Why no rental servers?

287martin
143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Any plans for rental servers for BF V

Comments

• CaptainHardware
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    www.surveymonkey.com/r/BFVMarch

Vote in favor of it here. Probably a strong response to this survey is the last chance this has of happening
  • JPhysics
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dan Mitre's response is the lastest official insight that I am aware of that might answer your question 287martin.
    https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aiucsn/dan_mitre_talks_about_why_theres_no_rsp_news/
  • xxxTUCO
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA are too stupid to see obvious need for private servers, no clans... no player base other than casuals. no decent servers to play in
  • 287martin
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for that reddit link, it's a sad time for Battlefield on pc. I'm going back to the jungle
  • CrashCA
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • g0merpile
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No server is we are still in bata
  • dude_No_Touching
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP now please
  • NN_Buzz12
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA might not believe it but having rental servers made the game what it is today.  Servers provide a place for communities to grow and people to game in a tolerable way.  No matter your demographic, servers attract gamers.

I do understand a company has to make a buck.  Advertising on rented servers will take you right to the people that probably have a buck to spend.
  • Mhill2029
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    I think the issue with rental servers is that like with BF4 etc there were so many, that cheaters got banned from one server and just move onto another.

Plus a lot of these servers were owned/paid for by hacker clans half the time, and they basically did as they pleased. Not having them could be a good thing if servers were only official ones. Although that theory would work wonders, if DICE clamped down on cheaters and connections to EA servers was the only option. Think about it....
  • g0merpile
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    Mhill2029 said:
    I think the issue with rental servers is that like with BF4 etc there were so many, that cheaters got banned from one server and just move onto another.

Plus a lot of these servers were owned/paid for by hacker clans half the time, and they basically did as they pleased. Not having them could be a good thing if servers were only official ones. Although that theory would work wonders, if DICE clamped down on cheaters and connections to EA servers was the only option. Think about it....

You are not going to be the most popular person saying private servers are hackers.

• Mhill2029
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m stating facts my friend, being popular isn’t on my radar. We’ve all been to public servers that definitely seemed shady to say the least.
  • CrashCA
    902 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mhill2029 said:

Please research before you accuse, myself and others here ran community rented servers since before BFBC2 with the sole intention of a great place to get together and play. You are free to play on "official" servers if you do not like rentals.
  • Mhill2029
    edited April 9
    CrashCA said:
    Mhill2029 said:

Please research before you accuse, myself and others here ran community rented servers since before BFBC2 with the sole intention of a great place to get together and play. You are free to play on "official" servers if you do not like rentals. 

I didn't say everyone that rented a server, no need to act like it's a personal attack you touchy sod :p

But I have come across many during BF3 and BF4 that were definitely doing dodgy stuff. 

• 287martin
    There were some bad servers in previous battlefield games run by admins who were cheating but you usually noticed within 2 mins of playing that it was a bad server and never go to it again. The good servers run by good clans where always full with a que waiting to join ( some are still like this in the older battlefield games ). Then there are the options some maps just work better with no planes and tanks and imagine a proper hard-core server with resupply points disabled etc
  • JPhysics
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You'll find cheaters with or without rental servers.  The difference is with rental servers the communities have the capability of actively doing something about it, not to mention the other benefits they bring.  Therefore you know where to find relatively clean servers to play on.  Sure you'll find cheaters on their own servers, but at least you know where to avoid .... and they certainly only make up for a minority of the up and running servers.
    There is nothing positive about excluding RSP.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dan Mitre's response is the lastest official insight that I am aware of that might answer your question 287martin.
    https://reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aiucsn/dan_mitre_talks_about_why_theres_no_rsp_news/

So in "dumb speak", there isn't enough money in it. But there was in BF4, and those games before it. They could raise the price, to bring it into balance.

But as the community shrinks there are fewer resources to go around.

• JPhysics
    I think they made it quite clear it is solely a decision which revolves around money, although I personally think control is a factor too imo ... so that the gaming experience you receive is the way they intend it rather than a customised form of it.  What they neglect to acknowledge is that RSP builds communities and support for the franchise, which in turn brings in additional sales and creates good PR.  Its also creates a longer life span for the game, which has created the discussion that it discourages communities from investing in their follow up franchise titles.
    -
    Its doesn't need to make money directly, it just needs to raise revenue to cover its costs.  Its been done in the past in battlefield, and it is still done today with other developers. 
    Regardless of the many different views on it, I don't think Dice approach this issue in the right way.  These points have been made repeatedly, which indicates to me that they are not listening to their community.
  • CrashCA

So in "dumb speak", there isn't enough money in it. But there was in BF4, and those games before it. They could raise the price, to bring it into balance.

But as the community shrinks there are fewer resources to go around.

And the community shrinks because there are no rented servers. Catch 22
  • CrashCA
     These points have been made repeatedly, which indicates to me that they are not listening to their community.
    64 pages here from May of 2018, so yes points have been made;

• stabbinhobo
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO they won't have RSP ever again because it extends the shelf life of games. If the new game is a **** they can induce you to purchase and migrate to it anyway by shutting down their "public" servers. If they could have 86'd the BF4 servers when BF1 launched they surely would have.