Weapon & Gadget Service Stars

gansari
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it just me or do weapons have no real end game? 
Unlocking different camos for the weapons by completing mastery assignments isn't fun in my opinion. Don't really care about weapon camos. 
Reaching level 10 with a weapon isn't difficult at all and was just wondering why service stars have been removed?

I really enjoyed progressing service stars for different weapons and gadgets in previous battlefield titles. 

What does everyone think? Is it possible for service stars to return in the future? 

Comments

• Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No real point to service stars to be honest. I'm sure if they were still available, most support would be running lvl 999 on the Lewis. 
  • VincentNZ
    3776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I go for the mastery dogtag for each weapon, this gives me a kind of goal.
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol I had 100 stars on my mg in bf1. very close to 100 stars on several tanks. I miss the stars, it let's you show off
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za said:
    No real point to service stars to be honest. I'm sure if they were still available, most support would be running lvl 999 on the Lewis. 
    It's the sort of thing that although there might not be much point other than a sense of pride and accomplishment (what is this, a crossover episode?), there's also not much point in removing them and it surely doesn't take that much effort to include them. I for one would like to see more long-term progression - service stars and a higher level cap, to be specific. Stuff that you can work towards in the long run without doing much, just playing the game.
  • ElliotLH
    8797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would love them to make a return. I don't think I'd grind out 100 on a gun again though, as I got really bored using the Federov all the time, but I'd like it for something else to do.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    I missed service stars, it was a nice way to show off how much of a sweatlord you are. There was so much sodium chloride in chat if some player was kicking аss with 100 stars on Automatico/Hellriegel or 10-A Hunter.