Which dev’s in charge of tanks at Dice?

Comments

• ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Huntbang wrote: »
    are you kidding? tanks are so ****. nothing compared to the heavy tank, assault tank, and putilov from bf1. I would easily, easily go 70-1 or higher. I miss the good ol bf1 days. Bf v tanks are a joke.

Need I say anymore!

Tanks are fine
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks probably need double the armour and half the weapon range.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    warslag said:
    Sven Svensson

From svvveeeden ? :smiley: 
  • LankRich
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    LankRich said:

y_j_es_i wrote: »

LankRich wrote: »
    To be fair, I think that tanks have the capacity to be quite good, but its how they handle that makes them so useless now.

In previous Battlefields, tank drivers were never scared to take on infantry head on and get stuck in. But all I'm seeing now is an abundance of *****'s who sit at the back of the map, taking pot shots and then heading back to the resupply station to hide. It's infuriating to watch and it makes stagnant, boring games. 

As well as the attrition system, I honestly think the new control layout is whats ruined them and is the biggest difference from BF4 & BF1 to this game- For example the way the turret doesn't keep relative to the direction you're looking at. As a console player, this is one of the biggest drawbacks about using tanks as it is incredibly hard to track targets at close range. I'm wondering if they gave an option to revert back to the previous control layout where the turret remained consistent to where you looked, there would be any difference in the tank gameplay and how people use them

I pretty sure there’s an option to do with whether or not the turret direction and tank direction are linked

If there is, could you tell me? I’ve scoured through the control settings to see if there is anything that can work and I can’t find anything. I can’t remember who’s video it was, but I swear that in the alpha, they had it the way the way it was before, but they changed it to the new layout just before release

I think it is in the advanced gameplay options, an on off switch

I’ll have a look tonight, any idea on what the button/ control is called?
  • MBT_Layzan
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:
    LankRich said:

To be fair, I think that tanks have the capacity to be quite good, but its how they handle that makes them so useless now.

In previous Battlefields, tank drivers were never scared to take on infantry head on and get stuck in. But all I'm seeing now is an abundance of *****'s who sit at the back of the map, taking pot shots and then heading back to the resupply station to hide. It's infuriating to watch and it makes stagnant, boring games. 

As well as the attrition system, I honestly think the new control layout is whats ruined them and is the biggest difference from BF4 & BF1 to this game- For example the way the turret doesn't keep relative to the direction you're looking at. As a console player, this is one of the biggest drawbacks about using tanks as it is incredibly hard to track targets at close range. I'm wondering if they gave an option to revert back to the previous control layout where the turret remained consistent to where you looked, there would be any difference in the tank gameplay and how people use them

I pretty sure there’s an option to do with whether or not the turret direction and tank direction are linked

If there is, could you tell me? I’ve scoured through the control settings to see if there is anything that can work and I can’t find anything. I can’t remember who’s video it was, but I swear that in the alpha, they had it the way the way it was before, but they changed it to the new layout just before release

Are we talking about the slow turret turn speed?

Because when you use 3rd person, you can look faster around the tank than the turret can turn. Esp on higher sensitivities and there is nothing you can do about this. It's intentional. 
  • ElliotLH
    7743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LankRich said:

I think it'll be the one called 'Decouple Aiming from Turning'. Down the bottom of Controls - Advanced.

Might also be what MBT_Layzan says above though.
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus said:
    Thinks he speaks about destroying tanks with his mines. You think that is where we need to go with tanks? Easily 70-1??? I do not think that is where we should go and I can understand why tankers think tanks are bad... If the base should be 70-1 then there is no real reason to debate this as far as I am concerned

Easily 70-1 is a gross exaggeration even at the ideal circumstances.However it is a fact that we have gone from:*Bleep* an enemy tank!to*Bleep* an enemy assault! I will become his free points!

