Dice is definitely trying to milk the players they have left.

Comments

• AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    "...why people have a problem with others who decide to purchased them."

-CB

people have a problem with this cuz they pre ordered deluxe edition and get nothing...

This is factually incorrect.

Deluxe players DID get exclusive skins. The quality of those skins is debatable but that is a seperate, subjective issue.

And yes, I pre ordered deluxe.

customer satisfaction is meeting consumer expectations with the performance of your product or service. its very much debatable, and in poor taste to even introduce a promotion that would essentially devalue the product purchased previously by your most supportive base. i didnt biy deluxe but doesnt mean i cant care. the deluxe buyers already feel like their product wasnt to their EXPECTATIONS (re-read first sentence).

Pretty bad taste but I guess when your parent company is 134$ million short then any crumb counts.
    Concerning the deluxe edition, I bought the Gold Rush Xbox X limited edition BFV console which came with it, the 5 skins that I got to choose myself was a nice benefit so I agree with others saying that we got "nothing" is untrue. Considering what I DID spend I don't feel like the current promotion of boins for gun and character skins take anything away from me since we did indeed got something. NOW, if we are going to talk about the airdrop skins then that's another discussion. I do feel like that part of the deluxe edition was pretty lackluster in my opinion and think we should had been able to unlock the whole set of whichever skin we wanted whether it be red devil for the appropriate guns or any others you had to pay CC for already in the game. But I still feel like that's a separate issue and not relative to boins to the point where one should feel entitled to compensation because of this specific promotion since we did in fact receive items.
  • Redstripe101
    2748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Redstripe101 said:

Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

xxxCoOlBr33zExxx wrote: »
    "...why people have a problem with others who decide to purchased them."

-CB

people have a problem with this cuz they pre ordered deluxe edition and get nothing...

This is factually incorrect.

Deluxe players DID get exclusive skins. The quality of those skins is debatable but that is a seperate, subjective issue.

And yes, I pre ordered deluxe.

customer satisfaction is meeting consumer expectations with the performance of your product or service. its very much debatable, and in poor taste to even introduce a promotion that would essentially devalue the product purchased previously by your most supportive base. i didnt biy deluxe but doesnt mean i cant care. the deluxe buyers already feel like their product wasnt to their EXPECTATIONS (re-read first sentence).

Pretty bad taste but I guess when your parent company is 134$ million short then any crumb counts.

Concerning the deluxe edition, I bought the Gold Rush Xbox X limited edition BFV console which came with it, the 5 skins that I got to choose myself was a nice benefit so I agree with others saying that we got "nothing" is untrue. Considering what I DID spend I don't feel like the current promotion of boins for gun and character skins take anything away from me since we did indeed got something. NOW, if we are going to talk about the airdrop skins then that's another discussion. I do feel like that part of the deluxe edition was pretty lackluster in my opinion and think we should had been able to unlock the whole set of whichever skin we wanted whether it be red devil for the appropriate guns or any others you had to pay CC for already in the game. But I still feel like that's a separate issue and not relative to boins to the point where one should feel entitled to compensation because of this specific promotion since we did in fact receive items.

I didnt mention compensation. But look at it from a potential purchaser. Will they still buy deluxe or do they spend on BOIN instead because of the percieved value? I'm going to assume they skip deluxe and have money to spend on boin. The fact that info just wast available for anything creates the feeling of intent.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE said:
    Prep768 wrote: »
    I'll never buy boins - these teets ain't for milkin'

A. I’m not sure why op feels the need to spampost about this.

B. Dice needs to release the prosthetic for $100. It would be the only skin worth the price of admission.
    hahaha the irony in this post ;););)
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where are you getting these player Numbers.

Battlefield 1 isn't getting 4 Million players a day. Lmao. Doesn't even break 100,000 a Day.
    haha pulled them outta somewhere? the ****?
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    No one is forcing us to buy Boins, which I vastly appreciate over Premium cause I'm not stuck with a whole bunch of maps I'll never use.

With cross platform sales numbers of around 14 million did the game honestly cost more than $850 million to make? And if it did, why?

Now I know a bunch of those sales aren't at full retail but that's still an absurd amount of money, especially if you're looking at increasing it through either premium or microtransactions.

I'm not saying companies should develop games for free or at cost or whatever but when you're running those sorts of numbers you can't plead poverty and damn well should deliver a game without so many bugs (bugs that seem like they'd be found with basic play testing) or reverting to old bugs with new updates and introducing new bugs. None of the other software I use can get away with such shoddy versions that games can.

You'd be surprised at the cost. For many companies, one of the single biggest outlays is the wage bill and associated employee costs (pensions, benefits etc).

