Are the forums completely broken by the approval thing since the update?

Hawxxeye
5179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Ever since that "upgrade" to the forums that changed the writing format for the posts a few days ago, more and more of my posts seem to be eaten and never come back by the post eating monster.
Before it would be just if one edited 3 times in a row but now even posting a link seems to warrant the approval process. Is there anyone who is in change of the workings of the forums who can look into this?
It is a really annoying situation that only serves to make less people use these forums

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    7251 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The changes are implemented by vanillaforums.

Cant say I like them tbh
  • Hawxxeye
    5179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8

Cant say I like them tbh

It probably increases the workload of anyone who is to be approving posts by a metric ton.
    Are the mods able to communicate the problem to those in charge of these things?
    Or did they chose the Open source option instead of the Business option so they get no customer support by the Vanillaforums?
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

Cant say I like them tbh

It probably increases the workload of anyone who is to be approving posts by a metric ton.
    Are the mods able to communicate the problem to those in charge of these things?
    Or did they chose the Open source option instead of the Business option so they get no customer support by the Vanillaforums?
    Nobody knows how to quote now and just trying it here I can see why.
  • Prep768
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't like the changes either - tried getting in touch with Vanilla, got a bot, gave up 
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Don't think that text editor changes affected the spam filter, it was always picky towards links and edits. Drop a PM to myself or one of the mods in case you're waiting for far to long.

We've implemented the changes to be able to push more content to the forums as there are a lot more formatting options with this text editor.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited April 8
    Don't think that text editor changes affected the spam filter, it was always picky towards links and edits. Drop a PM to myself or one of the mods in case you're waiting for far to long.

We've implemented the changes to be able to push more content to the forums as there are a lot more formatting options with this text editor.

Ok I will start PMing mods again for approvals.

By the way , speaking of formating options, I think we will need a place in the forum where we can see all the formating options we can use
    The new HTML view is weird and we still cannot  use the line  break so I use periods for line breaking

• EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @Hawxxeye Just put <*br> without the asterisk for line break. You don't really need the html view to input all the commands and all you need for basic formatting is just a list of tags, there are plenty of them: https://html.com/tags/br/. I'll check if we have a comprehensive list, but I'm pretty sure it's just basic html stuff.
  • Hawxxeye
    Thanks for that, I will read it up.