"BFV is lacking content"

Comments

• Huntbang
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bf1 had amazing launch maps though. The premium wasn't a complete scam and dlc maps were nice and refreshing albeit a bit forgettable. I wish people didn't complain about premium. We would've had tons of new maps already
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Ok Dice, we get. You're trying to to convince us that you're not screwing us over, ain't gonna though.
    If you're following recent forum discussions closely, you have obviously noticed that OP is doing nothing but constantly shilling for Dice like it's the best developer in the world and made no mistakes. There is no possible way to discuss things with him.
    llPhantom_Limbll no need to get personal, you can disagree with the OP without resorting to "shill accusations".
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok Dice, we get. You're trying to to convince us that you're not screwing us over, ain't gonna though.
    If you're following recent forum discussions closely, you have obviously noticed that OP is doing nothing but constantly shilling for Dice like it's the best developer in the world and made no mistakes. There is no possible way to discuss things with him.
    llPhantom_Limbll no need to get personal, you can disagree with the OP without resorting to "shill accusations".
    That was just a tiny remark and I didn't want to get personal. Yet I have no will to discuss anything with OP because stated reasons.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Huntbang said:
    bf1 had amazing launch maps though. The premium wasn't a complete scam and dlc maps were nice and refreshing albeit a bit forgettable. I wish people didn't complain about premium. We would've had tons of new maps already

This is not fully correct. As in my first post in this thread illustrates, TSNP arrived pretty late itself, in BF3/4 DLC came mostly "on time". By this time we would have had four more maps, this is true in BF1, but much less other content, like weapons, vehicles, customization, features, modes, etc..
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can argue a lot of things about this game. Lack of content is not one. Please just stop, you're embarrassing yourself now.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    VincentNZ said:
    Huntbang said:

This is not fully correct. As in my first post in this thread illustrates, TSNP arrived pretty late itself, in BF3/4 DLC came mostly "on time". By this time we would have had four more maps, this is true in BF1, but much less other content, like weapons, vehicles, customization, features, modes, etc..
    Who cares about cosmetics, modes etc? And no, BF1 had exact same amount of vehicles when TSNP dropped. 4 tanks, 3 planes and a bunch of transports. Not to mention there were multiple models of the same plane type to accommodate different factions.
  • MarxistDictator
    5251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 also added a free gadget (grenade crossbow) and a map (Giant's Shadow) for free before TNSP. So its like we got the best of both models back then. Just as much free stuff + quality DLC content? BFV's added guns are 50% no effort/logic WW1 guns.
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Huntbang said:

BF3 had the perfect DLC pace. BF4 was way too fast, and for whatever reason they glossed over Hardline's model (itself basically a repeat of BF3, 1 month delay after launch and then every 3 months from the last). Then BF1 was too slow.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That was just a tiny remark and I didn't want to get personal. Yet I have no will to discuss anything with OP because stated reasons.
    If you have no will to discuss anything with me, why say anything at all?
  • Trokey66
    9142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    aRrAyStArTaT0 said:

YourLocalPlumber said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 said:

Panzerratte_93 said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 said:
    Lets actually tally them up.
    BFV released as of 4/8/2019
    How
    many weapons? VGO MMG, Selbstlader 1906, AG m/42 AR, M1897 shotgun,
    Ribeyerolles 1918 AR, ZK-383 SMG, Modele 1944 AR, M1922 MMG, MKIII
    bolt-action rifle; total 9
    Vehicles? Sturmgeschutz IV tank, Archer tank, Mosquito MK IV, Ju88c; total 4
    Maps? Firestorm, Panzerstorm; total 2
    Game Modes? Firestorm, Rush, Combined Arms; total 3Grand total: 18 new items39 weapons available as of this date.
    BF1 as of DLC 1 released
    1 DLC with:Weapons? Ribeyrolles 1918, RSC1917, Lebel Model 1886, Chauchat, Sjogren Inertial, and Mle 1903; total 6Vehicles? Saint-Chamond and Char 2C; total 2Maps? Fort de Vaux, Soissons, Rupture, Verdun Hights; total 4Game modes? Frontlines; total 1New Campaign; Prise De Tahure; total 1Grand Total: 14 new itemsBF1 had ~20 iirc (feel free to correct me here) before the first DLC.
    I'm
    kind of unsure as to how people feel like there's a lack of content
    here. There's MORE content in this game than ever. More customization.
    More guns. More everything except maps. BF1 launched with 9 maps and 6
    modes. BFV launched with 8 maps and has had more content dropped in
    identical time periods over BF1..It's difficult
    for me to see that it's literally not maps anymore. It's something else.
    Requesting this is not very good of you guys as a community..(I'm obviously leaving out cosmetics because it'd be a little bit unfair in BFV's favor otherwise.)

