BF V uniforms and outfits does they look like world war 2 ?

AristidesIV
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hello everybody .this will be a bit long post so thanks in advance to the people who will read it.
This is also a post about cosmetics and art direction of the game in general. 
Straight to the point: i really would like at some point   the devs  to share their vision about the design of the uniforms.

Why the German uniforms lack the emblems that made them iconic as the Germans? im not speaking about the swastika but why   No eagle ?  ,missing the neck iconic stripes ,ranks  correct colors.
The allies us paratroopers look only ,still no ranks insignia's or unit references and still no real British look.
Is it so difficult to put some extra textures so they will look believable ? or the art direction is just abstract ww2 themed ?   

Why 6 months after release still no male gender for tankers and pilots and why i am forced to play as a woman only ?
No vehicle specific weapons like bf1 did .
Design of the uniforms with weapons holsters close to the neck or places that defies logic also floating out of the uniform (not so good design).
German airplane in airborne ? its already in firestorm i hope its a matter of time . 

New elites that are coming: the British one look like  commando themed  so no problem  the German elite supposed to be a master of camouflage and a sniper,
if he is a sniper why he has a pilot outfit ? master of camouflage with a white jacket and a red neck scarf ...?

Maps: (not so important )  why not desert camo when play in hamada and aerodrome for the transport vehicles ?
Maybe some broken furniture's for the empty rooms at Rotterdam (where its possible of course ) or just some wall posters or paintings of  1940s  so to make some   maps more atmospheric and immersive ? 
Hamada still feels a bit empty and not like a real place ,some war equipment as static cosmetics  ? 
Maybe even put the  speaker that plays music from shooting range to the Devastation map ? 

The reason of this post is not to blame anybody of just complain i just want to understand the decisions taken by the art team .
How the game can fell a more ww2 game well just make the soldiers look like ww2 soldiers its that simple in my opinion.
 people who appreciate history will definitely 
be happy and willing to spend real money  and also people that dont care so much will still buy and prefer the real life looking uniforms and cosmetics cause simple they look better ,it is in our dna 
to appreciate and like the craftsmanship that our ancestor created and choose, and not the fantasy stuff.
The real stuff look Better.

Ps . People who are going to say its just a game and its not meant to be realistic or accurate dont even bother to comment.

Have a good day everybody.

Comments

• IamSoSorry59
    156 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you see me in the game I look like a clown , it is a mix from all uniforms, same goes for my Drilling and Sten that´s all I use for wapons. I sometimes use a other one but by misstake doing the reviving wrong . LOL Cheers all
  • Broliszibaila
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Big NO. This game feels more like kids running around with random equipment and stuff - which are again used in wrong way.

I really dont understand why they decided to do such nonsenses. The realistic uniforms could be looking much better than all this stupid fantasy.

Just arrgghhh!
  • AristidesIV
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its really crazy how loose they went with realism in this game and even after the all the complains still not decent look for the soldiers wich is absolutely the base for a ww2 game.
  • ElliotLH
    6770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its really crazy how loose they went with realism in this game and even after the all the complains still not decent look for the soldiers wich is absolutely the base for a ww2 game.
    The uproar at the cosmetics which were originally teased could be the reason that they're this way at the moment.
  • IamSoSorry59
    156 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maby Dice have  to pay for realistic clothes, just thinking here.
  • ElliotLH
    6770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maby Dice have  to pay for realistic clothes, just thinking here.
    Damn Hugo Boss.
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have to agree, would love some more historically correct stuff in the game, that would be my preference.

I can understand that it’s maybe not for everyone and Dice wants to copy the way other games earn money with skins etc.

But that will be a dream forever, a (good) WW2 BF game that is true to the time period.
  • johnkapa1
    127 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do agree they need to keep it more to the authentic clothing. I would really like if they just let you customize the soldier due to what weapon you have. Ghost recon Wildlands lets you pick out a plate carrier but it changes the load out based on the gun you use which is a cool feature.
  • Trokey66
    7971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are close enough for me, now where is the prosthetic arm?
  • doctorrocktor
    1781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have a fettish for gas masks that's for sure,just seen more datamined uniforms and guess what,yeah they have gas masks.I just wish we had the option with or without.I try my best to make my soldier look the part with what we have though.
  • AristidesIV
    ElliotLH said:
    The uproar at the cosmetics which were originally teased could be the reason that they're this way at the moment.
     The uproar was for   crazy and irrelevant with ww2  cosmetics like katanas swords prosthetic arms half naked dude with beard.
    So maybe they didnt had time to fix them.
    I believe its the strategy that they have choose, fronite style cosmetics as they thought would bring more money to the game ,apparently the community of bf is more mature  and well educated :P
  • Masqerader
    595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    Stahlmach said:
    I already gave up hope when i realized that Dice cant even give us the iconic german Wehrmacht helmet but some strange ungarian version instead.
    Not to mention that i cant have a simple german Officer hat without some Scarf covering half of the Face. No black Uniforms for Tanks Drivers, no Medals or Ranks visible on the Soldier...
    And who is that Dev at Dice who has that Gasmask fetish???!!!
    because soldiers always wore their medals into battle, the only thing german soldiers took into battle, guns, ammo, grenades and their c-**** pills
  • Elephante33
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah being able to customise the tankers and pilots would be great, there are pilot-esque cosmetics that i dont use simply because why the hell would my pilot be running around with an MG42 instead of, you know, being in a plane? Not to mention that since we only have 4 classes right now, i have to be very selective on what style i want to use

more realistic uniforms to be sure
  • ElliotLH
    ElliotLH said:

ThelastKnight777 said:

The uproar was for   crazy and irrelevant with ww2  cosmetics like katanas swords prosthetic arms half naked dude with beard.
    So maybe they didnt had time to fix them.
    I believe its the strategy that they have choose, fronite style cosmetics as they thought would bring more money to the game ,apparently the community of bf is more mature  and well educated :P

That's what I was meaning - they had to scramble after the backlash and change a lot. If they had been going for authenticity originally then perhaps the uniforms would be better.

I could be wrong. I'm thinking out loud mostly and I'm not really bothered by how the outfits look.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    What - in a sad way - amazes my most is that even with Boins, they cant make good looking Uniforms. I expected that EA/Dice made bad looking Uniforms on purpose to sell us the good - and for sure more historical looking Uniforms - for real money.
    But they arent even able to do that......Not even some ranks, medals and collar badges.
    Here Dice, some Inspiration:

• UraniumReaper
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    They are close enough for me, now where is the prosthetic arm?

They sent it to you in the mail after the game launched... didn't you get it?
  • AristidesIV
    Stahlmach said:
    What - in a sad way - amazes my most is that even with Boins, they cant make good looking Uniforms. I expected that EA/Dice made bad looking Uniforms on purpose to sell us the good - and for sure more historical looking Uniforms - for real money.
    But they arent even able to do that......Not even some ranks, medals and collar badges.
    Here Dice, some Inspiration:

I thought the same but no we get fronite look outfits instead  ...well at least they kept their word : it is world war 2 as we have never seen before.