Everything in this game for a quite while kills me in 10th of a second...

Comments

• Delta245
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unstable ping players (horrible latency and jitter along with packet loss)are worse than stable high ping players imo which isn’t saying much either, they are what is causing servers to become unstable and having the hit registration problems that I’m seeing currently. If you watch the score board which I do when something odd happens, just notice the players ping spiking up and down constantly and in large increments that’s the problem. Unfortunately I don’t know a solution because most those players are even showing low ping. So having ping capped rooms wouldn’t work. It just seems like it’s a mess.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple said:

xXHamatoYoshiXx wrote: »
    I really really doubt you died in a 10th of a second with how many rounds it takes to down someone...Can you please provide video evidence?

Well I'd spend more time uploading than playing if I was to do this. A ping of 17 sees me constantly being melted when there are high or unstable ping players on the server.

??? It takes like literally 5 minutes to record a gameclip, go to xboxdvr.com find the URL and copy and paste it here. I get that the netcode is terrible as I constantly die from bullet rounds behind a wall or a player that is running around but looks like they're standing still and you're hitting them and the bullets aren't registering whatsoever but it is definitely not a body hit with a bullet in any normal circumstances.. And for high ping players or players using anything aside from a broadband connection yes it sucks and it seems like the game puts their input in a higher priority where they should be the ones suffering running around as a free kill for basically anyone. But it's hard to combat someone who doesn't have an adequate internet connection even when writing code to compensate. Just whatever you do, blame it on network connections, and/or bugs and glitches, not bullet damage, because bullet damage is terrible and everything is far too weak.

i tried uploading a clip but says needs to be approved. it probably describes his experience as it does seem the game binds up the tries to account for everything missed in an instant, and to your own detriment. i can try to post to your wall, its a onedrive link
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple said:

I really really doubt you died in a 10th of a second with how many rounds it takes to down someone...Can you please provide video evidence?

Well I'd spend more time uploading than playing if I was to do this. A ping of 17 sees me constantly being melted when there are high or unstable ping players on the server.

??? It takes like literally 5 minutes to record a gameclip, go to xboxdvr.com find the URL and copy and paste it here. I get that the netcode is terrible as I constantly die from bullet rounds behind a wall or a player that is running around but looks like they're standing still and you're hitting them and the bullets aren't registering whatsoever but it is definitely not a body hit with a bullet in any normal circumstances.. And for high ping players or players using anything aside from a broadband connection yes it sucks and it seems like the game puts their input in a higher priority where they should be the ones suffering running around as a free kill for basically anyone. But it's hard to combat someone who doesn't have an adequate internet connection even when writing code to compensate. Just whatever you do, blame it on network connections, and/or bugs and glitches, not bullet damage, because bullet damage is terrible and everything is far too weak.

i tried uploading a clip but says needs to be approved. it probably describes his experience as it does seem the game binds up the tries to account for everything missed in an instant, and to your own detriment. i can try to post to your wall, its a onedrive link
    I'm not sure about uploading a clip but surely a link to the video should suffice. I really wish that DICE would just fix this damn game already and stop trying to promote other crap like BR. It sucks when a game that is so beautiful gets completely destroyed by the fact that the company that develops the game is completely money-hungry. 
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Redstripe101 said:

grrlpurple said:

I'm not sure about uploading a clip but surely a link to the video should suffice. I really wish that DICE would just fix this damn game already and stop trying to promote other crap like BR. It sucks when a game that is so beautiful gets completely destroyed by the fact that the company that develops the game is completely money-hungry. 

like i said, it wont upload in this post for some reason but i made a post when firestorm dropped. i have other clips similar and only exclusive to firestorm. also no indication of my connection having issues

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/184581/firestorm-lag-video#latest
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Redstripe101 said:
    Redstripe101 said:

grrlpurple said:

like i said, it wont upload in this post for some reason but i made a post when firestorm dropped. i have other clips similar and only exclusive to firestorm. also no indication of my connection having issues

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/184581/firestorm-lag-video#latest

