This Week in Battlefield V

Getting Low FPS for no reason with high-end system

HalseyXcX
6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited April 6
Hi guys i will be so thankful if you help me in this one, sorry for bad english!
My specs :
GPU : AMD RX460 4GB OC (not my but OC the Company)
CPU : Ryzen 5 1400 Quad Core (4 Core 8 Threads)
RAM : 8GB ddr 4

Tell me if you need more specs
Im witnessing it maybe a misunderstandig of the game because when i type
DrawScreenInfo
In the game says : 8 Core 4 Job threads !!!!!!!!
Unlike my CPU Specs!
Im kinda witnessing in Bottleneck too but the whole confusing part is :
Everyone in the youtube having 60-144 fps in their games with exact same specs, even my friend with a rusty cpu and gpu (gt730...corei3) played at high!
I paid for this game and this game is no fun in 35-40 fps.
Note: im not having problem in Domination, frontlines, TDM modes just operations and conquests!
Help guys

Post edited by HalseyXcX on

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well, I'm assuming you meant ddr4, since ddr3 is not supported on that cpu. It's also extremely important to have at least two sticks of ram in dual channel. The graphics card is an entry level gaming card. It's plenty to run at 1080 at 60 fps, but not too much more than that without turning down the graphics settings.
  • HalseyXcX
    Well, I'm assuming you meant ddr4, since ddr3 is not supported on that cpu. It's also extremely important to have at least two sticks of ram in dual channel. The graphics card is an entry level gaming card. It's plenty to run at 1080 at 60 fps, but not too much more than that without turning down the graphics settings.
    yes sorry for my mistake and i should have 2 ram in my system? that will fix the problems?

• Titan_Awaken
    728 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HalseyXcX said:
    yes sorry for my mistake and i should have 2 ram in my system? that will fix the problems?

Yes, get another 8GB stick (same model, same brand, frequency etc) and your performance should increase overall.
  • BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 6
    Yes, the game does not perform well with a single stick. It really needs to be running in dual channel. Download and run cpu-z to verify how many sticks you have. It'll also tell you what speed it is in case you need to buy another stick.
  • mitch_dog16
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    to be honist im having problems with my game aswell and i have a 2018 razer blade pro im getting realy bad lag spikes 
  • uz_bolderaju
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    your system is low-mid end and thats why you have performance problems in BF1
  • HalseyXcX
    your system is low-mid end and thats why you have performance problems in BF1
    my cousin got the game and run it on HIGH setting in 720p with this specs : 
    Nvidia gt730
    ram 8 one channel
    Cpu fx6300
    he can have 60 FPS with this system and i cannot? why?
    i tested it on 720p - 900p - 1080p
    Ultra settings - High - Medium - Low 
    makes no difference it give me 35-45 FPS i dunno why !
    i had 60 fps in story mode on Ultra btw
  • HalseyXcX
    Yes, the game does not perform well with a single stick. It really needs to be running in dual channel. Download and run cpu-z to verify how many sticks you have. It'll also tell you what speed it is in case you need to buy another stick.
    is this the 100% solution? Does it solve the problem?
    cuz I gotta pay for that you know and I'm kinda in a bad situation!
  • uz_bolderaju
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7
    in console :        perfoverlay.drawgraph 1

run MSI Afterburner overlay and you will see cpu , gpu and ram usage in real time  

then sell your potato and buy minimum 8 core cpu !

• HalseyXcX

run MSI Afterburner overlay and you will see cpu , gpu and ram usage in real time  

i don't understand you i have much better than minimal requirements of the game . my friends playing this game with bulllshit i3s and i5s .
    and i checked the realtime usages with MSI , nothing strange , normal !
  • uz_bolderaju
    what are your graphic settings ? resolution scale ? cpu , gpu , ram usage in conquest 64 ?
  • BigF33t_13
    edited April 7

That is the dumbest advice anyone can give. You DO NOT NEED 8 cores to run this game well. You need a balanced system. I can run high settings at 1080 and easily get 60 fps with my "potato". Please get a little knowledge before making inane comments like that.
  • HalseyXcX
    what are your graphic settings ? resolution scale ? cpu , gpu , ram usage in conquest 64 ?
    auto setting that means Medium , but i played storymode on ultra 60 fps without any problem and res scale is 100%
    CPU Usage : 60-80%
    Ram Usage : 7199(Max)
    GPU : 100%
  • uz_bolderaju
    perfoverlay.drawgraph 1     is flat or have huge spikes ?
  • BigF33t_13
    HalseyXcX said:

Ram Usage : 7199(Max)

That's a major issue there. With 8gb of ram I max out at 6.2gb. Again, you MUST have dual channel ram. And you have to make sure all your programs are closed out (especially your browser). 8gb is doable but you have to have a very lean running system to do it. You're hitting your swap file when you max out your ram, and that for sure will cause lower frame rates and stuttering.
  • Titan_Awaken
    728 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That is the dumbest advice anyone can give. You DO NOT NEED 8 cores to run this game well. You need a balanced system. I can run high settings at 1080 and easily get 60 fps with my "potato". Please get a little knowledge before making inane comments like that.
    Don't bother, lol.

This is the same dude that said 100FPS looks "bad" on a 240Hz screen compared to say a 144 or 165Hz screen. 

HalseyXcX said:

i don't understand you i have much better than minimal requirements of the game . my friends playing this game with bulllshit i3s and i5s .
    and i checked the realtime usages with MSI , nothing strange , normal !
    There's no way around it, my friend. I was in the exact same situation as you last year except I had an i5-7400 + 16GB dual channel and I stll got very bad drops into the 30s and 40s or below no matter the setting, ultra, high or low. It was only when I upgraded to an i7-7700K that it stopped even though I tried software "fixes" for months straight without success.
  • HalseyXcX
    perfoverlay.drawgraph 1     is flat or have huge spikes
    yes it have spikes
  • Titan_Awaken
    HalseyXcX said:
    perfoverlay.drawgraph 1     is flat or have huge spikes
    yes it have spikes
    Yeah, that's not good. It either means your CPU or GPU is maxing out which is causing the bad performance.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1779 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Uh.. This is bad advice..
  • EL_CID_0487
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem from some days ago. I played normally between 75fps to 90fps on Ultra with all maxed out. My specs are I7 3770 - 16GB RAM DDR3 1600Mhz - GTX 1060 6GB. I cant get more than 40fps on ultra already. I reinstalled Nvidia Drivers and BF1 but have the same problem. Its strange because BFV run normally. I dont have any idea that whats going on. Help please.