Thanks for your comparison (I didn´t know, that we got so much new stuff). In my opinion we should not compare the two games by their general amount of Content, but instead compare every Kind of Content, so we can get a better Picture of what the majority of the Players thinks is the Problem with "the lack of Content". 
    Lets try to sum Things up: 
    Which of this two games has had fewer Problems with this "lack of Content"-Thing nearly everybody is complaining About? What are the differences between These games in fact of the Kind of new Content? 
    Lets say:   Bf1 was subjective seen better than BFV. The differences are: BF1 had have less weapons, less vehicles, less gamemodes, but more Maps. So, it could be, that the Major amount of Players can´t see, that in General bfv have more Content, because for them it is more important to have more Maps. 
    I totaly agree that we got a lot of stuff in BFV till now, but - as hard it sounds - this won´t help if the subjective opinion of the playerbase isn´t changing by bringing them the stuff they want. 
    Also the mainquestion is, if bf1 was realy better as bfv now is? If it is the other way arround you can see, that the exisiting System of providing new Content works.   

The problem here is that BF1 has 1 more map than BFV did at launch. Both games got +1 map before March. In March, BF1 got a DLC with 4 maps. BFV got firestorm which, according to developers, is the equivalent of ~5 maps in size and detail. In addition, we are getting 2 maps in the coming months in new settings. It's extremely difficult for me to understand why players think there's a lack of content.

Dude I **** love that argument. "Firestorm counts as 10 Hamadas". Oh really? In this case, Devastation only counts as 1/4 of a map, Fjell counts as 1/4 of a map,  Arras counts as 1/2 of a map. If we put it together, BF5 only started with 4 or maps.

Where is that developer who compared map sizes, bring him here and tell him how small maps are compared to Hamada.

The comparison of maps to weapons is already active in this thread. They say they aren't 1 in the same. Yet, for some reason, a map that's like, 2x the size of Hamada and some developers are admitting it took 5x the work of a normal map so they obviously aren't 1:1.

Because Firestorm is not relevant for many players beyond the initial draw. I have played ten rounds, won eight and have not touched it again. As a conquest player every resource that went into the development of SP, Coop and Firestorm is wasted. The next content drop that really has an effect on me is Mercury and that is still 50 days away, meaning 150 or so days without any addition in that regard, for me and any player that has a similar mindset and definition of BF. And that is the story of BFV, they try to develop the biggest iteration in the franchise, and what we get is an immense feature bloat with no meaningful addition to the genre. Firestorm is fine, yet nothing new when compared to the things we saw in the last two years. Coop is a complete waste, objectively. SP is an up and down experience resulting in a mediocre experience. Next chapter we have the next new thing that is most likely half-****. The 5vs5 competitive mode, that has not worked in BF4 or 1 before. That allegedly comes with five maps that could be unique and that is again a waste, because the game lacks the basic foundation of competitive gaming: Community features, a ladder, an organisation that supports a comp mode. Heck in BF3 and 4 we had the ESL, and that was never hugely popular, yet they think without any support this will work.In order to make players return and keep them playing as well, they need to expand the base game, not create a bunch more unique game experiences that are niche at best (excluding Firestorm, because the BR market is ridiculously HUGE).

You cannot discount any of the things you listed as 'content' just because you don't like them.

I dislike TDM, Domination and Squad Conquest and only played the first campaign level for the cricket bat but don't discount them. Not do I think they are a 'waste of resource' because I know there are plenty who do like them.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is it with this Forum that you cannot correct your own Posts on misspelling with the whole Post being ereased ?! Its really annoying!
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Doublepost.

Thank you Moderator for surely getting my Post back.