And companies which over spend and are unable to recoup the costs die. If you try squeeze too many for too much you get a backlash.

I work in a multi million dollar company, which has huge equipment and running costs and our largest cost is staffing, so yeah I understand it. The industry is also highly regulated to we are only able to charge a certain amount for our services,, so I fully understand operational budgets and the like. Now I'll admit I'm not in game development but if you're making a game that's costing over half a billion dollars to make, you're probably over spending.

Profit isn't bad, we work on a ROI of about 7%. What are they aiming for? Especially with their live service?

@Stahlmach yeah, a much lower map rate than previous ones, which is why I made the claim above that this is the business model they have chosen, regardless of the method of payment there isn't the content there to unlock. The idea was a large BR map with new cosmetics all the time. The things like the Slay for the Queen, or the incorrect grenades on skins or the overall absurdity of some of the skins shows they are not putting as much work into the skins as they did maps.

And is $50 for the game and $50 for Premium maps which after a very short time no one runs vs $50 for the game and whatever you want to spend on skins but only the base maps better value for money? IMHO if the base maps are good then the time spent on them won't be much of an issue.

• Hawxxeye
    6596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback said:
    And is $50 for the game and $50 for Premium maps which after a very short time no one runs vs $50 for the game and whatever you want to spend on skins but only the base maps better value for money? IMHO if the base maps are good then the time spent on them won't be much of an issue.

Someone suggested that the main reason that the premiums maps would go out of fashion was that they were not put in rotations where both base and premium maps are.
  • ZombieEatingKid
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LOLGotYerTags said:
    I'm going to post,  Not as a moderator,  But as a general BF player.

People complained in BF3 about premium splitting the playerbase.
    People complained in BF4 about premium splitting the playerbase.
    People complained in BF Hardline about premium splitting the playerbase.
    People complained in BF1 about premium splitting the playerbase.

Ok,  DICE and EA heard y'all and went the way of SWBF2 with its live service.

But now you're complaining that a BUSINESS is looking to expand funding for the game to proceed with future content.

Funds have to come from somewhere,  Developers gotta eat/drink/pay bills too you know,  Hell..  They're not making the cash they used to with selling the base game + premium season passes and to fund development of future content,  They can't just sit down twiddling their thumbs expecting it to come from a money tree or to be regurgitated from a venomous snake.

You don't have to purchase BOINS if you don't wish to do so,  Sure..  Somebody in the best squad screen may have a flashy looking character.

So? 

Just be happy in the knowledge that in reality,  Those people using BOINS to purchase cosmetics..  It actually benefits you more than it does them..  It's not like they can see it while playing,  Right?  RIIIIGHT?

I wish Premium was back. Live Service will hurt the game in a long run. It already created some mess and bfv is only 6 months old.

Bfv is on life support,. Do we turn the machine off yet?
    No, let's milk this cow, until her teets are empty, then pull the plug ...,..........,.. ...... ........,.. all clear...... Boom.....no pulse......
    Calling it.........zzzzzzzzzzzz......
  • Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But now you're complaining that a BUSINESS is looking to expand funding for the game to proceed with future content.

Funds have to come from somewhere,  Developers gotta eat/drink/pay bills too you know,  Hell..  They're not making the cash they used to with selling the base game + premium season passes and to fund development of future content,  They can't just sit down twiddling their thumbs expecting it to come from a money tree or to be regurgitated from a venomous snake.

You don't have to purchase BOINS if you don't wish to do so,  Sure..  Somebody in the best squad screen may have a flashy looking character.

So? 

Just be happy in the knowledge that in reality,  Those people using BOINS to purchase cosmetics..  It actually benefits you more than it does them..  It's not like they can see it while playing,  Right?  RIIIIGHT?

They could have gotten more "funds" if they released a finished game.
    Ever think about that?
    It's not our fault they did a **** job, now they want us to pay for it?
    Hahahaha ha!
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Kayback said:

Someone suggested that the main reason that the premiums maps would go out of fashion was that they were not put in rotations where both base and premium maps are.

That.... That is an entirely possible scenario. I don't recall any DLC servers running base game maps too, but my memory is very fallible.
  • Hawxxeye
    6596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback said:
    Kayback said:

That.... That is an entirely possible scenario. I don't recall any DLC servers running base game maps too, but my memory is very fallible.

It is part of the reason that DICE is petrified of keeping custom rotations in BFV available for long. They worry that custom rotations with fewer maps either split the players unevenly or they get abandoned
  • Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i loved bf1 but 4 MILLION!? hahahaha
  • ElliotLH
    8817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback said:
    Kayback said:

In BF1 it was the mixed servers which had both but those did come towards the end (before Apocalypse? Fallible memory for me too lol). It would have been quite good if the actual DLC servers had vanilla maps too but then I guess that was the point? 
  • ragnarok013
    3541 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    *snip*

I wish Premium was back. Live Service will hurt the game in a long run. It already created some mess and bfv is only 6 months old.
    Me too buddy,  Me too.

