"BFV is lacking content"

aRrAyStArTaT0
786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Lets actually tally them up.
-------
BFV released as of 4/8/2019
-------
How many weapons? VGO MMG, Selbstlader 1906, AG m/42 AR, M1897 shotgun, Ribeyerolles 1918 AR, ZK-383 SMG, Modele 1944 AR, M1922 MMG, MKIII bolt-action rifle; total 9
Vehicles? Sturmgeschutz IV tank, Archer tank, Mosquito MK IV, Ju88c; total 4
Maps? Firestorm, Panzerstorm; total 2
Game Modes? Firestorm, Rush, Combined Arms; total 3
Grand total: 18 new items
39 weapons available as of this date.
-------
BF1 as of DLC 1 released
-------
1 DLC with:
Weapons? Ribeyrolles 1918, RSC1917, Lebel Model 1886, Chauchat, Sjogren Inertial, and Mle 1903; total 6
Vehicles? Saint-Chamond and Char 2C; total 2
Maps? Fort de Vaux, Soissons, Rupture, Verdun Hights; total 4
Game modes? Frontlines; total 1
New Campaign; Prise De Tahure; total 1
Grand Total: 14 new items
BF1 had ~20 iirc (feel free to correct me here) before the first DLC.
------

I'm kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization. More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6 modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in identical time periods over BF1.
It's difficult for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else. Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community.
(I'm obviously leaving out cosmetics because it'd be a little bit unfair in BFV's favor otherwise.)

Comments

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of weapons feel like copy paste and some are even straight from BF1. The maps while there are a few a lot of them feel to similar to each other and the rest are terrible. If I see Areodome I immediately leave for example. I never did that with BF1.

I'm not really sure as to why this matters. They're new weapons in the game. They're a new experience on a new game. Who cares where they came from right? Players are so easy to say "We want realism!" but when it comes to using guns from previous wars, it's "not good" or something and people dislike it.
  • baroncrovax
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't it disingenuous to compare game modes and vehicles to maps?

I will concede that weapon wise there isn't much to complain about as they have a degree of parity. However, a tank doth not equal a map. Not only is it something only a small percentage of the players will be able to access at any time (if allowed at all), the variety you get from it is fairly limited.

I mean, if you factor in all the game modes you could get per map then maps blow it out of the water completely.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

I will concede that weapon wise there isn't much to complain about as they have a degree of parity. However, a tank doth not equal a map. Not only is it something only a small percentage of the players will be able to access at any time (if allowed at all), the variety you get from it is fairly limited.

I mean, if you factor in all the game modes you could get per map then maps blow it out of the water completely.

It's identical in scale. Sure, you can say a map has more detail and more area, but this entire "BF1 had more content" stuff is incorrect and I wanted to call it out. We are getting 2 more maps in the coming month or two (Mercury + 1 other). When BFV started with 1 less map at launch than BF1 and got a map within a month of launch and people still demand "More maps" yet still say that we aren't "splitting up the community" or something, it's entirely hypocritical.
    A map is a map. A gun is a gun. A vehicle is a vehicle. The point of this post was to show that the content is there. Just because it's not the exact content the community wants (maps) doesn't mean it's not there. It takes nearly 3 or so months for anything to get approved. New maps are coming, but since the lack of maps feedback really picked up in early January, They're right on track to release another this month (April - 3 months after January) and in June like their original roadmap promised.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    VOLBANKER said:
    Firestorm doesn't count as a map for those of us who only play Battlefield as it's BR only, which you know very well I'm sure.

Fact is DLC1 for BF1 contained 4 quality maps while here in BF5 we got 1 map: Panzersturm, which as a map causes a lot of folks to leave whenever it pops up as next map.

It seems to me you've made it your life mission to defend DICE here in this forum. Bias is never a good thing. There are good and bad things about most things in life, DICE and BF5 included.

I guess the MMGs, ARs, Shotguns, and SMGs don't count either if you only play Recon right? Or is that an invalid reason to say there's no content?
  • baroncrovax
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    baroncrovax said:

It's identical in scale. Sure, you can say a map has more detail and more area, but this entire "BF1 had more content" stuff is incorrect and I wanted to call it out. We are getting 2 more maps in the coming month or two (Mercury + 1 other). When BFV started with 1 less map at launch than BF1 and got a map within a month of launch and people still demand "More maps" yet still say that we aren't "splitting up the community" or something, it's entirely hypocritical..A map is a map. A gun is a gun. A vehicle is a vehicle. The point of this post was to show that the content is there. Just because it's not the exact content the community wants (maps) doesn't mean it's not there. It takes nearly 3 or so months for anything to get approved. New maps are coming, but since the lack of maps feedback really picked up in early January, They're right on track to release another this month (April - 3 months after January) and in June like their original roadmap promised.

By that logic my 10cents is identical to 1dollar in scale so I'd be willing to get a 90% refund.
  • thebossman2202
    372 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly this has bugged for awhile. I loved BF1 and bought the season but cant sit here and act like for the 6 month drought period( you guys know Im referring to) we had absolutely NOTHING! No new guns, maps, modes or anything! At least in BFV's case they add something every one or two months to keep the game interesting!

