Dice, your vehicle spawn system is crap.

Comments

• okiie_918
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I miss the good ole days where I could hold square on the chopper spawn and be in my chopper before you even have a chance to spawn in it! Made it alot easier to keep noobs and low levels off the vehicles!
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 said:
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    ragnarok013 said:
    I agree, I really miss the old vehicle system where the vehicles spawned on the map. Not only was it much easier to get a vehicle or get a replacement vehicle but the vehicles were balanced by map (a predetermined assortment of MBTs, IFVs, Choppers, Jets, and transports) so we don't have three MAAs on each side like I've seen on Panzerstorm.

Excactly. Also Airfields gave you a far greater feeling of Immersion and Atmosphere.

Especially how you had to take off the runway with your plane.
    DICE has lost it's magic touch and it's pretty sad.
    Not to mention the rare moments when you were able to land a disabled Plane, repair it, and getting back into action. ( I played a lot Hardcore )
  • Graphic-J
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

No serious successful balancing can take place until DICE reverts to set vehicle class spawns for both tanks and planes as it was in BF4, BF3, BF2 and the whole series except of course the runts that are BF1 and BFV.

How on earth do DICE expect to successfully balance vehicles on any given map or mode when the key variables of numbers and type are in your average pub players hands.

• Noodlesocks
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    I don't mind it but they need to bring back map-set vehicle spawning on flags. Right now there is zero strategic value to taking or holding any flag in particular. There's no reward for taking any flags because you can only access vehicles (squad vehicles included) from the spawn screen. Game doesn't even have Battlefield pick ups.
  • SirSpectacle
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the new system a lot better than the bf3/4 one. If they would just split armor spawn quotas into light/heavy and planes into fighters/bombers it would be perfect.
  • Key2Destiny
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't bother with the game, it's already dead.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
     Right now there is zero strategic value to taking or holding any flag in particular.
    I wouldn't use the word "strategy" in BF5 at all. That train has left the station with BF1 already. And I think DICE wont change the system, they have so many things to do and at this point and I really think they're incapable of changing it. Not to mention that they would break at least 10 other things. The word imcopentent may sound hard but I can't find a more fitting word. Just look at the plane patch which nobody ever asked for and now we're back at alpha/beta state. There might be a point at which you should see you're driving the one way street in the wrong direction. But they keep hitting oncoming cars and wonder what on earth is wrong. There's a saying: "They can't even pee a whole in the snow".
  • MBT_Layzan
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just infuriating watching tanks leave the spawn points and I can't see them even available then I get one and I'm hit with this BS. 

https://ibb.co/sCtVrYS
  • MBT_Layzan
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    literally just happened. 

https://ibb.co/yqrFr7r
  • DingoKillr
    3384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have you guys every wonder how many different types of vehicles we would get with fixed set per faction.
    BF4 - 2 Aircraft, 3 Copter, 1 MAA, 1 MLRS(sometimes), 2 Tank, 1 APC, 1 MARP, 1 Jeep, 1 bike and 2 boats.

BFV - 7 Aircraft, 1 MAA, 5 Tanks, 1 AT Halftrack(APC), 1 Halftrack(MRAP), 1 Jeep, 1 bike and still getting more. 
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    i agree. you spawn in main base to get half track or jeep and you get, nada! And then you just redeploy...
    Post edited by UsainskiSemperFi on
  • xKusagamix
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1's system was crap, BFV is even worse.

Unbalance and buggy as heck. Instead of limited the vehicle variant slot like BF4 to stop the abusing of OP vehicles. Now we have 99% of rounds with people just flying the Bombers ignoring Fighter planes (which is mostly useless even against bombers) and bombing the crap out of each other.

How fun is that, right?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1653 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1's system was crap, BFV is even worse.

Unbalance and buggy as heck. Instead of limited the vehicle variant slot like BF4 to stop the abusing of OP vehicles. Now we have 99% of rounds with people just flying the Bombers ignoring Fighter planes (which is mostly useless even against bombers) and bombing the crap out of each other.

