Help with getting any scout gun gold

TuxedoBanana279
345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So, I'm trying to get at least one gun gold for each class so my company can look cool. in the main menu. I golded the stg for assault, the zk-383 for medic, and the lewis lmg for support. Now, all I have to do is gold any gun for the scout class. I got one sniper rifle almost completely gold, but the last challenge is to get head shots in the objective area. For me, (and for probably everyone else) head shots in a semi-close quarters environment is extremely difficult. So, I was like: "screw that man" and tried out the semi automatic rifles. Those were pretty hard too. So in conclusion, I have three questions for the forums: 1. "How would I go about getting 10 head shot kills in one life or 20 in a round in the objective area?"  2. "What would be the best and easiest self loading rifle to use?"  3. "Are the challenges the same for every sniper rifle, or can I gold one without having to get the head shots in  the objective area?" Thanks!

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    2662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is probably the best for it since there is only one objective area at a time and everyone will be there. It's not clear if they have to be in the objective area or just you.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is probably the best for it since there is only one objective area at a time and everyone will be there. It's not clear if they have to be in the objective area or just you.
    Only they have to be in the objective area for Recon stuff. Personally I didn't actually find Frontline that good though for it because you basically have to go for the in a life objective rather than in a round since unless you get a really great round I don't think I've ever achieved 20 In a single round (closest is probably like 19 With either Krag or Kar).
    Instead I've done all but my Model 8 On Devastation CQ Just camping German spawn. I even did my 1906 One while British, having made it to the other side and just running around right on the edge of the spawn watching A. The Model 8 I did by the 60-100 Kills or whatever thing, which felt like it took absolutely forever.

To directly answer the OP Myself (responses in bold:
    1. "How would I go about getting 10 head shot kills in one life or 20 in a round in the objective area?" - you don't have to be in the objective area so I just camp outside A on Devastation and hope for a round where A Is frequently contested. I go for the in a life objective since it's just far easier to achieve compared to 20 In a round. I could see something like Breakthrough being good sometimes too if the Defenders hold, but I haven't actually tried going for Gold in any of them.
    2. "What would be the best and easiest self loading rifle to use?" - they're all pretty similar frankly. I would not recommend going for Gold on an SLR Though, it's much more annoying because none of them kill in one headshot like the snipers. My favourite is the 1906 Just for it's looks.
    3. "Are the challenges the same for every sniper rifle, or can I gold one without having to get the head shots in  the objective area?" - yes, all objectives are the same except for the ZH-29 (SLR Anyway) which has an assignment different from the rest IIRC. The only other difference is that most guns have 5 Parts while I believe Lee-Enfield has 6 or 7.
  • Noodlesocks
    2662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only they have to be in the objective area for Recon stuff. Personally I didn't actually find Frontline that good though for it because you basically have to go for the in a life objective rather than in a round since unless you get a really great round I don't think I've ever achieved 20 In a single round (closest is probably like 19 With either Krag or Kar).
    Instead I've done all but my Model 8 On Devastation CQ Just camping German spawn. I even did my 1906 One while British, having made it to the other side and just running around right on the edge of the spawn watching A. The Model 8 I did by the 60-100 Kills or whatever thing, which felt like it took absolutely forever.

