K/d win% vs PTFO

Jerfodor
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I was reading the posts on how someone had a 51% win and was ranked in the 100% range. I play a ton of games anyone can look up my stats and I am sure someone will say get better. I put myself in harms way for other team mates 0.6% in heals 3.0 in revives 2.0% in resupplies my kd ratio .53 pretty awful. My team score 12% . so I believe I play the game the way I like to play and not so concerned with quitting as I am usually playing with a friend and that seems a hassle. Why do so many people quit or get obsessed with some tiny stats and not play the entire game. I love seeing my name on the ending scoreboard at 11 and 17 beating guys with 30 kills because I healed people, revived, resupplied, and captured or defended objectives. I usually end up #1 or #2 in squad score giving orders and all the previously mentioned team oriented scoring. So why is everyone caught up about k/d and wins.

I can easily hide in a corner with a KE7 and blast fools never once helping anyone else get a 4 to 1 kill ratio and up in the lower half of the scoreboard. I have done it .......not fun for me. I could have eased some of my 462 loses by quitting like a few others. Why? I want to hang out with friends play like a team and know my role . That is why I dont play COD.

Comments

• Jerfodor
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks Nasty

• WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because killing enemies and not dying is what most of us want to do in shooting games. And most people want to win games.

Not everyone of course, but both those things are what people want to do - and help their team along the way.

You can have reasonable both and still massively PTFO and support your team.
  • NastySix
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Because killing enemies and not dying is what most of us want to do in shooting games. And most people want to win games.

Not everyone of course, but both those things are what people want to do - and help their team along the way.

Okay you just added nothing new...

Ofcourse we do not like deing trying to save our own...
  • KMAsterisk
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's all a vicious circle jerk.

K/D doesn't matter, it's points/PTFO.

I don't play the objective because my team sucks, etc. I can only control my K/D.

I won't stay in a game where the team isn't playing the objective, who cares if I quit?

Clans are OP/create imbalance, there should be separate servers.

Win % doesn't matter, it's too dependent on other players.

Mix and match however you like to suit the argument.
  • Niila138
    46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    I think the post about win% was by me. It turned out to be a bug and it was in reality top 55% instead of top 100%. What I was worried about was the fact that it seemed (because of the bugged situation) that there was a HUGE issue with team quitting, not that stat in itself. Anyway I think there still is an issue with team quitting, just not as massive as it seemed.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can PTFO, place high on the scoreboard and have a decent KD though - not everyone with a high KD will be camping. However the enjoyment stat is more important than all of those, in my opinion any way.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jerfodor said:
    I was reading the posts on how someone had a 51% win and was ranked in the 100% range. I play a ton of games anyone can look up my stats and I am sure someone will say get better. I put myself in harms way for other team mates 0.6% in heals 3.0 in revives 2.0% in resupplies my kd ratio .53 pretty awful. My team score 12% . so I believe I play the game the way I like to play and not so concerned with quitting as I am usually playing with a friend and that seems a hassle. Why do so many people quit or get obsessed with some tiny stats and not play the entire game. I love seeing my name on the ending scoreboard at 11 and 17 beating guys with 30 kills because I healed people, revived, resupplied, and captured or defended objectives. I usually end up #1 or #2 in squad score giving orders and all the previously mentioned team oriented scoring. So why is everyone caught up about k/d and wins.

I can easily hide in a corner with a KE7 and blast fools never once helping anyone else get a 4 to 1 kill ratio and up in the lower half of the scoreboard. I have done it .......not fun for me. I could have eased some of my 462 loses by quitting like a few others. Why? I want to hang out with friends play like a team and know my role . That is why I dont play COD.

Good for you.Is there a point to this thread or are you just salty?
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Correct. I usually play to win (apart trolling PLG clan) and it doesnt bother me how many times I die since I mainly play Dom (as a medic) as it doesnt count as a lost ticket.