True it was usually mid 60s, 80-0 being my highest on conquest. My point is tanks in bfv suck. In bf1 the most skilled tankers were rewarded heavily but here even with some practice I suck! :( 1 heavy rocket from infantry and I'm already at 60 health l, with a tiger tank!
  • y_j_es_i
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    Cropulus said:
    Thinks he speaks about destroying tanks with his mines. You think that is where we need to go with tanks? Easily 70-1??? I do not think that is where we should go and I can understand why tankers think tanks are bad... If the base should be 70-1 then there is no real reason to debate this as far as I am concerned

Easily 70-1 is a gross exaggeration even at the ideal circumstances.However it is a fact that we have gone from:*Bleep* an enemy tank!to*Bleep* an enemy assault! I will become his free points!

True it was usually mid 60s, 80-0 being my highest on conquest. My point is tanks in bfv suck. In bf1 the most skilled tankers were rewarded heavily but here even with some practice I suck! :( 1 heavy rocket from infantry and I'm already at 60 health l, with a tiger tank!

I tank sometimes and ngl it sucks for everyone else (except maybe some people on your team) when people in vehicles are going more than 40-1. You know how people were all complaining about JU-88s demolishing teams and going like 80-1 or 100-1? It’s like that. That’s just too far

The tanks right now are too vulnerable at close range and Dice need to find the Goldilocks zone
  • Cropulus
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You need a lot more than that for 40 damage. What I do is throw all C4, throw anti tank granade and press C4 detonator. Switch to panzerfaust if I need to. Heavy tanks sometimes still take one or two rockets to take down.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    are you kidding? tanks are so ****. nothing compared to the heavy tank, assault tank, and putilov from bf1. I would easily, easily go 70-1 or higher. I miss the good ol bf1 days. Bf v tanks are a joke.

Need I say anymore!

Tanks are fine
    Yes for camping... every idiot can get high streakes with tanks atm while just staying away from danger and sniping infantry. Though the impact of tanks is extremely limited due to this meta. I'd rather have tanks which require more skill (less bullet velocity, more bullet drop, but faster mg and turret) instead, while being more capable of pushing.
  • IIIIUNREALIIII
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    Huntbang said:
    Cropulus said:

It's depends on map. On some maps you can get more kills and on some maps you get less kills. In BF1 you have less kills but you have much more influence on round. Now in BF5 you have more kills but your influence on round/battle is reduced. In Bf1 I don't drive tank too often but If I took tank I could change course of round and win. Maybe I was good? IDK. But I remember one guy. Beast. Kaytec89 (Best regards)  Now I can get 50 kills->win round and I can get 50 kills and lose round. I always try to push, kill every tank on map but when my team is bad I can't do more.

When you have above 40-0 enemy assaults start to hunt you. Also many players report your account   and say that you are cheater.

Which tank you use when you break 80? And what kind of map? Huge score. I think killstreak above 80 is a kind of luck. You have skills to do this but a lot of other things must fit together.

y_j_es_i said:
    Cropulus said:

I tank sometimes and ngl it sucks for everyone else (except maybe some people on your team) when people in vehicles are going more than 40-1. You know how people were all complaining about JU-88s demolishing teams and going like 80-1 or 100-1? It’s like that. That’s just too far

The tanks right now are too vulnerable at close range and Dice need to find the Goldilocks zone
    I think it's +- OK now. How many times did you meet good tanker? Really good. This happens very rarely. One mistake, hesitate, wrong decision and you die in tank really quickly.
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh damn it I can’t go 50/0 in tanks anymore.
    Damn you dice!

Maybe just maybe use a little team work with your infantry, it is a team game after all.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 said:
    Oh damn it I can’t go 50/0 in tanks anymore.
    Damn you dice!

Maybe just maybe use a little team work with your infantry, it is a team game after all.
    Its not about making Tanks invincible Behemoths, at least not for me. Its about Balance and Gameplay when having two different systems in one Game which heavily effects just one side.
    Like i wrote above why isnt there any systematic dmage towards Infantry ? Like it was/is in older Shooters like Red Orchestra 2 ? Why is one side facing the attrition while the other is almost never bothered by it ?
  • y_j_es_i
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    Huntbang said:

Cropulus said:

It's depends on map. On some maps you can get more kills and on some
    maps you get less kills. In BF1 you have less kills but you have much more influence
    on round. Now in BF5 you have more kills but your influence on round/battle is
    reduced. In Bf1 I don't drive tank too often but If I took tank I could change
    course of round and win. Maybe I was good? IDK. But I remember one guy. Beast. Kaytec89 (Best regards)  Now I can get 50 kills->win round and I can get
    50 kills and lose round. I always try to push, kill every tank on map but when
    my team is bad I can't do more.