It pretty much guaranteed X maps and X weapons/game modes for your cash.

It's kinda hard for DICE or EA to know what we,  The players want.

We had paid DLC / Premium   >>  RAAWR it's splitting the community.
    Free DLC / Live Service >> RAAWR we're not getting enough content.

Unfortunately we can't have our cake AND eat it.
    I agree LOLGotYerTags Even in the best live service model I've ever played, Overwatch, content comes in slow and sparingly unlinke in games with season passes which is why I was and still am a Premium pass model supporter. Plus a premium pass told me exactly how much content I was paying for which I like.
  • Hawxxeye
    *snip*

Me too buddy,  Me too.

I agree LOLGotYerTags Even in the best live service model I've ever played, Overwatch, content comes in slow and sparingly unlinke in games with season passes which is why I was and still am a Premium pass model supporter. Plus a premium pass told me exactly how much content I was paying for which I like.
    just for reference, the season pass does not always guarantee they will deliver what is promised. in FF15 several DLC were canceled after the director left, that game did have a season pass. It is an extreme case but I thought I should point it out
  • ElliotLH
    8817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    *snip*

Me too buddy,  Me too.

just for reference, the season pass does not always guarantee they will deliver what is promised. in FF15 several DLC were canceled after the director left, that game did have a season pass. It is an extreme case but I thought I should point it out
    It also doesn't necessarily mean quality or value for money of course. Looking at you Far Cry 5 season pass.
  • Kayback
    I have to admit I've never had an issue with the CONTENT/QUALITY of Battlefield DLC. It has been the limited opportunity to play said quality DLC.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Naskoni wrote: »
    LOLGotYerTags said:

So? 

Oh, please, give me a break! Not this worn off drivel about the poor starving developers that would literally have to sleep in a railroad station should we not buy overpriced cosmetics to support the poor souls...
    It hasn't been the case for probably longer than you have been alive. The issue nowadays isn't about making enough money to pay development costs and dev salaries, but to make as many billions as humanly possible so the ones at the top and the majority share holders can become as rich as they can. They, also, won't die hungry, don't worry. Developers won't receive neither more nor less money at the end of the month irrespective of how much overpriced pixels are bought or not.

All this crap about "supporting" the devs is nothing but BS, it's like asking to support the billionaire next door with whatever you can spare. If EA can afford to have one of the most overpaid CEOs on the planet they are not in any danger of needing "support" any time soon.
    As for the rest of your post - the Premium model split the playerbase, and that was the problem. Now we don't split the playerbase but we also don't get even a fraction of the content we got under the old model. Yet we have to pay for all cosmetics (anything non-epic is irrelevant as they are all crap) with prices akin to a free-to-play game, which this most definitely is not.

Wow you really think the devs are billionaires? Because they are not. Just a little fact about this is that most dev jobs are in certain areas in which because of the tech boom have become so outrageously prices that it becomes impossible to even live their for devs. Most have to share living spaces just to be able to afford rent. Silicon Valley has made areas unaffordable to many no matter their salaries. Even police in that area have to drive 3 hours one way simply to be able to afford a place. Oh and I am pretty sure some went to college and we all know how cheap university can be.

But also what about the true overhead? Servers, tech support, marketing, office space to name a few. Oh and they also have to pay professional sound engineers and other needed contracting services when needed. If this games generates 100 million in revenue they may still have 300 million in overhead. If you think being a AAA developer makes them feel they can be lazy and greedy then you are wrong because it actually forces more of a stress to generate the millions invested and have everyone happy. People only invest if they feel like they will compensated for it and yes game development is extremely expensive for a AAA title.

Now hopefully you are more informed because if you did the tiniest of research before you claim every dev is bill gates then maybe your view on that would have changed.
  • ragnarok013
    3541 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hawxxeye said:
    *snip*

Me too buddy,  Me too.

Hawxxeye With Battlefield DICE always delivered the content that they promised\advertised with Premium. I own FFXV and really enjoyed it. They delivered on their season pass, it was the unplanned Season pass number two that was cancelled just like what happened in BF4 when DICE was considering a season pass number two after Hardline flatlined. We did however get one DLC from the cancelled second season pass in FFXV so it's still a win for fans just not exactly what we wanted.

• BaronVonGoon
    7008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The days I used to spend hours at work crunching symthic BF weapon stats and posting on the forum and counting the minutes to get home and load up BF4 for 4-5 hour play sessions... Long gone.

Like a completely different franchise.