Weekly BF

Set Future Frame Rendering to OFF = BAD PERFORMANCE

GODtreev0r
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 9
If i turn this on it increase my frames (30/40) but also add alot of input lag.

wtf is wrong with this game?
stuttering, input lag, bad performance even with low settings.

Comments

• BassMan_PC
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try playing in DX12 as you don't have to use FFR to get full GPU usage.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With dx12, FFR is on and can't be switched off. That's my understanding at least.

Try switching FFR on and limiting pre-remdered frames to 1 in Nvidia Control Panel. Performance really dependsn on the hardware, so knowing your system specs would be helpful too.

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    563 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With dx12, FFR is on and can't be switched off. That's my understanding at least.

Try switching FFR on and limiting pre-remdered frames to 1 in Nvidia Control Panel. Performance really dependsn on the hardware, so knowing your system specs would be helpful too.

• Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Your CPU ain't up to snuff.
  • Upgrayedd_98
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jumpy-B-L said:

Nah, I'm rocking a 9900k and 2080TI and with future frame rending off still get poor CPU/GPU utilization and lower FPS than I should. Usually ~ 100fps on my 1440p 144hz monitor. The game has some serious issues still. 
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    Jumpy-B-L said:

Segura_o_Macro wrote: »

Nah, I'm rocking a 9900k and 2080TI and with future frame rending off still get poor CPU/GPU utilization and lower FPS than I should. Usually ~ 100fps on my 1440p 144hz monitor. The game has some serious issues still. 

100 FPS with only one frame being pre-rendered at a time by CPU is actually pretty damn good.

You can try setting max pre-rendered frames to "2" in for BFV profile in NVCP for a good middle ground. Leave future frame rendering on in game otherwise game will still only pre render 1 frame.

Game is CPU heavy. It's smart to let CPU do as much as it can per cycle. Otherwise you're wasting its potential.
  • Mhill2029
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Something I noticed is that if you set the game to max fidelity, rather than Custom/Ultra FFR can be modified. Go figure...

• G-Gnu
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    David Sirland
    "PSA: Future frame rendering OFF will test your system heavily - and esp the cpu to gpu power relation. With no respite from rendering 3 frames at a time, any bottleneck in cpu will show heavily when used. So only use this if input lag is more imp than fps, and your fps >90 or so."