When you have above 40-0 enemy assaults start to
    hunt you. Also many players report your account   and say that you are
    cheater.

Which tank you use when you break 80? And what
    kind of map? Huge score. I think killstreak above 80 is a kind of luck. You have skills to do this but a lot of other things must fit together.y_j_es_i said:

Cropulus said:

I think it's +- OK now. How many times did you meet good tanker? Really good. This happens very rarely. One
    mistake, hesitate, wrong decision and you die in tank really quickly.

I didn’t really play BFI. In BFV 80% of tankers just camp and snipe from afar and they all look just like noobs who’re trying to pad their KD.
    I can beat most tankers in a one on one but every once in a while someone I meet does something smart. That doesnt happen much
    Post edited by y_j_es_i on
  • y_j_es_i
    I think they should

- make the driver’s MGs equivalent to the support MGs, meaning increased bullet speed
    - Increase turret speed a little bit
    - Increase tank shell drop and bullet drop
    - make disabling features harder

The above would make tanks more capable of defending themselves at close range and make them less good at camping, thus encouraging tankers to ptfo and provide close support to infantry as opposed to camp like lil bi***es
  • Woodlbrad
    558 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even worse in firestorm not worth the hassle getting them.
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the tanks in bfv but they need some fix.
    I mean every type of tank has pros and cons.

Light tank - best speed, best maneuverability, fast rof, they are best for kill infantry.
    Medium tank - average speed, maneuverability, rof, they are good for kill infantry and fights tanks
    Heavy tank - best defense but lack of speed they are the best for kill tank but they sucks to fight infantry on close range. And I'm ok with that.

Once again depend on what mode and map you play. Conquest is a pain in the **** for tank because there are no " line of combact" and you can find enemy everywhere..like some assault jumping on your back with at granade and dynamite.. So you have two solutions, pick light or medium tank and try to help infantry on objective or pick heavy tank and camp. Go around in the map alone with heavy tank is a suicide in conquest. Also no one will help tank in conquest because there no necessity to repair a tank when you can cap a undefended point alone.

Instead in breakthrough you can enjoy more a tank, because you can push with team and sometimes people repairing you since tanks are very important assets on this mode.

But for sure tanks need to be fixed in some things in my opinion.

- increase the main ammo to 30 in heavy tank ( since they are slow to get to resupply station and get back to action. Also they are more big and supposed to carry more ammo) and mg to 1000 ( and 750 to medium tank)
    - a specialization that can give the top gunner protected ( and when of hit the turret, the gunner is visible and kil able so you need reapair tank for ripristinate the protection) .
    - increase velocity of mg like Infantry
    - disable turret or tracks when health is below 60%

I like the recent balance between tanks seems works good . However I think the tiger need almost a specialization on covered tracks, who care is not realistic, his track are too big and simple to hit for anyone. At least give some options to the tankers.

Then off we need bug fix like bouncing for no reason, and no hit registration. Also I will report some ricochet on tanks (1 hp ) when I'm shotting with sturmtiger .
  • Oneeyedramb0
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which dev’s in charge of tanks at Dice?

The one that never actually plays the game.

• TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    To make tanks a bit more survivable their armor would have to be increased while also taking a lot less explosive damage, and most of all assault class taking a direct nerf and you all know damn well DICE aren't going to tinker with their most popular OP class...

It would also be GD nice for the reticle to actually hit where you're aiming in third person...It was magnificent in BF1 hitting exactly where I was aiming MOST of the time, but it is complete crap in BFV.
    Post edited by TropicPoison on