Weekly Debrief

Banned permanently for winning firestorm?

mistervane9
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited April 5
So, my brother, who is statistically a below average Battlefield player, really got into Firestorm, and we played together as a squad. Pretty much every time we dropped in, we would get killed by the first person/squad we encountered, and once we lasted until the third squad left, mostly by avoiding contact, letting others fight it out, etc.
Well, he really loved the challenge of the game, so he actually was playing on his own (usually he only plays when I play), and two days ago he sent me a screen shot that he had actually WON Firestorm! He only had two kills, one at the beginning, and the last one. Which he said was pure luck, as he came up a hill to find his opponent with his back to him, so he had the jump on him. Pure luck.
And THIS is how EA and Fairfight rewarded him: They BANNED HIM PERMANENTLY from the multiplayer, because they determined the ONLY way he could possibly have EVER won was to cheat. WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH!!!!!!
He has NEVER cheated in Battlefield. There was ZERO evidence to convict him of this, he didn't get a warning, an inquiry, absolutely nothing but to BAN him PERMANENTLY because he beat the odds and actually won.
Nice going EA, DICE and Fairfight!!! You guys better fix this and fast.

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cool story.
  • mistervane9
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA's reply to my brother's appeal is that they did a "full investigation" and that they were correct in their assessment and the ban will not be lifted. WOW!!! This is beyond ridiculous. He can't talk to anyone, he can't find out what the reason is they considered (WITHOUT QUESTION) that he cheated (other than the fact that he WON a game of Firestorm, and Fairfight's "algorithm" has determined that it is statistically IMPOSSIBLE for him to win. There is no accounting for luck, determination, persistence, or being in the right place at the right time.
    This is the ONE game that he actually really liked in the Battlefield genre, the ONLY one that he would play on his own time. He really loved the challenge and, against all odds, he finally had a good game and won. And THIS is how EA rewards him. I'm SO outraged by this.

• pajsner
    65 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too bad your brother can't speak for himself, but the dog or goldfish can't do that either.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13285 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
  • mistervane9
    He did appeal. They claimed he cheated and that's that. They won't even specify what their information is. It's irrelevant that he did not and has never cheated at Battlefield. We just finished playing a couple of rounds of BF1, he went about 2 for 21 in K/D ratio in both games. And THAT (as far as can be determined) is the reason he was banned from BFV, because Fairfight says it's impossible for him to win Firestorm with those statistics, he MUST have cheated. (emphasis on ASSUMPTION). This is absolutely infuriating. 
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He did appeal. They claimed he cheated and that's that. They won't even specify what their information is. It's irrelevant that he did not and has never cheated at Battlefield. We just finished playing a couple of rounds of BF1, he went about 2 for 21 in K/D ratio in both games. And THAT (as far as can be determined) is the reason he was banned from BFV, because Fairfight says it's impossible for him to win Firestorm with those statistics, he MUST have cheated. (emphasis on ASSUMPTION). This is absolutely infuriating. 
    Hilarious, we have some guys who have played 7 rounds of firestorm, and WON 7 rounds of firestorm...And they are still playing.  Sent you a PM.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://imgur.com/k89SXtV

Check out the headshot to kill ratio for this guy in firestorm.  

Oh, and his win loss ratio too.
  • SirBobdk
    4124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    What's your brothers game name.
    How do you know it was because of one game. That doesn't sound likely.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh brother... Give me a break. :)
  • mistervane9
    His Origin name is Pitman33

EA won't specify what their reason is that "proved" he cheated. They say he broke their TOS, but he's been playing for a few years, since BF3. We've played 3, 4, BF1 and BFV, neither of us are very good. I'm slightly better than him because I play a lot. We mostly played Conquest, etc. But when Firestorm started, it was the one game he actually played on his own time, he usually only plays when I'm playing. He loved the challenge and even researched tips on finding the best weapons, etc. His tactic was a lot like mine, just go to the edge of the map, find some half decent guns, and stay out of the majority of the fighting and let the others kill themselves off. However, we usually die the moment we encounter another player. As I said, we're not very good. His winning game, he only had two kills. He won mostly by sheer luck. And it's the ONLY factor that EA appears to be using, the only reason they banned him. Because he won.
  • SirBobdk
    4124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Must admit it seems very strange based on his stats.
    Almost like they thing its impossible for him to win a firestorm match with those overall stats.
    Unfortunately, we cannot help

• LeesSummit09
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    deleted

Post edited by LeesSummit09 on
  • Muxje
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    SirBobdk said:
    Almost like they thing its impossible for him to win a firestorm match with those overall stats.

It would seem strange in any type of game except FS.  Hiding well easily gets you in the top 10.  A little luck gets you in the top 3.  If you manage to get the drop on the last remaining player, you just might win.  I am probably the worlds lousiest PUBG player, but I won a round once by luck, with 1 kill.  I didn't win at FS yet in 20 rounds or so, but I made it to last 3 twice without much luck or effort.

It's a bit like poker.  A rubbish player will still win a hand every now and then.  The good players will not beat him every time, but in the long run they will win more consistently.
  • mistervane9
    Muxje said:
    SirBobdk said:

It would seem strange in any type of game except FS.  Hiding well easily gets you in the top 10.  A little luck gets you in the top 3.  If you manage to get the drop on the last remaining player, you just might win.  I am probably the worlds lousiest PUBG player, but I won a round once by luck, with 1 kill.  I didn't win at FS yet in 20 rounds or so, but I made it to last 3 twice without much luck or effort.

It's a bit like poker.  A rubbish player will still win a hand every now and then.  The good players will not beat him every time, but in the long run they will win more consistently.
    This is exactly the point. He won mostly by hiding and by having luck on his side that he came up a hill to find his opponent with his back to him. That player may have reported my brother for cheating, just because he felt he should have won. And EA probably looked at the stats and agreed. There is no other possibility. There is no proof, because he's not a cheater. If he was a cheater, why did he only win that ONE game? He played about a dozen games that day, three with me. He didn't win a single one. Nor did I. I still have yet to win, but now I'm afraid to play and win because I will no doubt be seen as a cheater. My stats are marginally better than his. It's possible I could win, with a lot of luck, but I'll probably be banned for life for it.
  • SirBobdk
    I meant it was strange they banned him consider his stats, not that he won a game
  • mistervane9
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    I meant it was strange they banned him consider his stats, not that he won a game

If he was a cheater, I think he would have seriously better stats than he does. Who cheats to have such bad stats?! How does a player with his stats get banned permanently from the game?! I mean come on!! He didn’t even know “aimbot” was a real thing when I told him people cheated with it, he thought it was a joke I had made up.
  • SirBobdk
    SirBobdk wrote: »

If he was a cheater, I think he would have seriously better stats than he does. Who cheats to have such bad stats?! How does a player with his stats get banned permanently from the game?! I mean come on!! He didn’t even know “aimbot” was a real thing when I told him people cheated with it, he thought it was a joke I had made up.
    At the same time we see players with insane kd + hs % not being banned even with lots of reports.
    Dont get the system. 
  • Donidon
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are not you embarrassed? Nobody here believes the nonsense.
  • CaptHotah
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cool story bro
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13285 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @mistervane9

He doesn't need to be specifically "cheating" to get banned from the game.

He can also be banned for exploiting known issues and glitches in order to gain an advantage ( e.g  exploiting the geometry where a gap is present allowing users to go beneath the ground where they can shoot out but enemy fire cannot reach him )

I'm not saying this is the case,  But a ban like this is not issued just because he "won a game of firestorm"

Cheating is just one of a few things that can result in a permanent suspension of multiplayer.
This discussion has been closed.