Just PTO wont win games, as you need to be able to push or defend, but I will always prioritize squads who ptfos as you can always respawn closer to objectives and help them, rather spawning on KDR loving dude who probably is wielding his noob cannon with 3x scope from scrubsault class in the middle of nowhere. Not everyone is like that though
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    since the influx of firestorm noobs the game is just dreadful to play.

number of campers have increased significantly
    dumb players/teams/squads
    just few of my last rounds
    1. arras breakthrough - tanks in the objective area sitting the the whole round with noone trying to get rid of them
    2. twisted steel breakthrough - 90% of the team on the bridge  while objectives are taken 
    3. fjel breakthrough- me and another player were the only people trying to capture A point everyone else just outside of the zone
    4. narvik breakthrough - defending B (bridge)... obj A being taken - whole team goes to re capture it leaving B unmanned - you guess what happens

list goes on.
  • NastySix
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This has been an ongoing thing for years,

• SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    You can't play the objective well unless you get more kills than deaths (preferably way more kills than deaths), you'll just be relying on your team to do all the killing if you have a bad K/D. Who cares if you aren't good though? Just enjoy the game.
    Post edited by SirTerrible on
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    since the influx of firestorm noobs the game is just dreadful to play.

number of campers have increased significantly
    dumb players/teams/squads
    just few of my last rounds
    1. arras breakthrough - tanks in the objective area sitting the the whole round with noone trying to get rid of them
    2. twisted steel breakthrough - 90% of the team on the bridge  while objectives are taken 
    3. fjel breakthrough- me and another player were the only people trying to capture A point everyone else just outside of the zone
    4. narvik breakthrough - defending B (bridge)... obj A being taken - whole team goes to re capture it leaving B unmanned - you guess what happens

list goes on.

don't play breakthrough or conquest, fixed :smirk:
  • Russian_Blue1
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NastySix said:
    Why are you saying your K/D is awfull? It's like you're appologizing towards those that "sit" in a corner and not PTO...

Just play the game the way you like it...isn't this why we play games..to relax and have fun?

You keep up the good work in supporting your team and just let those "CoD" players sit in a corner and worry about their precious K/D ratio...

I never check my stats, I just play games because it helps me relax and forget alittle about whats going on in the real world..
    Absolutely what Nasty said.... Play, have fun, enjoy and repeat....
  • KingRofty
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    Stats in BF V is useless in any case, cos there was a time when Combined Arms gameplay counted towards your KD.

I know this, cos I decided to try it out, and now sitting with a 70 kill streak in my stats. :smile:

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty said:
    Stats in BF V is useless in any case, cos there was a time when Combined Arms gameplay counted towards your KD.

I know this, cos I decided to try it out, and now sitting with a 70 kill streak in my stats. :smile:

I was wondering how I got 48 killstreak when I never actually managed to get so many kills in one game
  • dcs500
    1512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is a k/d game. In previous Battlefields you could PTO, heal, revive, and resupply without even firing a shot and you would be in a decent position on the scoreboard. In BFV you can’t get a decent score unless you’re a k/d farmer, you can make points if you’re in a working squad, but playing for the team is pointless.

• MatthewSkeet
    dcs500 said:
    BFV is a k/d game. In previous Battlefields you could PTO, heal, revive, and resupply without even firing a shot and you would be in a decent position on the scoreboard. In BFV you can’t get a decent score unless you’re a k/d farmer, you can make points if you’re in a working squad, but playing for the team is pointless.

not true, ive been topped by medics and support with scores of 4 vs my 30 odd kills quite a few times
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 said:

Not strictly true. Depends on the game mode. During one round of Grind on Devastation i got 10k plus points with just the one kill and zero deaths using the spotting flare.  Top of the scoreboard with a juicy 1000+ SPM.  Just kept popping up those flares through the cathedral roof.  keeeeeerching!
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can have it all, you just need the right group of guys/gals around you to make it happen. Platoons like SAP and GAWA always have set goals to accomplish and in turn makes the game more fun for me - After some research into whatever platoon you want, I'm sure you'll see all your numbers rise