"BFV is lacking content"

Comments

• PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 said:
    Nice try DICE :disappointed:

What do you mean "DICE"?

I think he believes the OP is a sock puppet.
  • StarscreamUK
    7370 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    YourLocalPlumber said:
    Ok Dice, we get. You're trying to to convince us that you're not screwing us over, ain't gonna though.
    If you're following recent forum discussions closely, you have obviously noticed that OP is doing nothing but constantly shilling for Dice like it's the best developer in the world and made no mistakes. There is no possible way to discuss things with him.

You can remain civil or not post.
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me it’s all about the lack of maps, I don’t like BR so a map that is tied to a game mode doesn’t count for me.
  • Trokey66
    8649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And the basic difference between Op and those that constantly post negative drivel is.....?
  • StarscreamUK
    7370 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Topic. Keep on it.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Less maps, that's it, the other things you mentioned are secondary. Also the maps are worse than BF1 ones, the only current BFV maps I really like are Devastation and Aerodrome, the other ones are pretty meh and I don't dodge them because I would be spending more time dodging maps than playing the game.
  • VOLBANKER
    1258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Firestorm doesn't count as a map for those of us who only play Battlefield as it's BR only, which you know very well I'm sure.

Fact is DLC1 for BF1 contained 4 quality maps while here in BF5 we got 1 map: Panzersturm, which as a map causes a lot of folks to leave whenever it pops up as next map.

It seems to me you've made it your life mission to defend DICE here in this forum. Bias is never a good thing. There are good and bad things about most things in life, DICE and BF5 included.

I guess the MMGs, ARs, Shotguns, and SMGs don't count either if you only play Recon right? Or is that an invalid reason to say there's no content?
    To me, this reply proves you’re just trolling. ThereforevI am out.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    350 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP missed Giant's shadow from BF1. To me that map and Panzerstorm cancel each other out, neither was popular on release.

With the French DLC BF1 received four new maps and shortly after two additional night maps with the French theme. If I remember correctly, those maps were given to everyone, so that was three new maps for the whole playerbase before the Russian DLC.

There's content in this game, but quite a big portion of it isn't very engaging in my opinion.

More maps are needed desperately, along with new factions and of course RSP

Even so, I think BFV is an enjoyable game, but you have to take occasional brakes away from it for it to remain that way.
  • bigiain
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a decent number of weapons, but an awful lot of them - the bolt action rifles, the MMG's and the SMG's - are only useful in limited circumstances or to a very good player. The small number of maps would be bad enough, but the fact that we aren't waiting for a mass of delayed maps but waiting to see how long a handful of maps will take to arrive makes things far worse.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lets actually tally them up.
    -------
    BFV released as of 4/8/2019
    -------
    How many weapons? VGO MMG, Selbstlader 1906, AG m/42 AR, M1897 shotgun, Ribeyerolles 1918 AR, ZK-383 SMG, Modele 1944 AR, M1922 MMG, MKIII bolt-action rifle; total 9
    Vehicles? Sturmgeschutz IV tank, Archer tank, Mosquito MK IV, Ju88c; total 4
    Maps? Firestorm, Panzerstorm; total 2
    Game Modes? Firestorm, Rush, Combined Arms; total 3
    Grand total: 18 new items
    39 weapons available as of this date.
    -------
    BF1 as of DLC 1 released
    -------
    1 DLC with:
    Weapons? Ribeyrolles 1918, RSC1917, Lebel Model 1886, Chauchat, Sjogren Inertial, and Mle 1903; total 6
    Vehicles? Saint-Chamond and Char 2C; total 2
    Maps? Fort de Vaux, Soissons, Rupture, Verdun Hights; total 4
    Game modes? Frontlines; total 1
    New Campaign; Prise De Tahure; total 1
    Grand Total: 14 new items
    BF1 had ~20 iirc (feel free to correct me here) before the first DLC.
    ------

I'm kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization. More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6 modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in identical time periods over BF1.
    It's difficult for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else. Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community.
    (I'm obviously leaving out cosmetics because it'd be a little bit unfair in BFV's favor otherwise.)
    Thanks for your comparison (I didn´t know, that we got so much new stuff). In my opinion we should not compare the two games by their general amount of Content, but instead compare every Kind of Content, so we can get a better Picture of what the majority of the Players thinks is the Problem with "the lack of Content". 
    Lets try to sum Things up: 
    Which of this two games has had fewer Problems with this "lack of Content"-Thing nearly everybody is complaining About? What are the differences between These games in fact of the Kind of new Content? 
    Lets say:   Bf1 was subjective seen better than BFV. The differences are: BF1 had have less weapons, less vehicles, less gamemodes, but more Maps. So, it could be, that the Major amount of Players can´t see, that in General bfv have more Content, because for them it is more important to have more Maps. 
    I totaly agree that we got a lot of stuff in BFV till now, but - as hard it sounds - this won´t help if the subjective opinion of the playerbase isn´t changing by bringing them the stuff they want. 
    Also the mainquestion is, if bf1 was realy better as bfv now is? If it is the other way arround you can see, that the exisiting System of providing new Content works.   
    The problem here is that BF1 has 1 more map than BFV did at launch. Both games got +1 map before March. In March, BF1 got a DLC with 4 maps. BFV got firestorm which, according to developers, is the equivalent of ~5 maps in size and detail. In addition, we are getting 2 maps in the coming months in new settings. It's extremely difficult for me to understand why players think there's a lack of content.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    And the basic difference between Op and those that constantly post negative drivel is.....?
    I don't understand these types. They constantly follow me around and call me a "shill" or something just because I have an opinion that goes against theirs.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    bran1986 said:
    Nice try DICE :disappointed:

What do you mean "DICE"?