To directly answer the OP Myself (responses in bold:
    1. "How would I go about getting 10 head shot kills in one life or 20 in a round in the objective area?" - you don't have to be in the objective area so I just camp outside A on Devastation and hope for a round where A Is frequently contested. I go for the in a life objective since it's just far easier to achieve compared to 20 In a round. I could see something like Breakthrough being good sometimes too if the Defenders hold, but I haven't actually tried going for Gold in any of them.
    2. "What would be the best and easiest self loading rifle to use?" - they're all pretty similar frankly. I would not recommend going for Gold on an SLR Though, it's much more annoying because none of them kill in one headshot like the snipers. My favourite is the 1906 Just for it's looks.
    3. "Are the challenges the same for every sniper rifle, or can I gold one without having to get the head shots in  the objective area?" - yes, all objectives are the same except for the ZH-29 (SLR Anyway) which has an assignment different from the rest IIRC. The only other difference is that most guns have 5 Parts while I believe Lee-Enfield has 6 or 7.
    It helps if the teams are even and it's not just a one-sided stomp. Krag and K98 are pretty good with bipod for this since it lets you hipfire with accuracy. Enfield is decent too with the bolt speed upgrade.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It helps if the teams are even and it's not just a one-sided stomp. Krag and K98 are pretty good with bipod for this since it lets you hipfire with accuracy. Enfield is decent too with the bolt speed upgrade.
    Honestly I feel like most games I join are one-sided stomps so. Didn't bother with the bipod at all personally, I'm not in the interesting of sitting still anywhere long enough to make use of it (hence why, **** those prone assignments and thank God for Combined Arms so I can do those there and not in actual MP). Don't think anything personally could make me like the Enfield. :p
  • Prep768
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Attacking in GOP's either Narvik (Fjell) or Hamada (aerodrome) worked for me
  • GP-Caliber
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    use the krag. play breakthrough attacking on aerodome. once you get to the hangar almost every headshot counts because the objective area is so big.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Get a friend to join the same server as you, hope they're on the enemy team and get them to put a spawn beacon down in an objective area and do it that way
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    LankRich said:
    Get a friend to join the same server as you, hope they're on the enemy team and get them to put a spawn beacon down in an objective area and do it that way
    In my limited experience with playing with a friend it always put them in my squad. Even if my team was full and the enemy had spots, it would force him to wait until a spot opened on my team to put him there. Mind you he was joining through me rather than just finding the server and joining that, which I assume would work the way you suggest.
  • Hawxxeye
    5212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    In my limited experience with playing with a friend it always put them in my squad. Even if my team was full and the enemy had spots, it would force him to wait until a spot opened on my team to put him there. Mind you he was joining through me rather than just finding the server and joining that, which I assume would work the way you suggest.

It works if he joins with server id. That is how I did the video on glints
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Basically, you've got to be either very good at sniping, or lucky, or more often than not a combination of both. Breakthrough could work if you're attacking and your team doesn't push much, or Conquest because there are generally lots of sniping opportunities. 
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    When you're in a game, go to the server info and find the server number. Then get them to search for that number from the multiplayer menu- its very hit or miss though! 
  • LankRich
    LankRich said:
    Also some of the challenges can be completed in Combined Arms which always helps!
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:
    Also some of the challenges can be completed in Combined Arms which always helps!
    Oh I'm well aware on that. I use it to skip the Prone missions for snipers, because **** that noise.
  • firechickenfan
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7
    LankRich wrote: »

That would be called boosting, which is a bannable offense if caught.
  • Hawxxeye
    5212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yes it is good to keep that in mind and decide if you think it is worth the trouble.
    However having a friend heal and revive you instead  is legit
  • LankRich

Gotta keep an eye out for the snakes out there. But yeah you can get banned, so just don't make it blindingly obvious if you're going to try it
  • ElliotLH
    7829 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I found that defending in Breakthrough on Devastation is quite good for this. I did the Proficiency for the Kar98 the other day by camping the room to the left of A and headshotting enemies trying to take it - you can also walk around the corner and see a bit of B flag.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    ElliotLH said:
    I found that defending in Breakthrough on Devastation is quite good for this. I did the Proficiency for the Kar98 the other day by camping the room to the left of A and headshotting enemies trying to take it - you can also walk around the corner and see a bit of B flag.
    Tbh, the Proficiency and Mastery are two completely different beasts. :p
  • Hawxxeye
    ElliotLH said:
      Yeah I see your signature
  • ElliotLH
    7829 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

Some for sure, I'd agree entirely, but others seem more equal to me. I might try the mastery tomorrow with the same tactic and see what happens. I refuse to touch the SAR and SLR ones at any rate, regardless of tactics as those are horrible.