

Don't worry, many influencers and sheep will be here shortly to set you straight.
  • EXILE157
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just wish DICE would leave EA and start all over! Go back to their BF roots!
  • SirBobdk
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TKing2 said:
    But we have to agree that the gunplay is the best in BFV by far.
    No, we don't have to agree on that. I can easily mag dump with most weapons over a big distance, just to big. It's way to easy compared to BF3/4.
    The gunplay is awfull compared to BF3/4. Semi sniper simulator (3 x scope) with laser guns.
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    This is my first BF game. i avoided Battlefield for many years due to the pay-to-play mentelaty. the shier amount of dlc and microtransactions for the previous gamesalways seemed redicolous for me. i remember goint entering a store cause i decided that i wanted to play BF3. and there were map-packs and other extras galore on the shelf for BF3. so the full game was about 150€ and srsly jeff that.
    i baught BF5 cause they promised this was not about to happen here. but the game is a mess. cheaters everywhere, bugs on end, no communication with the community and bad decisions after bad decisions without any focus on important matters.
    i honestly cant unerstand why anyone would buy more than one of these games without beeing burned out for life.
    if you thought BF4 was trash and you still bought BF5, YOU are the problem.
    this will defenitely be my last BF game and i will not spend any money on it.
    and if they continue to go down the pay-real-money route with this game i will evetually stop playing it and go on to the next game.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is my first BF game. i avoided Battlefield for many years due to the pay-to-play mentelaty. the shier amount of dlc and microtransactions for the previous gamesalways seemed redicolous for me. i remember goint entering a store cause i decided that i wanted to play BF3. and there were map-packs and other extras galore on the shelf for BF3. so the full game was about 150€ and srsly **** that.
    i baught BF5 cause they promised this was not about to happen here. but the game is a mess. cheaters everywhere, bugs on end, no communication with the community and bad decisions after bad decisions without any focus on important matters.
    i honestly cant unerstand why anyone would buy more than one of these games without beeing burned out for life.
    if you thought BF4 was trash and you still bought BF5, YOU are the problem.
    this will defenitely be my last BF game and i will not spend any money on it.
    and if they continue to go down the pay-real-money route with this game i will evetually stop playing it and go on to the next game.
    I enjoyed all BF games up until Bf1 loads! It was my go to and I'd get thousands of hours fun out of them. I'm still enjoying bfv though it's a shadow of it's former self. Once something like borderlands 3 comes out, and if it's not a disaster like many games out at present, then I'm sure I'll head to that. But right now, there is nothing for me that can give so many hours playtime. 
  • Squad_Cohesion
    891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 kept me playing for far longer. Each gun (and vehicle) had more character to them, more challenge than BF5 will ever have.