• Stahlmach
    bran1986 said:
    Nice try DICE :disappointed:

What do you mean "DICE"?

I think he believes the OP is a sock puppet.
    They do and it's discouraging. I don't work with or for DICE. I do work in the industry. I am working towards a CS masters degree. I do understand how stupidly difficult software, especially with literally millions of possibilities and thousands of things that can go wrong can be. I'm tired of seeing NOTHING on the forums except for stupid criticism of DICE and pointless hate of their product that's misdirected. From users DIRECTLY insulting developers by calling them "lazy" or even insulting them out right, it's behavior that should not be tolerated.
    There's a solid difference between criticism of a product and insult of it's creator.

Oh i can and will critize the Creator when he wants my money and isnt willing to learn anything from his previous and current mistakes. And no for that i dont have to be part of that Industry.
    But what i know from my working experience and that of my company with the Software industry is that " normal " Software companies dont see the Quality Assurance department as some nuisance that should be done by amateurs or by a minimum staff.
    And yes of course the Gaming Costumer is different. Or hopefully he was. Because in no other industry and product would parts of the Costumer defend such an unfinished product and even trying to convince other costumers that they should be thankful for that.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach said:
    bran1986 said:

What do you mean "DICE"?

They do and it's discouraging. I don't work with or for DICE. I do work in the industry. I am working towards a CS masters degree. I do understand how stupidly difficult software, especially with literally millions of possibilities and thousands of things that can go wrong can be. I'm tired of seeing NOTHING on the forums except for stupid criticism of DICE and pointless hate of their product that's misdirected. From users DIRECTLY insulting developers by calling them "lazy" or even insulting them out right, it's behavior that should not be tolerated.
    There's a solid difference between criticism of a product and insult of it's creator.

Oh i can and will critize the Creator when he wants my money and isnt willing to learn anything from his previous and current mistakes. And no for that i dont have to be part of that Industry.
    But what i know from my working experience and that of my company with the Software industry is that " normal " Software companies dont see the Quality Assurance department as some nuisance that should be done by amateurs or by a minimum staff.
    And yes of course the Gaming Costumer is different. Or hopefully he was. Because in no other industry and product would parts of the Costumer defend such an unfinished product and even trying to convince other costumers that they should be thankful for that.
    To say it doesn't weaken your argument is really untrue. If I was buying a lawnmower from you, you wouldn't expect me to just make fun of and insult you right??
  • ShakLaks
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too many unwanted content in this game,  i.e female models, firestorm , and a combination of lacklustre maps . This game wont last 6 months. Where the hell is RSP ??. Daddy EA not handing over funds to DICE due to the big L they took on Battlefront 2 or what ?
  • Stahlmach
    Stahlmach said:
    bran1986 said:

What do you mean "DICE"?

To say it doesn't weaken your argument is really untrue. If I was buying a lawnmower from you, you wouldn't expect me to just make fun of and insult you right??

I wouldnt sell you a broken Lawnmover because not only want i sell Quality but i want you to keep as a Costumer. Which would for sure lower the possibility of being mocked by you or other costumers.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    Huntbang said:

Who cares about customization, modes etc? And no, BF1 had exact same amount of vehicles when TSNP dropped. 4 tanks, 3 planes and a bunch of transports.
    I think you are underestimating the draw of these little things. ToW is actually pretty generous with giving out content. In terms of BF1 one could argue that, the variations we have in BF5 are somewhat more different than the variations in tanks of BF1, also people always forget the Pakwagen, Sturmtiger and Crocodile. STUG, Archer, Churchill Gun Carrier are quite intriguing additions, too. Also the Stuka plays different to the Mosquito and the JU different than the Blenheim.
    One should also not forget the last SP episode, Coop and Firestorm that released, it is content, although quality varies greatly and it should have been in the basegame. BFV is an underperformer in all regards, the sheer amount of content is immense though.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    Stahlmach said:
    Stahlmach said:
    bran1986 said:

What do you mean "DICE"?

I wouldnt sell you a broken Lawnmover because not only want i sell Quality but i want you to keep as a Costumer. Which would for sure lower the possibility of being mocked by you or other costumers.
    If you're so upset about the content of this game, don't buy another.