Banned permanently for winning firestorm?

2»

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably should put this on reddit.  More devs read that than they do anything here.
  • mistervane9
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @mistervane9

He doesn't need to be specifically "cheating" to get banned from the game.

He can also be banned for exploiting known issues and glitches in order to gain an advantage ( e.g  exploiting the geometry where a gap is present allowing users to go beneath the ground where they can shoot out but enemy fire cannot reach him )

I'm not saying this is the case,  But a ban like this is not issued just because he "won a game of firestorm"

Cheating is just one of a few things that can result in a permanent suspension of multiplayer.
    The thing is they won't tell him why he was banned. He's completely in the dark, and he didn't do anything wrong. This kind of treatment is so unfair to someone who has been a long time supporter of EA games, has played and bought hundreds of games over decades, and has never cheated or broken any rules. He has no idea why he was banned. He played about a dozen Firestorm games that day, lost every one, except one. The next day, he was banned permanently with no explanation. It sucks for me as well, because we played together, and now I can't play with him. It seriously makes me want to get my money back for BFV and close my Origin account. This kind of thing shouldn't happen. They are WRONG and yet they won't admit it or change their decision.
  • SirBobdk
    4015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not right to ban without an explanation imo but it dont supprise me since the system has proven broken.
  • mistervane9
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Its not right to ban without an explanation imo but it dont supprise me since the system has proven broken.
    It's clearly broken when something like this happens.
  • SirBobdk
    4015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    It's clearly broken when something like this happens.
    The system is broken because it allows obvious cheaters to play even after videos and reports, but in your brothers case it seems strange when looking at his stats.
  • mistervane9
    Probably should put this on reddit.  More devs read that than they do anything here.
    I tried your suggestion and all I got was hate comments calling me a liar and that my brother is really me, etc. etc. Oh boy, that was sure fun! Zero help from that community.
  • SirBobdk
    I tried your suggestion and all I got was hate comments calling me a liar and that my brother is really me, etc. etc. Oh boy, that was sure fun! Zero help from that community.
    You can't blame them. Most are tired of cheaters and EA / Dice inability to do anything about it. We do not know why your brother was banned, but only based on his stats it seems wrong.
  • Trokey66
    8256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen numerous post about people getting banned with no explanation and that the player is oblivious.

It seems really bizarre that a player can be banned without such an explanation as the 'cheat' may have been done unintentionally or, in the case of PC, as a result of unrelated software being detected.
  • SirBobdk
    Trokey66 said:
    I've seen numerous post about people getting banned with no explanation and that the player is oblivious.

It seems really bizarre that a player can be banned without such an explanation as the 'cheat' may have been done unintentionally or, in the case of PC, as a result of unrelated software being detected.
    Agree, I have seen the same and that is worrying.
    As much as I would like to have cheaters baned, I also do not want to have the innocence banned, and something suggests that there is an error in the system.
    I have seen several who have been banned with stats which are really bad and where it looks strange and don't make any sence.
    And they get no explanation, which is also unsatisfactory.
    On the other hand I see obvious chearters who don't get banned. Something is wrong with the system.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://imgur.com/k89SXtV

Check out the headshot to kill ratio for this guy in firestorm.  

Oh, and his win loss ratio too.

Lmao so this cheater is coming here crying foul and pretending it's his brother?

He must think people are that stupid to buy this crap.
    No, that was not what I was trying to say.

I was trying to say, "this guys's stats definitely look suspicious, but he didn't get banned."
  • g0merpile
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fair fight never perm bans on first offence. I have been banned like 100 times with fairfight for being a good tanker. N ever anylonger then 1 hour
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12841 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    g0merpile said:
    Fair fight never perm bans on first offence. I have been banned like 100 times with fairfight for being a good tanker. N ever anylonger then 1 hour
    Nope,  They changed it up in BFV.

First ban by FF is now a perma.
  • MrBluePlaydoh
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    But yet this guy is still playing clearly cheated [Removed link containing player username] ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • EA_Rtas
    379 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    As stated earlier in the thread the forum isn't the place to appeal a ban. If you think you've been banned incorrectly you can appeal by following the instructions here :  https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

I'm closing this thread off as the forums isn't the place to discuss your ban, as well this thread has turned into naming and shaming which you should all know by now is against the rules.
This discussion has been closed.