MMGS

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Up there as one of the worst design decisions in the game. They are designed for not fun gameplay. You can maybe see what was intended but I'm not sure what has happened is it.

• Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just managed to get 22 Kills in a Team Deathmatch (equally skilled teams until 6 players left on our side) with the 1200 RPM MG42, so at least it works fine there :/

But in general the MMGs are wonky to use with their "no aim" without being prone, though it is significantly better than at launch.
    Also, it might work better for me if my right mouse button worked more than 60 % of the time ^^
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The MG 42 is the best weapon in the game, the recoil is perfectly predictable if you practice with it. It is not one to hold down the trigger and should be used in bursts. 
    Only in certain gamemodes and that's it. In most situations and gamemodes you're just to immobile with a MMG. You might get 2-3 kills while proning in rubble, but 2 secs later you get your head removed. What do you think will happen if DICE at some point suddenly decides to finally fix the bad visibility and rendering issues? That wont help MMGs either, since that's part of what makes them at least viable in certain situations. So I still think reworking these guns might help gameplay ;)
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd love this, the Parabellum was one of my go to guns in BF1. With difficult recoil it would be nice to have a gun that you had to work hard at to  master in V.
    I loathe the prone meta of V so I rarely use the MMG's, if Dice changed them to ADS I'd suddenly have at least 4 new guns to play with in my favourite class.
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As much as I hate to admit it, but I really think the system they’ve got in place just promotes camping.

Like everyone’s saying, if you’re having to stop to deploy your bipod when you’re out running and gunning, you’re gonna get your head turned into a canoe by a waiting sniper. It’s much safer to wait for your target than to go on the offensive.

I really don’t think it’s a fair move how they’ve just jumped to this system without any transition or consultation with the community.
    And I honestly don’t think that if they allowed ADS with MMGs on the next update, people wouldn’t mind and would actually quite enjoy it
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We had so many, many, many discussions about MMG here in the forum and after waiting to see if the 3 consecutive patches would bring any changes to the current MMG system, I've given up on support. I just checked my stats - I'm in 0.3% by number of kills so I've really given it a go but it's just not worth the hassle. And I would strongly advise anyone playing MMG not to do it. It's a ticket to frustration hell and making any complaints here in the forum will result in getting shouted down by just about every other class. I've since switched to Assault and now I spend my days blowing people's heads off with PIAT and STG. Turns out it's much easier to play like that, too!
  • Masqerader
    628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    every weapon that forces you to be stationary will get you killed unless youre camping in cover. especially mmgs are hard to play. as soon as you start shooting you instantly get a sniperbullet to the head. your best chance to actually play a mmg is to work with a medic or recon and shoot through smoke. that works pretty well with the gunner perk since you will spot enemies through the smoke and they cant just snipe you. your only other option is to camp with it and maybe secure the backline. buts thats actually where these things are at their best

Lol mmgs are hard to play, you can bipod on any surface angle and shoot lasers...
  • LankRich
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Zenga wrote: »
    We had so many, many, many discussions about MMG here in the forum and after waiting to see if the 3 consecutive patches would bring any changes to the current MMG system, I've given up on support. I just checked my stats - I'm in 0.3% by number of kills so I've really given it a go but it's just not worth the hassle. And I would strongly advise anyone playing MMG not to do it. It's a ticket to frustration hell and making any complaints here in the forum will result in getting shouted down by just about every other class. I've since switched to Assault and now I spend my days blowing people's heads off with PIAT and STG. Turns out it's much easier to play like that, too!

I don’t think we should stop discussing it though. I mean I’m probably wrong with this, but surely if it’s consistnetly brought up on the thread, it should be seen and at least acknowledged to some extent? Additionally, if they looked at the game statistics and saw how few people are using MMG’s, the forum would be where they could find out why? Or is this just wishful thinking?
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »

Lol mmgs are hard to play, you can bipod on any surface angle and shoot lasers...

Except you can't? And some random debris knocks you out of ADS. Sometimes nothing visible knocks you out of ADS.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The MMGs are fine are they are
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

Were the MMGs with ADS and even scopes OP in BF1?
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    Kayback said:

I only had the chance to play BF1 with the TTK.2 balance, but the MMG's were fine. 

At that point in BF1's life cycle the classes and their respective weapons where balanced beautifully. 
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually do love the MG42 and I feel like this is something Dice did right.

I’m an aggressive player and love my Thompson. But the MG requires me to A. play more strategic and B. Work with a squad more.

I’ve been using the MG a lot lately and getting destroyed. YOURE not going to be able to truly run and gun with it.

But I found I love setting up in a bottle neck position or covering teams. It’s awesome for those elements.
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    man I was a support main in bf1, and bfv and was let down both times. Assault has always been the best class. Hellriegel and annahilator Thompson would get me stupidly high kd ratios. yesterday was getting 50+ kills easily with the stg44 :)
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »

Didn’t really play BFI so I can’t remember.
    What I know tho, is that no-one has 800-1000 RPM MGs in WWI so I’m guessing there weren’t any of those in BFI
  • LankRich

What I know tho, is that no-one has 800-1000 RPM MGs in WWI so I’m guessing there weren’t any of those in BFI

There were scopes and AA sites and all sorts of BF1. Even the Parabellum, which had a fire rate of 800 something had the option to have a small scope on it. It was awful in rapid fire, but firing small squirts or laying down prone it become a monster!
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs should have never been added like this in the first place. What should've happened it that the support should've been able to build MMGs in certain areas while buffing them to be a 2-3 shot kill at all ranges with the combat engineer being able to build the mg42.
  • OrionPherrit
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is indeed tricky to master a caMpMG in this game, however they would become excessively OP if they could ADS & hipfire like Assault weapons, so this handicap must be endured. I don’t want GPMGs to dominate the playfield like Parabellum & TL50, and we can’t all be like this guy as much as we’d wish:
    _112ab3ca-51d8-11e8-aa60-d0af28d4422a.jpg
    But they can still sort of work for run & gun playstyle after a few upgrades. The MG42, in particular, can tear up foes at pointblank even with the accuracy penalty. Especially after you’ve boosted its cyclic rate to max.

Arguably it would be more effective to upgrade the other branch of the tech tree to increase its capacity, but I just had to speed up my MG42 to hear it sing. ❤️
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    y_j_es_i said:

If I'm remembering right I think the Burton LMG had around 900 RPM.
  • CaptHotah
    1069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NO. Just no