I think he believes the OP is a sock puppet.
    They do and it's discouraging. I don't work with or for DICE. I do work in the industry. I am working towards a CS masters degree. I do understand how stupidly difficult software, especially with literally millions of possibilities and thousands of things that can go wrong can be. I'm tired of seeing NOTHING on the forums except for stupid criticism of DICE and pointless hate of their product that's misdirected. From users DIRECTLY insulting developers by calling them "lazy" or even insulting them out right, it's behavior that should not be tolerated.
    There's a solid difference between criticism of a product and insult of it's creator.
  • SirBobdk
    4566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem here is that BF1 has 1 more map than BFV did at launch. Both games got +1 map before March. In March, BF1 got a DLC with 4 maps. BFV got firestorm which, according to developers, is the equivalent of ~5 maps in size and detail. In addition, we are getting 2 maps in the coming months in new settings. It's extremely difficult for me to understand why players think there's a lack of content.
    It has nothing to do with the number of maps imo, but the gameplay.
  • PackersDK
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You, OP, is entitled to your opinion, but can you at least understand the view that Firestorm is not the same as a 4 map DLC? No matter the map size.

This is not  a perfect analogi, I know, but imagine the BF1 French DLC maps only being playable in tdm mode. That’s how I feel about the Firestorm map. It’s irrelevant since it is locked behind a gamemode. And a gamemode at that, that has nothing really to do with BF. 

As I understand it, Firestorm has also been done by a different studio. So what has Dice been up to? This time in BF1 they had 4 maps ready for us!

• aRrAyStArTaT0
    Lets actually tally them up.
    -------
    BFV released as of 4/8/2019
    -------
    How many weapons? VGO MMG, Selbstlader 1906, AG m/42 AR, M1897 shotgun, Ribeyerolles 1918 AR, ZK-383 SMG, Modele 1944 AR, M1922 MMG, MKIII bolt-action rifle; total 9
    Vehicles? Sturmgeschutz IV tank, Archer tank, Mosquito MK IV, Ju88c; total 4
    Maps? Firestorm, Panzerstorm; total 2
    Game Modes? Firestorm, Rush, Combined Arms; total 3
    Grand total: 18 new items
    39 weapons available as of this date.
    -------
    BF1 as of DLC 1 released
    -------
    1 DLC with:
    Weapons? Ribeyrolles 1918, RSC1917, Lebel Model 1886, Chauchat, Sjogren Inertial, and Mle 1903; total 6
    Vehicles? Saint-Chamond and Char 2C; total 2
    Maps? Fort de Vaux, Soissons, Rupture, Verdun Hights; total 4
    Game modes? Frontlines; total 1
    New Campaign; Prise De Tahure; total 1
    Grand Total: 14 new items
    BF1 had ~20 iirc (feel free to correct me here) before the first DLC.
    ------

I'm kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization. More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6 modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in identical time periods over BF1.
    It's difficult for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else. Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community.
    (I'm obviously leaving out cosmetics because it'd be a little bit unfair in BFV's favor otherwise.)
    Thanks for your comparison (I didn´t know, that we got so much new stuff). In my opinion we should not compare the two games by their general amount of Content, but instead compare every Kind of Content, so we can get a better Picture of what the majority of the Players thinks is the Problem with "the lack of Content". 
    Lets try to sum Things up: 
    Which of this two games has had fewer Problems with this "lack of Content"-Thing nearly everybody is complaining About? What are the differences between These games in fact of the Kind of new Content? 
    Lets say:   Bf1 was subjective seen better than BFV. The differences are: BF1 had have less weapons, less vehicles, less gamemodes, but more Maps. So, it could be, that the Major amount of Players can´t see, that in General bfv have more Content, because for them it is more important to have more Maps. 
    I totaly agree that we got a lot of stuff in BFV till now, but - as hard it sounds - this won´t help if the subjective opinion of the playerbase isn´t changing by bringing them the stuff they want. 
    Also the mainquestion is, if bf1 was realy better as bfv now is? If it is the other way arround you can see, that the exisiting System of providing new Content works.   
    Dude I **** love that argument. "Firestorm counts as 10 Hamadas". Oh really? In this case, Devastation only counts as 1/4 of a map, Fjell counts as 1/4 of a map,  Arras counts as 1/2 of a map. If we put it together, BF5 only started with 4 or maps.

Where is that developer who compared map sizes, bring him here and tell him how small maps are compared to Hamada.
    The comparison of maps to weapons is already active in this thread. They say they aren't 1 in the same. Yet, for some reason, a map that's like, 2x the size of Hamada and some developers are admitting it took 5x the work of a normal map so they obviously aren't 1:1.