Everything in this game for a quite while kills me in 10th of a second...

Comments

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Obviously there's netcode issues at play, but I think the TTK plays into this as well because it's just so fast. Yes, a headshot with a bolt-action should kill you, and so should the other stuff that is an intended OHK, but even when you don't have netcode/TTD/lag issues the gunfights are almost nonexistent because for the most part, you don't really have a chance to react before you die when someone shoots at you. It's pretty ridiculous at times, and while I think BFV should remain a fast-paced game in terms of gunplay, maybe tone it down a little? It's the fastest TTK of any Battlefield game ever, or at least in the past three or four versions, with a faster TTK on paper than BF4. BF4 also had more spread so more missed shots, so actually in practice BFV's gunplay is even faster than BF4 in practice. 
    I did make a discussion about this a few weeks ago which got quite a lot of attention, although I'm not sure if any devs saw it. There was some negative responses (although come to think of it, none had much substance... They were largely 'get good' type responses as opposed to coherent arguments), but the majority of the 300+ responses were in agreement that you just die too quickly in this game
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well pumping bullets in a small area accuractely and fast has never been more easy in BF5. The weapons need more sway and alot more recoil imo.

Its a sad world when the recoil is as it has always been but removing bloom creates this image of laser beams. I think people have gotten too use to random spray patterns when that was only introduced to help nerf good players to give new players a chance.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    748 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Since I have changed my DNS servers on my PS4 I don't have a lot of TTD issues anymore.

Only when some OOR players with ping above 80ms join the server I am playing on I have 1 frame deaths when they shoot at me.

Too bad even Firestorm is not Region/unstable high ping locked.
    If you don't mind my asking, what DNS servers are you using?

I changed mine to Googles, it's slightly better.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Since I have changed my DNS servers on my PS4 I don't have a lot of TTD issues anymore.

Only when some OOR players with ping above 80ms join the server I am playing on I have 1 frame deaths when they shoot at me.

DNS servers should not affect gameplay as a DNS query is not needed if you already know the IP address of the host you're trying to reach. The game knows the exact IP of EA/DICE servers and the IPs of all the clients connected to that server.

You don't need search a phonebook for a number that you already know.
  • Woodlbrad
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    The fully automatic sturmgewehr 1-5 isnta kills me all the time.
  • Hawxxeye
    5218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another symptom of this TTD delay is that if you get headshoted by a sniper you fall over dead before you can even see that guys bullet traveling to you.
  • dayglowfroggy
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You see bullets!
  • IDazzlerazzle
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic said:
    faponit wrote: »

xXHamatoYoshiXx said:
    Let me further iterate that in the event you did die in a tenth of a second that I am willing to bet that it was a head shot with a sniper, an accurate rifle grenade blast or rpg, or a shotgun at close range.

I think you shouldn't be betting because that would be a loss every single time 

1st video 

30fps dead in 4 frames, thats 8 frames ingame.... 100% damage in 8 frames 

https://streamable.com/biuwl

2nd video
    100% damage in 8 frames despite

https://streamable.com/9q9b3

I receive damage so fast game doesn't even have time to render hit indicator !!!!

https://i.imgur.com/LVGyDr9.jpg

50% health gone between 2 frames, game just starting to draw damage indicator and I'm already pretty much dead 

Semi autos on assault class melt me with 1 sometimes 2 bullets anywhere  

In the first clip, you get hit three times. First by the Sten, then from behind, by a bolt-action or something, and then by the Sten again. In the second clip, you get hit twice in the head, by the Sturmgewehr 1-5, which is enough to kill you in that range.

The 1-5 fires at 670 rounds per minute, so assuming two bullets in a row hit you, there’s around 90 milliseconds between the two hits. I count four frames between the first and second hit, and @ 30 fps, that’s roughly 133 milliseconds.

This is literally working as intended, in these clips. It may be frustrating, but it’s the way it’s designed. One thing that might be considered “off”, is that you got hit twice in the head, while on the move. Lucky shots?

Nobody else shot at me in the hangar besides the person in front of me , hit markers are glitched for some time now and they appear from all directions 
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic said:

xXHamatoYoshiXx said:

Let me further iterate that in the event you did die in a tenth of a second that I am willing to bet that it was a head shot with a sniper, an accurate rifle grenade blast or rpg, or a shotgun at close range.

I think you shouldn't be betting because that would be a loss every single time 

1st video 

30fps dead in 4 frames, thats 8 frames ingame.... 100% damage in 8 frames 

https://streamable.com/biuwl

2nd video

100% damage in 8 frames despite

https://streamable.com/9q9b3

I receive damage so fast game doesn't even have time to render hit indicator !!!!

https://i.imgur.com/LVGyDr9.jpg

50% health gone between 2 frames, game just starting to draw damage indicator and I'm already pretty much dead 

Semi autos on assault class melt me with 1 sometimes 2 bullets anywhere  

In the first clip, you get hit three times. First by the Sten, then from behind, by a bolt-action or something, and then by the Sten again. In the second clip, you get hit twice in the head, by the Sturmgewehr 1-5, which is enough to kill you in that range.

