How often do you play BF5 and will you continue too play and support DICE?

Comments

• SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Playing almost every day, sometime except Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday when I get tired AF and just go to bed after work. 354 Game hours so far.
  • Trokey66
    8987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Play an hour or two most nights, more at weekends. Occasionally dabble with Firestorm too.

The game does have its issues undoubtedly but there is little else out there that grabs me.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm consistently having fun in frontlines and will keep playing.  What's not fun is feeling any pressure to do ToW silliness (ie, x damage from smgs, x damage from shotguns).  I hate that crap and wish I had the willpower to ignore it.  And I know other players are in the same boat, degrading the quality of the game.  But despite some serious design flaws its STILL a fun game.  If they fixed the nonsense this game would be epic.
  • m4derr
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't understand you guys. Most of you seems to prefer BF1 compared to BFV... Are you kidding ? Do you remember BF1's launch ? Sure there were less bugs but still guys, do you remember the maps ?

At launch, BFV had 7 really good maps (Hamada is crap). Now we have panzerstorm which is crap aswell, i think devs should rework it adding tranch as in Nivelle. But they added a great BR, even if it's not what the community has asked for, it's a great BR, better than PUBG to my mind. Now we are waiting for the greece/provence maps and then we will get pacific maps...

BF1 had Argonne, Amiens, St Quentin. That's all for the good maps. Empire's Edge and Grappa were average at best. We had to wait for 5 months for the first DLC to get 4 new great maps (all 4 were awesome) and then they added Tahure and Nivelle; again 2 great maps.

BF1 had the same kind of average launch and today everybody is licking its ¯\_(ツ)_/¯... BFV is better in almost every way, gun play is better, maps are better, breakthrough is better than any other mode, you have a BR to change your experience and new maps are coming soon. Let's give the developpers a chance to bring new great content.

I'm not the kind of player that like to lick devs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but i have never been desappointed by DICE, not even on the 2015 Battlefront, i had a blast with it.

Even BFH was great, with great maps and a great new original mode. Just the players didn't like the change because they were not in their comfort zone anymore.

So guys, give me one funnier FPS game that is active atm ? Ye, none.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    553 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    m4derr said:
    I don't understand you guys. Most of you seems to prefer BF1 compared to BFV... Are you kidding ? Do you remember BF1's launch ? Sure there were less bugs but still guys, do you remember the maps ?

At launch, BFV had 7 really good maps (Hamada is crap). Now we have panzerstorm which is crap aswell, i think devs should rework it adding tranch as in Nivelle. But they added a great BR, even if it's not what the community has asked for, it's a great BR, better than PUBG to my mind. Now we are waiting for the greece/provence maps and then we will get pacific maps...

BF1 had Argonne, Amiens, St Quentin. That's all for the good maps. Empire's Edge and Grappa were average at best. We had to wait for 5 months for the first DLC to get 4 new great maps (all 4 were awesome) and then they added Tahure and Nivelle; again 2 great maps.

BF1 had the same kind of average launch and today everybody is licking its ****... BFV is better in almost every way, gun play is better, maps are better, breakthrough is better than any other mode, you have a BR to change your experience and new maps are coming soon. Let's give the developpers a chance to bring new great content.

I'm not the kind of player that like to lick devs **** but i have never been desappointed by DICE, not even on the 2015 Battlefront, i had a blast with it.

Even BFH was great, with great maps and a great new original mode. Just the players didn't like the change because they were not in their comfort zone anymore.

So guys, give me one funnier FPS game that is active atm ? Ye, none.
    Easy BF4... I see about 10k online on PC right now, not bad for a 6 year old game which is EOL for years now.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I only complete the weeky tides of war assignments to get the reward at the end of the week and that’s all.
    Last time I played every single day just for fun was with Battlefield 1. I just loved the epic operations games in that game. Battlefield lacks any of those moments and atmospehere.
    Battlefield V is my last Battlefield game. I actually hope the series will be cancelled like Medal of Honor, Need for Speed, Sim City, Command and Conquer and I guess the same applies to Mass Effect as well. EA is the master of killing great game franchises.
    I'm still hoping that DICE can pull through ... but looking at those names ... god damn, it sucks, doesn't it?

Even after all of these years, I'm still sad that EA slowly butchered the NFS franchise, alongside shuttering the Burnout franchise as well.

A lot of the franchises of my childhood are gone ... Burnout, NFS, WipEout, Midnight Club ... I hope that Battlefield isn't next. 

If DICE LA can fix the travesty that was BF4 at launch, they can fix BFV, right? 

