Massive and random FPS drops

Noodlesocks
2647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
BF5 got me wanting to play Battlefield again so I reinstalled BF1 but I'm getting a weird FPS drop that seems to occur randomly. Like the game is buttery smooth one moment then suddenly the frames drop for a few seconds. What's weird is that it's not just the FPS going low it also seems like my player character is moving slower then everyone else. Nothing has changed in my system since the last time I played the game.

This is what it looks like when it happens:

Comments

• SuperchargedDick
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, but did you find a fix?
  • Noodlesocks
    2647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @SuperchargedDick

I did, yeah. Well, more of a work around really. I created a thread about it: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/144379/how-i-fixed-my-fps-drops-on-amd-fx8350-results-may-vary#latest

That video above was with almost everything on low. Now I'm playing with everything on Ultra and this is the difference I've seen:
  • SuperchargedDick
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You are a God amongst men, bro. It helped a lot, constant 75 fps now.
  • Noodlesocks
    I am happy it has helped someone :)
  • Roylack
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This works for Battlefield 5 too and I seriously owe you everything.. I've been looking for fixes for the stuttering since the launch of BF5 and I haven't found anything. I went through an entire match without a single frame drop and I'm seriously so amazed right now THANK you so much for this fix!!!
  • Titan_Awaken
    611 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Roylack said:
    This works for Battlefield 5 too and I seriously owe you everything.. I've been looking for fixes for the stuttering since the launch of BF5 and I haven't found anything. I went through an entire match without a single frame drop and I'm seriously so amazed right now THANK you so much for this fix!!!
    Just give the OP an upvote, no need to necro a practically 1 year old thread.