The 1-5 fires at 670 rounds per minute, so assuming two bullets in a row hit you, there’s around 90 milliseconds between the two hits. I count four frames between the first and second hit, and @ 30 fps, that’s roughly 133 milliseconds.

This is literally working as intended, in these clips. It may be frustrating, but it’s the way it’s designed. One thing that might be considered “off”, is that you got hit twice in the head, while on the move. Lucky shots?

Nobody else shot at me in the hangar besides the person in front of me , hit markers are glitched for some time now and they appear from all directions 

How can you be sure? The indicator under the big C shows that there are more than one enemy on the objective, the second hit did 50+ damage, something the Sten can’t do even with a headshot, and the hit marker show you were shot from behind. All things point to you being shot by a second enemy.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    748 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Jumpy-B-L said:
    NLBartmaN said:

DNS servers should not affect gameplay as a DNS query is not needed if you already know the IP address of the host you're trying to reach. The game knows the exact IP of EA/DICE servers and the IPs of all the clients connected to that server.

Back to the drawing board then, do you have any advice on how to get a less laggy experience out of BFV? 

My ping is around 11 with a Lan. I'm definitely not tech savvy enough but I was able to perform some tests on my internet connection and they came back as being optimal. 
    I'm not sure what else I can do at the moment. 
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    Jumpy-B-L said:

BFB-LeCharybdis wrote: »
    NLBartmaN said:

Back to the drawing board then, do you have any advice on how to get a less laggy experience out of BFV? 

My ping is around 11 with a Lan. I'm definitely not tech savvy enough but I was able to perform some tests on my internet connection and they came back as being optimal. 

Nothing you can do but grin and bear it. This is especially true on console where you have the new TTK model with 30Hz servers. It's going to feel bad.

Feels bad and inconsistent even at 120FPS on 60Hz servers on PC. I can't even imagine playing at 30FPS, 30Hz and having a good time with this TTK.
  • ackers75
    2287 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L said:

BFB-LeCharybdis wrote: »
    NLBartmaN said:

It’s not your connection but just poor netcode.
    I have 9ms connection to eu servers and it’s plain awful.
  • grrlpurple
    793 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dropped onto a server with 90 ping and had a blast. Every bullet connected and I had time to react to shots. Next game on a different server I got my usual 17 ping and it felt like I was shooting paper bullets and got one shot killed by everything. This makes no sense to me.
  • Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    NLBartmaN said:
    #EveryonesBattlefield

High and unstable ping players without local servers must be able to play everywhere ... even when that kills servers and players with normal connection get melted within 10th of a second by bundled hits by some player they could not see and hear because that info was not yet delivered to the server ...

2 patches ago they changed some things (TTD "fix"), like hit reg thresholds, but those seem to be gone again after some complaints of high and unstable pingers ...

The problem is DICE/EA are to tight to provide enough servers for every place around the world but are happy to sell to every corner of the earth.  Contractually/legally - not sure about the right term, they would then i assume have to allow everyone who bought the game access to the multiplayer.

This is how I see it. If you're willing to sell your game in said part of the world, it is also your obligation to provide them with local servers.
    Sadly this is not always the case.
  • G-Gnu
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dropped onto a server with 90 ping and had a blast. Every bullet connected and I had time to react to shots. Next game on a different server I got my usual 17 ping and it felt like I was shooting paper bullets and got one shot killed by everything. This makes no sense to me.
    Welcome to Battlefield franchise since BF3.
  • TFBisquit
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lag compensation where low ping is on the wrong end of the stick.
  • NLBartmaN
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L said:
    NLBartmaN said:

I used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyojsxHfB4o&list=WL&index=2&t=4s and determined that 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 were the best for me.

With non virtual gameservers with static IP adress the statement about the phonebook is right, but I think with the Amazon domain and virtual servers that go up and down things are different.

For me it made a huge difference (hear a lot more footsteps, a lot less TTD 1 frame issues and have time to react/take cover after the first hit of a below 60 ping player), so give it a try.
  • bran1986
    5602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    grrlpurple wrote: »

I've had the opposite experience. Playing on EU servers my shots don't register at all and every gun will ohk me. Going back to US servers feels much better.
  • grrlpurple
    793 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

I've had the opposite experience. Playing on EU servers my shots don't register at all and every gun will ohk me. Going back to US servers feels much better.

Well I'm in the UK so usually get my lowest ping on eu servers... Perhaps it is the eu servers that are the issue?
  • bran1986
    5602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Well I'm in the UK so usually get my lowest ping on eu servers... Perhaps it is the eu servers that are the issue?

I'm not sure. @MachoFantast1c0 played with me on my servers and he was having similar issues. For me when I play on the EU servers it feels my experience differs from server to server or even match to match. I can go from my shots registering just fine and every time i'm hit I can feel the individual bullets. Then the next round I can put a whole magazine into someone and get nothing and I'm getting ohk from everything, including pistols.