Which dev’s in charge of tanks at Dice?

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    olavafar said:
    Classic BF5. Tank is more scared of infantry than infantry is scared of a tank. I mean the poor thing is running for it's life after taking  good 40-45 damage in a single hit while infantry can survive a blast right next to them.

Also a tank has to lose more than the infantry. It has limited slots and a much larger respawn timer.
    Please post this video on Reddit, if you do not want to I can do it for you

• TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus wrote: »
    TropicPoison said:

Tanks are so OP in the smaller game modes... They should nerf them a bit in those.

Do you do stand up?

You should do that apparently, nothing I said was meant to be funny. 

Well now I'm disappointed that you're not actually a comedian because that was a good joke with what you said.
  • APBT
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    If tanks were taking out of the BF5, no one would notice.

They spawn super slow and then add in the fact that the most viable class to run is Assault. Then ammo stations around the map dont help the Tanks cause lol

Tanks just dont stand a chance.

Either nerf damage to Tanks or significantly increase repawn or both.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks are so OP in the smaller game modes... They should nerf them a bit in those.

Actually the OPposite, in the ESB squad conquest test cup they were useless. Basically you have to hope the enemy team is doing a tides of war challenge requiring them all to be medics lmao
  • Cropulus
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TropicPoison said:

Do you do stand up?

You should do that apparently, nothing I said was meant to be funny. 

Well now I'm disappointed that you're not actually a comedian because that was a good joke with what you said.
    So how you deal with everyone that disagrees with you is to treat them like this?

Great person you are, many thanks for your wonderful contributions, really appreciated. Maybe look into growing up and being a mature person, that will enlighten you. If not, go do this all your life, be the keyboard warrior and try to pick fights with people from behind your safe computer. 
  • Cropulus
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Actually the OPposite, in the ESB squad conquest test cup they were useless. Basically you have to hope the enemy team is doing a tides of war challenge requiring them all to be medics lmao
    I am not the only one that has noticed it and it was not only in the tides of war medic challenge, but fine. I like to play tank every once in a while, but I am not a huge tanker. If you are a tanker, you would be inclined to make them more powerful. Weird that in ESB squad conquest they were found so useless though, a good back up squad should be able to protect the tank. I have played loads of rush and frontlines lately and proper tankers have been quite capable of not dying at all and determining the round. I am struggling to see what you would need more from a tank and equally struggling with why you would not think they are OP. 
  • mrtwotimes
    733 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sherman Abrams, Director of Tank Design
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i said:

No one...That is the problem.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    y_j_es_i said:

That's actually not the case. Like 2 months ago we got some tank vs tank balance within one of the patches. It wasn't perfect because of current heavy tank meta it created. Yet it was something in the right direction. Still more stuff has to be done if Dice wants balanced game.
  • IIIIUNREALIIII
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    y_j_es_i said:

That's actually not the case. Like 2 months ago we got some tank vs tank balance within one of the patches. It wasn't perfect because of current heavy tank meta it created. Yet it was something in the right direction. Still more stuff has to be done if Dice wants balanced game.

Yes, now is big tank meta. But I still use Panzer 38T. Big tanks are still useless.

Most OP thing in BFV is amount assaults and supports. There is no balance in this game. 3xscope etc. This is the problem. Also I feel like I play different round than my team, when I'm in tank. Me vs assaults and rest of team vs enemy. They can attack you over and over again. All time. From front,left, right and back.

• LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair, I think that tanks have the capacity to be quite good, but its how they handle that makes them so useless now.

In previous Battlefields, tank drivers were never scared to take on infantry head on and get stuck in. But all I'm seeing now is an abundance of *****'s who sit at the back of the map, taking pot shots and then heading back to the resupply station to hide. It's infuriating to watch and it makes stagnant, boring games. 

As well as the attrition system, I honestly think the new control layout is whats ruined them and is the biggest difference from BF4 & BF1 to this game- For example the way the turret doesn't keep relative to the direction you're looking at. As a console player, this is one of the biggest drawbacks about using tanks as it is incredibly hard to track targets at close range. I'm wondering if they gave an option to revert back to the previous control layout where the turret remained consistent to where you looked, there would be any difference in the tank gameplay and how people use them
  • MBT_Layzan
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    To be fair, I think that tanks have the capacity to be quite good, but its how they handle that makes them so useless now.

In previous Battlefields, tank drivers were never scared to take on infantry head on and get stuck in. But all I'm seeing now is an abundance of *****'s who sit at the back of the map, taking pot shots and then heading back to the resupply station to hide. It's infuriating to watch and it makes stagnant, boring games. 

As well as the attrition system, I honestly think the new control layout is whats ruined them and is the biggest difference from BF4 & BF1 to this game- For example the way the turret doesn't keep relative to the direction you're looking at. As a console player, this is one of the biggest drawbacks about using tanks as it is incredibly hard to track targets at close range. I'm wondering if they gave an option to revert back to the previous control layout where the turret remained consistent to where you looked, there would be any difference in the tank gameplay and how people use them
    This person gets it. +1

I'm on PC, assault can fire at me with precision and speed with their mice. While we have the same turret capped speed.  
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich wrote: »

I pretty sure there’s an option to do with whether or not the turret direction and tank direction are linked
  • MrDtimes2
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love playing with tanks in BFV!

• Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    are you kidding? tanks are so ****. nothing compared to the heavy tank, assault tank, and putilov from bf1. I would easily, easily go 70-1 or higher. I miss the good ol bf1 days. Bf v tanks are a joke.
  • Cropulus
    Thinks he speaks about destroying tanks with his mines. You think that is where we need to go with tanks? Easily 70-1??? I do not think that is where we should go and I can understand why tankers think tanks are bad... If the base should be 70-1 then there is no real reason to debate this as far as I am concerned
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus said:
    Thinks he speaks about destroying tanks with his mines. You think that is where we need to go with tanks? Easily 70-1??? I do not think that is where we should go and I can understand why tankers think tanks are bad... If the base should be 70-1 then there is no real reason to debate this as far as I am concerned

Easily 70-1 is a gross exaggeration even at the ideal circumstances.
    However it is a fact that we have gone from:
    *Bleep* an enemy tank!
    to
    *Bleep* an enemy assault! I will become his free points!
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

I pretty sure there’s an option to do with whether or not the turret direction and tank direction are linked

If there is, could you tell me? I’ve scoured through the control settings to see if there is anything that can work and I can’t find anything. I can’t remember who’s video it was, but I swear that in the alpha, they had it the way the way it was before, but they changed it to the new layout just before release
  • Hawxxeye
    LankRich said:
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

If there is, could you tell me? I’ve scoured through the control settings to see if there is anything that can work and I can’t find anything. I can’t remember who’s video it was, but I swear that in the alpha, they had it the way the way it was before, but they changed it to the new layout just before release
    I think it is in the advanced gameplay options, an on off switch
  • Cropulus
    Hawxxeye said:
    Cropulus said:

Easily 70-1 is a gross exaggeration even at the ideal circumstances.
    However it is a fact that we have gone from:
    *Bleep* an enemy tank!
    to
    *Bleep* an enemy assault! I will become his free points!
    I think a lot could be solved by giving medics a viable option besides smg's only. I would start playing medic again, currently I am maining assault, as in most maps that is just the most reliable option. If medics would become a good option again, I think tanks would have less to worry about. You really need to be lucky to kill a heavy tank if you have not been able to stock up on additional explosives. The German tanks with zimmerit should be OP, as unattached C4 should not have a huge impact anymore?