But I aint no BFV defender now, I like the game and honestly I know that given time this WILL probably the best battlefiled game since BF3 if they continue adding new stuff over 2 years. Dice needs to work on ALOT of things( no not maps cause we already there coming) , but dont be mad that the OP is spitting facts
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    bran1986 said:
    Nice try DICE :disappointed:
    What do you mean "DICE"?
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization. More guns. More everything except maps."

maps are the only REAL CONTENT, thats why people are complaining. jeez, how can any1 defend this bs?
    even if "older bf's" had a "similiar" amount of maps - this is 2018/19, not 16/17. the claims of the gamers has risen.

• PackersDK
    731 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think the OP did a nice job comparing the 2 games, I do have a few comments though. And yes, I’m one of those who thinks BFV lacks content, to the point where I’m considering a long break from the game. 

1) BF1 was critizised for lack of content as well, I recall multiple “It’s been out X months now and nothing...” - threads on the old BF1 forum. Wasn’t it just one measly map we got till March?? So argueing BFV is slightly better than BF1 is not really saying that much.

2) listing Firestorm as a new map is a bit of a stretch to me. Can I play CQ, Breakthrough or even tdm on it?

3) a pet peeve of mine; far to many re-used weapons in BFV from BF1. I find it almost embarrasing, as if they were pressed for time. I think this re-used fact should be mentioned in your weapons comparison. Just saying.
  • Panzerratte_93
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lets actually tally them up.
    -------
    BFV released as of 4/8/2019
    -------
    How many weapons? VGO MMG, Selbstlader 1906, AG m/42 AR, M1897 shotgun, Ribeyerolles 1918 AR, ZK-383 SMG, Modele 1944 AR, M1922 MMG, MKIII bolt-action rifle; total 9
    Vehicles? Sturmgeschutz IV tank, Archer tank, Mosquito MK IV, Ju88c; total 4
    Maps? Firestorm, Panzerstorm; total 2
    Game Modes? Firestorm, Rush, Combined Arms; total 3
    Grand total: 18 new items
    39 weapons available as of this date.
    -------
    BF1 as of DLC 1 released
    -------
    1 DLC with:
    Weapons? Ribeyrolles 1918, RSC1917, Lebel Model 1886, Chauchat, Sjogren Inertial, and Mle 1903; total 6
    Vehicles? Saint-Chamond and Char 2C; total 2
    Maps? Fort de Vaux, Soissons, Rupture, Verdun Hights; total 4
    Game modes? Frontlines; total 1
    New Campaign; Prise De Tahure; total 1
    Grand Total: 14 new items
    BF1 had ~20 iirc (feel free to correct me here) before the first DLC.
    ------

I'm kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization. More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6 modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in identical time periods over BF1.
    It's difficult for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else. Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community.
    (I'm obviously leaving out cosmetics because it'd be a little bit unfair in BFV's favor otherwise.)
    Thanks for your comparison (I didn´t know, that we got so much new stuff). In my opinion we should not compare the two games by their general amount of Content, but instead compare every Kind of Content, so we can get a better Picture of what the majority of the Players thinks is the Problem with "the lack of Content". 
    Lets try to sum Things up: 
    Which of this two games has had fewer Problems with this "lack of Content"-Thing nearly everybody is complaining About? What are the differences between These games in fact of the Kind of new Content? 
    Lets say:   Bf1 was subjective seen better than BFV. The differences are: BF1 had have less weapons, less vehicles, less gamemodes, but more Maps. So, it could be, that the Major amount of Players can´t see, that in General bfv have more Content, because for them it is more important to have more Maps. 
    I totaly agree that we got a lot of stuff in BFV till now, but - as hard it sounds - this won´t help if the subjective opinion of the playerbase isn´t changing by bringing them the stuff they want. 
    Also the mainquestion is, if bf1 was realy better as bfv now is? If it is the other way arround you can see, that the exisiting System of providing new Content works.   
  • VincentNZ
    2668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You are tendencially right, since you count every piece they delivered for ToW, which is not unreasonable. However there is a perceived lack of content in the quality department. BF1 is also not a prime example for great content, as there everything, just as in BFV arrived late and underwhelming. The lack of weapons there in particular needs to attributed to the era, too.
    Here is a comparison map for map content that did arrive with the last four iterations of the franchise: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/b1e5d2/battlefield_map_release_timelines/
    What you can see is the difference of added map content, which adds variety and keeps the game fresh in a way that can not be achieved simply by new modes or alterations of existing modes.
    A skin for a weapon that you get every week or so, is content, but adds nothing beyond equipping the skin on the weapon. A new weapon might convince a couple of people to switch for a couple of hours and keep them occupied, but a map, especially when well done, will affect all players for large amounts of time. I hate Panzerstorm with a passion, but even I spend 4 hours on it, so that gave me more than the napalm skin for the Drilling, if you get my drift.
    Also things like the SP, Firestorm and CA, is definitely content, yet was developed totally around the core people and is therefore (with Firestorm being the esception) a waste of resources. Even if Coop had been good, or the SP more intriguing, it is just not worth it, because it occupies the average player for much less than a map, while costing a lot to produce. Firestorm is an exception only, because the market is so damn big that even a small margin will trump the core BF community.
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol op is trying to defend a dying game :D
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

This game offers very little besides infantry play on small/medium size maps, which are poorly designed. Vehicle play is boring and there are really nothing you can do beside running in circles or camping and shoot people. It becomes very boring very fast.

That's why it lack content imo. It's not about the number of maps or weapons.

Literally the only decent thing in the game and I do mean the only thing is the gunplay and that's literally it. The game looks mediocre at best.