Weekly BF

BFC= BF jumped on the "buy-for-real-money-in-game" train. I lost all respect for BF. Shame on you

bigdaddygonutz
200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited April 4
I have totally lost all respect for this game and salute-you-not for making yet another of your epic wrong decisions that ruin the game and takes it even further away from an enjoyable gaming experience.

Shame on you!

PS:

When the BF franchaise falls flat on its face because your scared your fan base away while trying to "shape-shift" BF into something that it will never be with "micro transactions" and "Battlefield Royal" in order for BF to compete with games that it will never be able to compete with........... I for one will just laugh at your failure.

Kind regards

A "BF-Veteran" all they way back from BF 1942
(....which basically means that you treat me as nothing but a joke with a wallet).

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7294 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    cosmetics that you dont need to buy or wear
    a game mode that you dont need to play....
  • DaChileanSeabass
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its bound to happen. What do u expect from EA?
  • STOPchris
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, EA has REALLY went downhill lately, as if they weren't down the hill far enough already. After the Battlefront 2 fiasco that cost them A LOT of sales, you would have thought they would have learned... But, here we are again. Yeah, it is only cosmetics, FOR NOW. My understanding is that this is going to change. 
  • Mhill2029
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    Micro transactions are the norm these days, to be honest it's something I would have expected sooner. Although like in another post I made, they have to sort the cheating problem out. Nobody's going to spend a dime if there isn't consequences for cheating.

As for the store, i would have expected better premium items. There isn't a great deal to buy anyway....and most of it can be bought with ingame currency that you earn for free anyway. *scratches head*

At the end of the day it's not compulsory to spend money on cosmetic items, so why the hell are you all complaining about it? *scratches head again*
    Post edited by Mhill2029 on
  • Cannon-dale10
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    but when this takes away from developing actual game content, like more maps, which we desperately need. I think that is his point. Also be nice to be able to play Rush or Squad conquest, at any time. I liked CTF on BF 3 also.  I just feel like this BF V has been a disappointment overall. I still play now, but without real content then maybe I will have to go back to BF 4 or 1.  
  • TFBisquit
    1655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spending $5 on one outfit, or special camo for a weapon?
    I don’t blame EA for looking into other ways in generating money, or income. But I have little respect for people actually buying into this nonsense. If I look at the prices they ask for battle coins packages I sincerely question the sanity of those actually buying that. For that money you get a full game.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thank God you cant buy better weapons and armor....yet as it would go pay-to-win direction 
  • bigdaddygonutz
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    deleted
  • bigdaddygonutz
    edited April 5
    You are missing the point:

all those resouces thats put into developing and running all the "bling-bling" and all the useless stuff thats introduced in BF 5 could have been used on developing the "core product" and fighting cheaters.

But I also know that my arguments are never going to be acknowledged because todays business scene is all about making money in a product-life cycle to please the stock holders and not about making a great product.

PS:
    The only game I can think of right now that i respect for great game play and "focus on the core game" is Insurgency Sandstorm - and I just wish BF would take that approach (But thats just my opinion because I´ll rather have less that works great than more that never really works)

PPS:

Amen

He says it all in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj-Yq4baREw
  • Sw1ts
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    another great review from a well known player.
  • NN_Buzz12
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blah, I don't blame EA for trying to make a buck.  I do blame them for releasing a game that was way under developed.  We need servers to get away from the Pay to Cheat players.

I would have waited another year if it meant BF5 was released polished and protected.
  • RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its time and effort that could have be spent on other better things though, we have moved further and further away from a battlefield experience with each game.

Is all subjective though so there is no point in moaning just play something else instead like I do.
  • Silverbacky
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No loot box RNG and no pay to win golden guns or golden bullets. I can't really see what your problem is OP. 
  • Crashpilot1001
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will buy a Baywatch Queen in the red Swimsuit with big boobs, so I get revived every time.... but hey, why can't I buy that?
  • EXILE157
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you being a sarcastic towards OP or Agreeing with OP?...
  • StarscreamUK
    7294 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Not sarcasm nor agreeing, I'm point out that you DONT need to buy those items nor do you HAVE to play the game mode, so why is it an issue?
  • -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In BF6 they are going to start us out with knives, and let us buy the rest.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thats exactly whats gonna happen, RIP Battlefield
  • StarscreamUK
    jog0ff said:
    thats exactly whats gonna happen, RIP Battlefield
    and how many weapons do you have to buy in BFV? zero.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get any of this. As someone that jumped on the pre-order of BFV for $79.99 as soon as it became available I have to agree. I think it's disingenuous to say it was "clear" from the beginning where BFV  was going. I'm not playing much lately and it's simply the bored factor and really doesn't have anything to do with the cosmetics selling. BFV, I think based on playing yesterday, has brought a younger player to the game with this model, best of luck to them and EA. Maybe some bright young folks that got laid off at DICE will come around with a better mouse trap. Or I can wait and see what BF6 brings in another year or so.
    Anyway, I would say they've jumped the shark rather than jumped on the money train, EA has always and will always be on that train.