How fun is that, right?
    If they limited the vehicle variants - which i think they should on some maps, then it would show up the lack of vehicles slots full stop on most maps even more.
    A question.  How would people feel if they spent good cold, hard cash or many thousands of CC on a vehicle skin - lets choose the MAA as an example, but then have MAA restricted to only one or 2 maps?
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree, I really miss the old vehicle system where the vehicles spawned on the map. Not only was it much easier to get a vehicle or get a replacement vehicle but the vehicles were balanced by map (a predetermined assortment of MBTs, IFVs, Choppers, Jets, and transports) so we don't have three MAAs on each side like I've seen on Panzerstorm.
    Yes indeed, when I roll out on Aerodrome and see the other tank is mobile aa, I sigh, as I know I'm going to have a much harder time dealing with two actual tanks. Unless they do the same. 
    Loled hard, aerodrome is a camping fest for tonkers. That map is so bad,  was specifically designed for camping tanks. I see no reason to play it with any other class. 

Tonker tale on aerodrome:  fail to press x when round starts, choose to sit in menu waiting for  next wave of vehicles, spawn in and profit, 70k/d at the end of the round, afterwards bragging how beast that tonker could ve been on foot, if vehicles would ve spawn actually in basespawn.

• VincentNZ
    2154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The disadvantages of the old BF3/4 system were always blown out of proportion. Things like vehicle stealing from bases, or destroying assets in the base existed, yet hardly on a regular basis and could have been fixed or further diminished while keeping vehicle spawns physical still.
    The reason for the shift was mostly for a better ease-of-use for consoles that have natural limits with their input device and to give the player full freedom of choice. The system sounds good on paper, too. At all times the player is in full control and can spawn vehicles as the round demands it. So your AA is busy taking out infantry? Spawn your own AA and fill their primary role.
    This requires the player to be able to analyze the round, predict the next moves and make an elaborate decision, which is obviously impossible in a game that has a scale like BF. So you got killed by a plane three times? Does that really validate an AA on a map, that has two plane spawns? Is that really relevant?
    Or say the BF1 fighter or attack planes are farming infantry, how do you counter that, when all vehicle spawns are used? Or when, instead of the counter, the present flavour of the month is spawned, to minimize personal frustration, but maximize personal profit? Say you spawn a fighter yourself to farm infantry, or an Artillery Wagon to farm people from afar? That does not create balance at all.
    Player choice is nonsene, the player can not make a good decision, because his perception flawed and the game does not give you enough information. Instead vehicle spawns need to be carefully balanced along with the maps, to avoid OP scenarios, where no counters present themselves. It also creates inconsistency, where choosing the "wrong" vehicle can decide rounds. Instead playing a certain map should make it clear what to expect from it. There are rounds of Fjell with 11 bombers/mosquitos where you die constantly, or rounds with 11 fighters, where you do not even notice the large amount of vehicle spawns.
    TL;DR: Player choice is stupid, when the game can not give you enough information to make an elaborate decision and creates always an environment where the path of the least resistance (i.e. choosing the FOTM vehicle) is taken.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A question.  How would people feel if they spent good cold, hard cash or many thousands of CC on a vehicle skin - lets choose the MAA as an example, but then have MAA restricted to only one or 2 maps?
    That's a real first world problem you got right there. As long as some people think this way personal preferences will always be more important than ballancing. But hey I have a counter-argument. Vehicles are limited nonetheless, with that logic there should be a vehicle for everyone so that the individual can show of his awesome skin nobody cares about at all.

• ninjapenquinuk
    1653 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's a real first world problem you got right there. As long as some people think this way personal preferences will always be more important than ballancing. But hey I have a counter-argument. Vehicles are limited nonetheless, with that logic there should be a vehicle for everyone so that the individual can show of his awesome skin nobody cares about at all.

I totally agree, BUT, DICE/EA are trying to sell cosmetics so if/when vehicle ones become purchasable via Boins then people will complain if they cant actually use them in game and EA would be quite rightly criticized for selling something that cant be used.  You could also use another example of unlocking a shiny new tank in TOW only for it not to be available on half the maps.  Again some people would cry blue murder.  Im personally not too fussed how you spawn into a vehicle, but Im all for limiting vehicle type on some maps - no MAA on maps with no planes for example