Artillery barrage

MatthewSkeet
335 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's too damn loud, to the point I need to reduce volume of my headphones. This results in me not hearing anything else (which is already bad as it is).
In fact it feels like It's louder than stuka or all the other bombardment.
Not to mention it's completely useless and all it does is creating chaos that is of no benefit t either of the team if thrown in capture zone.

Comments

• Trokey66
    8066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    Well there goes the 'immersion' then!

Mind, if Trump can invent clean coal, perhaps he can work on quiet explosives for you.
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • MrCamp121
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's too damn loud, to the point I need to reduce volume of my headphones. This results in me not hearing anything else (which is already bad as it is).
    In fact it feels like It's louder than stuka or all the other bombardment.
    Not to mention it's completely useless and all it does is creating chaos that is of no benefit t either of the team if thrown in capture zone.

Its just plain annoying. Ive stood right in the middle of an enemy one and taken no damage lol All that noise and camera shake for...? Easy to avoid too when flares give away exactly where its landing
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags Hey dude, sorry to trouble you (or whichever mod picks this up) but the forum monster has eaten a couple of my comments today. It's fair enough munching my poor attempts at humour and contrary opinions. I'd have eaten them too if I were a forum monster.
  • mrtwotimes
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't they screw silencers on those cannons?
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Artillery barrage is useful in area denial, clearing out an objective, inflicting some enemy damage and claiming a few tickets. Smoke barrage can provide cover for team mates to move in on an objective or make a flanking manoeuvre. I think they're a great and useful addition to the game.
  • von_Campenstein
    6552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Speaking of loud, why not include air raid sirens whenever a plane enter the skybox above a fixed AA location? For immersion of course.
  • ragnarok013
    2544 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @LOLGotYerTags Hey dude, sorry to trouble you (or whichever mod picks this up) but the forum monster has eaten a couple of my comments today. It's fair enough munching my poor attempts at humour and contrary opinions. I'd have eaten them too if I were a forum monster.
    @GrumbleSG9 I released your messages from the queue.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    MatthewSkeet said:

Artillery barrage is useful in area denial, clearing out an objective, inflicting some enemy damage and claiming a few tickets. Smoke barrage can provide cover for team mates to move in on an objective or make a flanking manoeuvre. I think they're a great and useful addition to the game.

I think it's more effective as a threst than real damage. I mostly get about 100 points of damage over a few people, but rarely kills. Did destroy a tank a few days back wich was a shocker.
  • GrumbleSG9
    @LOLGotYerTags Thank you kindly!

@diagoro True, I maybe should have said "and the occasional ticket." 

Sometimes you strike it lucky with tanks, like when their tracks have been damaged so they can't escape the area quickly enough. I do my mwahahaha laugh and twiddle my imaginary evil moustache when the Battlefield fates align.
  • xKusagamix
    868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:

Mind, if Trump can invent clean coal, perhaps he can work on quiet explosives for you.
    Speaking of immersion, reviving downed teammates in a middle of an Artillery barrage is really cool.
  • MatthewSkeet
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    MatthewSkeet said:

I think it's more effective as a threst than real damage. I mostly get about 100 points of damage over a few people, but rarely kills. Did destroy a tank a few days back wich was a shocker.

I'm more scare of incoming v1 since i know it's a guaranteed death if I'm nearby.

• MatthewSkeet
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »

You really don't get it.
    I don't know if you play on pc (which I believe has no sound issues at all from some comments I've read here), but on PS4 this is just damaging my ears
    I've been playing on the same loundess for months and only since barrage turned up it make my ears buzz.
    Not v1
    Not 500lbs bombs
    Not stuka

A friggin barrage

This game clearly doesn't have a proper sound limiter
  • grrlpurple
    791 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Artillery barrage is the only thing that makes some maps actually feel like a war zone!
  • ourting
    21 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I used one tonight to help dispatch a pesky tank, but yeah they can be loud especially when you're trying to chat to your team
  • Trokey66
    8066 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »

You really don't get it.
    I don't know if you play on pc (which I believe has no sound issues at all from some comments I've read here), but on PS4 this is just damaging my ears
    I've been playing on the same loundess for months and only since barrage turned up it make my ears buzz.
    Not v1
    Not 500lbs bombs
    Not stuka

A friggin barrage

This game clearly doesn't have a proper sound limiter

I play on PS4......
  • LankRich
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play on PS4 and I love it, it’s one of the most immersive things they’ve added to the games. Yeah it is loud, but it’s also a mass bombardment of shells, there should be nothing toned down or limited about that.
  • Prep768
    3413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like how it enduces a chaotic feel for those few seconds when the barrage is dropping 
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Usually when I see incoming artillery (Friendly or enemy), I just leave the area and go somewhere else because there is no point of standing closer than 50m away from it.
  • fragnstein
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    P.s.a. red smoke is enemy artillery and green is friendly. I have seen team mates afraid to enter/run from friendly artillery
  • Prep768
    3413 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Usually when I see incoming artillery (Friendly or enemy), I just leave the area and go somewhere else because there is no point of standing closer than 50m away from it.
    P.s.a. red smoke is enemy artillery and green is friendly. I have seen team mates afraid to enter/run from friendly artillery
    Read the OP (Pro tip)