Punishment for quitting mid-match?

124»

Comments

• Prep768
    3318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    Adulthood and parenthood is going to be a shock to the system for some of you.

Yeah you learn stats don’t matter, you learn to take the ups with the downs and you gotta teach your kids you can not always win every time and to not quit and to share and not be selfish...

I don't think that's what I'll be teaching my child. Are you thinking people quit because they don't want to lose?

I was thinking teaching kid things along the lines of morality, respect for people, honesty, responsibility before play, hard work, patience, etc...

Quiting games not on the list.

Golden rule for Prepjnr - if you don't enjoy it, don't do it (apart from school, sorry bud)

This does involve computer games, he did well in bf1, alas rocket league and fortnite have taken him but the rule still stands. He never quits either (another life lesson) but will always finish the round, as do I, unless the server is as unstable as my wife once a month.

Now. Those who quit to protect their stats? Very precious individuals indeed but I do know of a few that will not be mentioned here. Punish me because my son came home? Pah!

NO COMPUTER ALGORITHM IN THE WORLD COULD DIFFERENTIATE THE TWO

/thread
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It has nothing to do with your stats, it has to do with letting down the people on your team who are trying to win a game.

Sorry what now? How often do you get to play with teams, that really want to win? Yes some players do everything to win, but many many others are just selfish and playing for themselfes. So why again should I or anybody else bother about these players... Some ppl might be tired of helping potatoe players to get a win and later see those useless players write something like: "ez" "gg" or and more stupid nonsense ;)
  • rockin_master
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Garbage games attract garbage gamers. There was a time, not long ago, the the OP's complaint would have encountered a simple question. Are you playing on EA servers? A very simple question. A question asked more times than any other because it covered 90% of problems people had with their particular Battlefield version. Problems that could ONLY be solved by asking this simple question.

Are you playing on EA servers?

The Fight Club that had been born around 1942, BF2, and BC2 all understood the rules and were happy to explain them to anyone. Three simple, easy to remember rules:

1. Never play on EA servers
    2. Never play on EA servers
    3. Never play on EA servers

Not playing on a rented server even spawned it's own terminology that is used to this very day, "slumming". Garbage players acting and treating Battlefield like an FFA. Cheating, glitching, grieving -All welcomed, sanctioned and fostered by Official Dice Servers. The "slums".

EA closed the Fight Club with BF1. You see Fight Clubbers don't buy enough EA's garbage digital goods. Fight Clubbers create a bond and forge communities that last and last. That doesn't work out so well for EA. EA see's the Fight Club as the enemy. How are we going to release a Dice product every 12 months if our player base is still enthralled with our last release?

A $90 dollar disposable Battlefield with no warranty and it barely works. You're gonna cry because people leave your game. BFV is perfect for you. You are right where you belong. Please stay here.
  • edbreezy550
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kids these days have no heart, they quit as soon as they think they will lose the match. It is driving me insane. There have been matches that could have possibly been won if 3-5 babies didn't quit.

Maybe make any player who leaves a game when losing gets a loss registered against them?

For those that say- some people have a legitimate reason to leave, I say, oh well, that isn't very often and don't play if you have to cut and run early.
    Kids these days have no heart, they quit as soon as they think they will lose the match. It is driving me insane. There have been matches that could have possibly been won if 3-5 babies didn't quit.

Maybe make any player who leaves a game when losing gets a loss registered against them?

For those that say- some people have a legitimate reason to leave, I say, oh well, that isn't very often and don't play if you have to cut and run early.

• edbreezy550
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. It is just a game yeah, but one you want to enjoy with competitive play. Seems to me there should be some incentive to finish a match. Or at least some consequence for frequently quitting mid match. Everyone has to quit some time but battlefield tracks your gameplay. If you quit often, there should be some consequence. Nothing worse in a game designed around team play, when half the team quits. Imagine trying to score a touchdown if half your offensive line disappears.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, I will quit the game no matter the consequences if I see enemy team taking 4/5 flags and getting 100 point lead in first 3 minutes of the game. My time is expensive, and it's not worth spending it on a bunch of useless bots.
  • Redstripe101
    2520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol this game was developed for a more casual base, go pop in bf4 if you want ptfo match after match. but dont blame it on quitters, life happens and the option to quit was even developed into the game. this will not change
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol this game was developed for a more casual base, go pop in bf4 if you want ptfo match after match. but dont blame it on quitters, life happens and the option to quit was even developed into the game. this will not change

This lame argument does not address the issue: people quit because as you say "life happens" but gee, life seems to happen a lot more often when you're team is losing huh?  The point is, people are quitting because they perceive that their team is losing.  On a 32p map, you'll see 3-4 guys quit at soon as you lose the halfway point (or less).  That's not life happening, that's losers avoiding a challenge and leaving the other 12 players to a guaranteed **** time, plus 4 new players who get dropped into a match that has no change of fair play.

Its also lame to say this game is not competitive and designed for quitters.  It was designed with objectives and teamwork at its core.  Do the game designers not care that their core gameplay is completely ruined by such a fundamental issue as lose-quitting?

Institute a bigger reward for completing an entire match (kids seem to like CC, how about that?).  And institute graduating time-outs for repeat lose-quitting.  I'm sorry but just because 3-4 guys aren't having fun, they shouldn't put the rest of the server in an unfair unfun out of balance situation.  This behavior needs to be fixed through game design.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you quit, it does not protect your K/D, only your win%. So let's put that argument to bed.