Yep I saw the video and yeah that was absolute garbage that you died and was obvious lag with no lag indicator on your hud at all. It seemed like the player's input who's connection or perhaps even another person's connection that wasn't even in that little bout was so terrible that the lag spike made the server try to compensate by hindering you. I've experienced this a lot. And I myself have a 200+Mb/s connection speed with a $200 router with the new 108.11 AC standard.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 6
    It's absolutely frustrating to play lately. Near instadeath but feels like an eternity for everything but cqb shotgun kills. Something is awry. Almost as if I'm being punished for such low latency. Always 16ms when I matchup. Is the server having to do less interpolation in reporting my movement and positioning to other players? It all feels off. Was feeling all right two patches ago.
  • Redstripe101
    Redstripe101 said:

Redstripe101 said:

grrlpurple said:

Yep I saw the video and yeah that was absolute garbage that you died and was obvious lag with no lag indicator on your hud at all. It seemed like the player's input who's connection or perhaps even another person's connection that wasn't even in that little bout was so terrible that the lag spike made the server try to compensate by hindering you. I've experienced this a lot. And I myself have a 200+Mb/s connection speed with a $200 router with the new 108.11 AC standard.

I have similar clips to this, they only occur in Firestorm and when you should down/kill someone. Its almost as if the loot scatter binds at the point it releases from a player at other times.
  • Redstripe101

via onedrive

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ghY5boomLtXvd_-_
  • Redstripe101
    Does it resemble this? Almost like the game catches up to your detriment? I also to experience the load loop freeze and the 6GB patch was assumed to have fixed it.

(microsoft onedrive link)
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0ghY5boomLtXvd_-_
  • TFBisquit
    1357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7
    Suffice to say it was a problem when players got hit by multiple bullets, but server wasn't sending this to the client. The result was insta death.
    There are various reasons why this happened, but they couldn't fix this without creating new problems for other clients. So they bundled all bullets fired in one packet. That way you would know you are hit, and have a chance to react, or so it was meant to be.
    Unfortunately the one packet also behaves like a superbullet, delivering all hits in a tenth of a second. Still creating the infamous insta death.
    Then about smg's, they do not act like sniper rifle a, but they do insta kill you, due to that bullet packet.
    Smg killing you from far away has another reason, which is covered in that mega thread about so called top players. Besides the occasional lucky hit ofcourse.
  • ZombieEatingKid
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    @LOLGotYerTags Sorry, me again. Would you mind retrieving my post from the abyss? Also what's going on with this forum right now? Quotes are not working properly and I can't get images to work like they used to either (that's why my post decided it needed approval: was trying to fix an image).

Your in the sin bin. Lol.
  • ElliotLH
    7828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    @LOLGotYerTags Sorry, me again. Would you mind retrieving my post from the abyss? Also what's going on with this forum right now? Quotes are not working properly and I can't get images to work like they used to either (that's why my post decided it needed approval: was trying to fix an image).

Your in the sin bin. Lol.

Nah just the forum being buggy I think.
  • IDazzlerazzle
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Let me further iterate that in the event you did die in a tenth of a second that I am willing to bet that it was a head shot with a sniper, an accurate rifle grenade blast or rpg, or a shotgun at close range.

I think you shouldn't be betting because that would be a loss every single time 

1st video 

30fps dead in 4 frames, thats 8 frames ingame.... 100% damage in 8 frames 

https://streamable.com/biuwl

2nd video
    100% damage in 8 frames despite

https://streamable.com/9q9b3

I receive damage so fast game doesn't even have time to render hit indicator !!!!

https://i.imgur.com/LVGyDr9.jpg

50% health gone between 2 frames, game just starting to draw damage indicator and I'm already pretty much dead 

Semi autos on assault class melt me with 1 sometimes 2 bullets anywhere  

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    faponit wrote: »

xXHamatoYoshiXx said:
    Let me further iterate that in the event you did die in a tenth of a second that I am willing to bet that it was a head shot with a sniper, an accurate rifle grenade blast or rpg, or a shotgun at close range.

1st video 

2nd video

I receive damage so fast game doesn't even have time to render hit indicator !!!!