Right?
    Community: Give us a Need for Speed game like Underground and Underground 2 with some nice tuning options.
    EA: Here you go... Need for Speed Rivals
    Community: What on earth is this? Try again.
    EA: OK this time NFS Payback!
    Community: Yeah this game is total trash with the worst graphics and gameplay ever...
    EA: Sorry guys, NFS is dead.
    -
    This is some next level stupidity. They could've copy-pasted Underground with a new engine and a decent amount of new content but instead they did the total opposite of what the players wanted. Typical EA move...
    All EA had to do was to use the default physics in the Frostbite engine. That's right ... the default physics were actually decent enough, and were grip-based, just like the older NFS games.

If NFS 2016 had the default Frostbite physics, or better yet, good grip-based physics with an autodrift/brake-to-drift physics option as an alternative for the handful of people who like that sort of nonsense, I would have easily forgiven the game's other flaws. I would have forgiven the rubber banding, at least to some extent. I would have forgiven the lack of customisation for a lot of the high-end cars. I would have forgiven the cringe-tastic story. I would have forgiven the always-online requirement. NFS 2016 had the potential to be a great game, and yet, it ended up being the most disappointing game I have ever played ... it was as disappointing as Project CARS. Even BFV wasn't as disappointing as NFS 2016.

F8RGE confirmed that NFS 2019 is going to have the same autodrift nonsense, so I've already decided against buying it. I've been playing Forza Horizon 4 to satisfy my racing game urges, but even that game has been screwing up lately.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played almost daily until about 3 days ago. I reinstalled BF1 and am having WAY more fun in that. Dear God did I just admit that????

I'll doubly admit I'm just as bad as always and because every local server is dead I'm OORing but hey someone gotta Medic and mortar spam.

I will not buy the next BF game on release, but then I Black Friday'd BFV.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    uninstalled

back on bf1 where i can actually see people and dont have to play at a snail’s pace unless im defending on operations. even then its not as slow as bfv. im loving it.
    Yes. Visibility and slow game pace makes for a terrible shooter. This is why I have disabled things like film grain and am desperately hoping for a hardcore mode where I'm not pumping full clips with burst shots to compensate for recoil only for the next player to come and get that easy revenge kill on me because weapon switching and the fact that everything is so weak that I can only tickle that player at best. This isn't true for all scenarios but definitely true for this. God I miss the days where I could go 32k and 0d and was often able to pull the entire team to victory....
    Ecde5495 3a8b 4e4e bd1f eea922658a55
    559bbd11 de9b 4bcf 8dbd 95e9940ce54f
    Screenshot original

Ahh yes those were the days...I miss you Battlefield of future's past....
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy BFV & play it nearly every day. As with past BFs, I'll continue to play it until I've had enough or another game draws my time & attention (or if real life throws some curveballs that put gaming back on the low priority list).
  • KPNuts74
    685 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Godmodegta wrote: »
    This thread, I wanted too know, is anyone still playing BFV or do you find your self login less often, or have you gotten completed bored and stop playing the game.For me, I honestly might be bit don with battlefield 5, I rather feel I should just come back too this game in another year,
    P.s if Dev reading this, I love battlefield, I have lot respect for the game, and the developer who work hard, also think Fan's and Youtuber's who continue support your game even at it worse deserve medal, hope everyone has  a good day.

This is my fave FPS to date so I play on average around 3 hours a day.
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I play about 4 times a week now. Everyday when it first came out. I will continue to support Battlefield. Unless EA makes it less attractive. I really hope, that it doesn't go the way of the Tasmanian Devil Dog. BFV has so much potential. It can be talked about for ages to come. Even Michael Jordan first had to learn to walk before he became legendary. This is why I still play, to witness greatness. Until then, I'm sticking to my guns.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My support came in the form of two full priced BFV downloads for me and a dear friend. Regardless of how things are, or might be down the line, I'm happy to pay for the fun I've had in all BF games. 

That said, it's sad to see the same bugs still present since release, while they launch stuff like BR, and real money tosh. 
  • SirBobdk
    5237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't play for the last 3 days. Took me only 2 maps to exit again 2n8.
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I typically play every day but I suspect I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. I have a history of supporting games with voluntary mtx purchases, but until they address some of the major issues such as team balancing I won't pay a single cent more for the game.
  • DABAN-88
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got bored, never that happened to me so fast in bf games before, i like the new Grand OP on panzer storm but they removed it. now you can hardly find one and it rotates back to all the other OP, i also hated that on BF1 when they made OP to rotate through all the maps. BR is not my thing i give it a try couldn't win any games, but my first game ended up second, that's about it. So i think that is it for me, i still have a little hope next BF game would be a good one, for me bf3 was the last great one.
    Ps: vehicles and planes were great in BF1 in this game they are boring.
  • Vasilij444
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's boring for me. I played firestorm for a few rounds, and this mode is boring for me, and the rest of the game also because there are not more maps. Before Firestorm I played it almost every day, but since 1 week, 10 days i don't have a desire to play. Could be the best WWII-Shooter of all times, but there should be much more content, more maps, more nations, more weapons, etc., etc.