How does this work in games like FIFA where real life may get in the way for a lot for people that lose the first goal.....?
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    If you quit, it does not protect your K/D, only your win%. So let's put that argument to bed.

How does this work in games like FIFA where real life may get in the way for a lot for people that lose the first goal.....?

They quit to prevent getting a lowered KD, not a W/L. No one cares about W/L. If you're getting bottled up then you're likely to suffer far more deaths than you'll get kills.

But that being said I was thinking about this the other day and I'm actually convinced it's from the lack of r rented servers more than anything else. (possibly stacked with team balance issues).

In previous BF games I'll go join the server I wanted. If I had a bad game at least there was the possibility of it being turned around next map with a team shuffle. But I was playing *on that server*.
    Sure I may server hop to my next favorite if I was having a real tough time but I went to that server to play with other people I've played with before. Less random randoms call it.

In BFV I'm thrown into a random, cloud server. Why do I give a toss if I'm getting trounced? Quit and rejoin another one. I haven't joined a server I want to play on regardless of how bad it is going currently. And with the poor system of putting you in games where people are quitting because they are losing it becomes a perpetual cycle.
  • KPNuts74
    431 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They quit to protect there precious kd ratio.
    Kd ratio is becoming more of a hindrance in this game now

Yep, there are those too, I think k/d should be removed as well.[/quote]

KD is a fundamental stat to any FPS. If you want to remove it, I can only assume your own KD shows your ability to win a gun fight is lacking.
  • MatthewSkeet
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    Reason for me quitting...
    1. Not your effing business
    2. Hamada, panzersorm
    3. Steamrolled on either side
    4. Dumb team (eg tank in the middle of cap zone and nobody does anything)
    5. Any other reason that would make me frustrated (campers, no teamplay etc not being revived despite 5 medics in 10m radius and no danger)
    Post edited by MatthewSkeet on
  • TFBisquit
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about those rounds one or two players go 30-0 within the first 5 minutes? Seen that a couple times now on PC.
    You spawn and get instakilled couple times in a row. Pull up the scoreboard and see this, realising it isn't even that fast killer that did you, but due to your team getting whiped out, you get surrounded by baddies asap.
    Punish you for leaving such a round? A great way to alienate your playerbase, and guarantee it a quick death.
    Or is it the intention of this game to force players to be target practice?
    Played many rounds were enemies went out of bounds all the time for that extra kill. The team pinned down to their spawn.
    Such rounds are uninspiring and a waste of time.
  • g0merpile
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 6

Reasons for Quitting

1 team stacking
    2 just playing like crap not contributing to the team
    3 unbalanced teams
    4 cheating
    5 went to the bathroom or some smoke/beer and got kicked
    6 worst team and squad in Olympic history
    7 sick and tired of being on the losing end of the game every game.
    8 started to play but the wife and kids came home
    9 Work phoned
    10 fed up with the same old boring maps
    11 joined the game with 10 tickets to 400 hundred
    The fix bring in team balancing and anti cheat system, score board in  server menu bring in more things to do, the mortar fire we currently have suck, every map should have a chopper,  mortar kit for all classes. 
  • OrionPherrit
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I happen to work the late shift, and when I come home after midnight, it can sometimes be a struggle to find a full server (that’s not OOR). I’ll quit if when I’m put in a match that is almost over at 15-400 or we are outnumbered 10-18 or similar numbers. It may be difficult to invent an algorithm that can perfect team balancing, but at a very minimum it should try to keep teams at the approximately the same size. You’d refuse to play a football game where you are outnumbered 2-1 or 3-1, would you not?

So please don’t punish me if I quit for those reasons. 🤨
  • Redstripe101
    2520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Redstripe101 said:

This lame argument does not address the issue: people quit because as you say "life happens" but gee, life seems to happen a lot more often when you're team is losing huh?  The point is, people are quitting because they perceive that their team is losing.  On a 32p map, you'll see 3-4 guys quit at soon as you lose the halfway point (or less).  That's not life happening, that's losers avoiding a challenge and leaving the other 12 players to a guaranteed **** time, plus 4 new players who get dropped into a match that has no change of fair play.
    Its also lame to say this game is not competitive and designed for quitters.  It was designed with objectives and teamwork at its core.  Do the game designers not care that their core gameplay is completely ruined by such a fundamental issue as lose-quitting?
    Institute a bigger reward for completing an entire match (kids seem to like CC, how about that?).  And institute graduating time-outs for repeat lose-quitting.  I'm sorry but just because 3-4 guys aren't having fun, they shouldn't put the rest of the server in an unfair unfun out of balance situation.  This behavior needs to be fixed through game design.

Tell me what I'm suppose to do in this situation

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ggf9Eyrs3PuPboiF

You didnt mention a SINGLE technical bug that causes this. How about unlocking something mid match and you CANNOT equip it until you back out.

Sorry to spoil your arguement, but maybe the game isnt that fun.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think DICE should bring back the "Quit rate" percentage to expose the people who leave early to try to save their stats...
  • von_Campenstein
    6475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I ALT+F4 as soon as I'm rushed and the servers won't let me move. Fix the game before dumping on the players.
  • Redstripe101
    scienceteacher74 said:

I think DICE should bring back the "Quit rate" percentage to expose the people who leave early to try to save their stats...

maybe a blackscreen counter too? because thats about how likely your idea is too.