50% health gone between 2 frames, game just starting to draw damage indicator and I'm already pretty much dead 

To be honest firs one was defo hit from front and back.
    The second one looks dodgy af
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    faponit wrote: »

xXHamatoYoshiXx said:

1st video 

2nd video

In the first clip, you get hit three times. First by the Sten, then from behind, by a bolt-action or something, and then by the Sten again. In the second clip, you get hit twice in the head, by the Sturmgewehr 1-5, which is enough to kill you in that range.

The 1-5 fires at 670 rounds per minute, so assuming two bullets in a row hit you, there’s around 90 milliseconds between the two hits. I count four frames between the first and second hit, and @ 30 fps, that’s roughly 133 milliseconds.

This is literally working as intended, in these clips. It may be frustrating, but it’s the way it’s designed. One thing that might be considered “off”, is that you got hit twice in the head, while on the move. Lucky shots?
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe time for a new look at TTK ? Less recoil on medic's weapon for mid range capability ? Bringing back the 3D spot ? More horizontal recoil on dmr to prevent spamfire ? Less bullet velocity / more bullet drop off on semi-auto sniper ?  :*
  • NLBartmaN
    3054 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since I have changed my DNS servers on my PS4 I don't have a lot of TTD issues anymore.

Only when some OOR players with ping above 80ms join the server I am playing on I have 1 frame deaths when they shoot at me.

Too bad even Firestorm is not Region/unstable high ping locked.
  • ViolationofDerp
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    Ploodovic said:
    In the first clip, you get hit three times. First by the Sten, then from behind, by a bolt-action or something, and then by the Sten again. In the second clip, you get hit twice in the head, by the Sturmgewehr 1-5, which is enough to kill you in that range.

The 1-5 fires at 670 rounds per minute, so assuming two bullets in a row hit you, there’s around 90 milliseconds between the two hits. I count four frames between the first and second hit, and @ 30 fps, that’s roughly 133 milliseconds.

This is literally working as intended, in these clips. It may be frustrating, but it’s the way it’s designed. One thing that might be considered “off”, is that you got hit twice in the head, while on the move. Lucky shots?
    TTK in the second clip is a perfect example for the absurd firefights in this game right now, compared with the netcode and it sometimes just is incredible frustrating. Previous BF titles gave you the chance, to somehow react by firing back or getting into cover ( remember they extended TTK on BF4 with the netcode fix), for all the players that wanted more, there was Hardcore Mode. I think the majority of the player base would be very happy with extended TTK but some Youtubers and self-titled "pro gamer"  were ranting louder than anyone else, the game would be too "casual" (what a weird predicate for an AAA title).
  • NLBartmaN
    3054 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic said:

TTK in the second clip is a perfect example for the absurd firefights in this game right now, compared with the netcode and it sometimes just is incredible frustrating. Previous BF titles gave you the chance, to somehow react by firing back or getting into cover ( remember they extended TTK on BF4 with the netcode fix), for all the players that wanted more, there was Hardcore Mode. I think the majority of the player base would be very happy with extended TTK but some Youtubers and self-titled "pro gamer"  were ranting louder than anyone else, the game would be too "casual" (what a weird predicate for an AAA title).
    Firestorm is the proof that higher TTK makes the game so much more fun and less frustrating.

Having the time to somehow react by firing back or getting into cover is what makes a game fun, exciting and enjoyable.

Although even 500HP would not help when you don't add ping limits or remove any form of huge compensation/simulation for players with an unstable or ping above 80, those shots will stay 1 frame deaths.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Delta245 wrote: »
    Unstable ping players (horrible latency and jitter along with packet loss)are worse than stable high ping players imo which isn’t saying much either, they are what is causing servers to become unstable and having the hit registration problems that I’m seeing currently. If you watch the score board which I do when something odd happens, just notice the players ping spiking up and down constantly and in large increments that’s the problem. Unfortunately I don’t know a solution because most those players are even showing low ping. So having ping capped rooms wouldn’t work. It just seems like it’s a mess.

You are dead wrong. I have a constant ping of 60-70 and constantly have their stupid connection icons popping up. I try never matters if everyone is low ping or if half the server is over 100. It isn't us it's their rubbish AWS server architecture