Is the Nvidia exploit still a thing?

TKing2
54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Is the Nvidia graphics exploit still a thing or has it been patched? Recently im dieing a lot to people who seem to have no problem seeing me inside smoke bombs etc. It often feels some players have a large advantage in terms of visibility even though there is no flare up.

Comments

• Sk1lld
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was patched out and in just a couple of days the cheaters found a way around it.
  • g0merpile
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It still is a thing it is not patched, only to the ones that dont know how to
  • TKing2
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sad to hear, but i already expected such a thing. Seems to be almost undetectable aswell since it doesnt really show unlike an aimbot or wallhack.
  • Tuco_Ramirez_1
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I must admit I've been killed a lot through smoke recently and felt a bit suspicious.
    Shame
  • DigitalHype
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah. The fix was a bit of a joke. We need Jack to make another video, so DICE will actually spend some cycles to fix it properly.
  • Mhill2029
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    I'm really not sure if this is a cheat, I mean you only need to be spotted by one enemy and you have a great big red marker above your head. It's not hard to take someone out in smoke, it's just a matter of predicting someone's movements. But yet ppl cry foul at the first opportunity.
  • g0merpile
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mhill2029 said:
    I'm really not sure if this is a cheat, I mean you only need to be spotted by one enemy and you have a great big red marker above your head. It's not hard to take someone out in smoke, it's just a matter of predicting someone's movements. But yet ppl cry foul at the first opportunity.

Do U know what the exploit we are talking about Mhill.
  • Mhill2029
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    g0merpile said:
    Mhill2029 said:

Do U know what the exploit we are talking about Mhill. 

No I don't, but I don't keep myself informed about exploits/cheats. I just play the game, I find ppl are quick to jump the gun about anything when they are killed. Same as those that camp like crazy, when they get into a fire fight they never win because they have never had a learning curve in the entire game, they just sit in one place. But yet call ppl cheaters because they lost.

• G-Gnu
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is what they are talking about.
  • Mhill2029
    edited April 13
    So your telling me, ppl go to this much trouble on a visually stunning game to make it look like that purely for kills? hahaha wow just wow. Some ppl have an inferiority complex, and need to get out more and maybe socialize with other humans.

Post edited by Mhill2029 on
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TKing2 said:
    Is the Nvidia graphics exploit still a thing or has it been patched? Recently im dieing a lot to people who seem to have no problem seeing me inside smoke bombs etc. It often feels some players have a large advantage in terms of visibility even though there is no flare up.
    Yes Potatofield is still a thing. All DICE did was try disable the tool that made it possible but that disabled SLI... The SLI crowd found a way to circumvent the fix and bam, Potatofield was back. I almost feel that this is worse than the paid cheats and the combination of both has made me stop playing.
  • G-Gnu
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mhill2029 said:
    So your telling me, ppl go to this much trouble on a visionally stunning game to make it look like that purely for kills? hahaha wow just wow. Some ppl have an inferiority complex, and need to get out more and maybe socialize with other humans.

Yepp they do , though if  DICE fixed visibility , then some might be done with it, who knows.

• DaChileanSeabass
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They tried and all they did was reset nvidia control panel settings. I had to use a workaround to get the futureframe render switched to 1 from default to get rid to of input lag
  • CSO7777
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with the potato-exploit is that it's not really something Dice can fix. It is exploiting settings in the Nvidia-driver for reducing visibility, so unless Nvidia does something about this, it will probably not be possible for Dice to make a real lasting fix.

If they can detect that the Nvidia driver has been "tweaked", then they could block the player from playing multiplayer until the settings are reversed. But they have probably also thought about that as well.

I really think Dice is fighting an uphill battle in this case, they need Nvidia to make a real fix for this issue (which is exploited in other games as well).
  • CaptainHardware
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I must admit I've been killed a lot through smoke recently and felt a bit suspicious.
    Shame
    That's mostly just because the server side smoke mechanic is broken. People don't have to try to cheat for smoke to be a problem. But the whole reason they went to server side smoke was because previously smoke was client side, and each game client would render a different smoke screen in the first place causing non trivial issues in it's own right.

They could fix this easily by making the smoke a more static object, but it'd look terrible.
  • Jezzzeh
    595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People being killed in smoke isn't the issue I'd suggest. I regularly fire into smoke especially if I've downed someone and suddenly there's a smoke billowing on them.

Saying that the main problem of this potato graphics doesn't seem all that common? I've only ever seen 1 blatant example of it myself in over 350 hours of playing.

Not saying it's not there it clearly is and needs sorting.
  • jog0ff
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    smoke isn't the biggest problem, the problem starts when youre trying to hide in the bushes or crops field (Arras), with this exploit theres no place to hide ...
  • alienstout
    679 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jog0ff said:
    smoke isn't the biggest problem, the problem starts when youre trying to hide in the bushes or crops field (Arras), with this exploit theres no place to hide ...
    Exactly, that is the map that is affected by this the most. Also, enough with the "I've played 800 bagillion hours and have never seen that." I don't believe you and nobody else does either. It's just disingenuous and insulting.
  • SteveZee
    262 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This isn't just an nnvidia exploit. They figured out a way to prevent textures from loading in.