Weekly BF

Introducing Battlefield V: Firestorm Duo Weekend

PartWelsh
53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 11

Morning folks,

Today we’re introducing Duo to Firestorm. It’s available in game for you to play right now.

It’s our first time putting Duo out into the wild having started work on the mode much later in Firestorms development. We love it, and we think it’s a great addition to the game, but we recognize best that we’re better hearing that from you, and we’d appreciate your support in helping to make it a strong addition to Firestorm, and Battlefield V.

We’re making it available until 10am UTC on Monday 15th April, at which point we’ll come back to you all to ask how you found the experience. Did it change the pacing of the games for you? Did it cause for hotter drops? Were you enjoying it as much as Solos and Squads? Were you primarily playing with Randoms, or Squadding with a friend, and how did each of those two matchmaking types change things for you with the experience?

You can add your feedback here on this thread, so don’t be shy to share your thoughts as you go. Next week, we’ll look at the hard data that we get from our various teams, as well as the feedback that you share with us here. We’ll then come back and share our learnings next week.

Enjoy Duo!

FM

Comments

• SMK_GAMING_1
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure this will be well received, I sometimes struggle to get 3 other squad mates to play squads. Myself and a friend regularly play duos in squads, it will be nice to have proper duos, nice :-)
  • pinguinoj
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yes i m sure too the players will like it... the problem is another one... dice received a lot of positiv  feedback for teams conquest, but they didnt insert it again... i m shure they have own motivation....
  • FLAUR74
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE  (LA ) BREAK THE GAME TO THE MIND as you did it with bf4 we believe in you fill this empty game with content, but dies Sweden has fallen in my eyes. I finally wish DICE Los Angeles. I wish you good luck. I believe you don’t care about the community. once again I will say these people once again DICE Los Angeles don't let us down we believe in you :wink: )))
  • Silverbacky
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would enjoy it if I could get into it. AU PC servers appear to be non existent for any mode. Something broken?
  • Braddock512
    1310 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    pinguinoj said:
    yes i m sure too the players will like it... the problem is another one... dice received a lot of positiv  feedback for teams conquest, but they didnt insert it again... i m shure they have own motivation....
    Squad Conquest? It's coming back. 

-Braddock512-
  • AWulle
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PartWelsh said:

Morning folks,

Today we’re introducing Duo to Firestorm. It’s available in game for you to play right now.

# Finaly!! its really hard finding a squad when i squad up with my friend. Good stuff, thank you.
     But why is this temporary tho?

• woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure this will be well received, I sometimes struggle to get 3 other squad mates to play squads. Myself and a friend regularly play duos in squads, it will be nice to have proper duos, nice :-)
    It was "well recieved" until i found out it was only till monday...
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    LTM's make me sad 
  • DEHALKO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You are the best company for my opinion,firestorm is the most complete br to ever play.Give this battler. the option for duos and keep it permant.Thanks a lot for the great jod you do with forums...Lets have a great game .... BF5 <3 
  • BamBam011
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play a lot of battlefield and this game ROCKS. Well done grade A. Will give A+ when looting is a bit better and please please please make the spectator in 1st person. The action is way better in 1st person and you can see what the person sees.

Great job DICE and Criterion👍🏼
  • Ayolassan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really love the duo mode in firestorm!!!!
    Having  an entire squad online is quite difficult, so we most of the time play with 2 strangers (not using their mics) or go for a squad of 2 (and reduce our chance of winning)
    Just did couple of games with my friend and it was epic as expected!!!!!

Please make it permanent!!!! 
    I think the game is even more dynamic as there are more squad and as a result squads are more scattered on the map! So you encounter more ennemies in the early game, which is very exciting!!!!!

Thanks for your work on the game! PLEASE MAKE IT PERMANENT!!!!!!
  • lSystemI
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As I do love the Firestorm, it is pain in the a...hmm... difficult to find "normal" players to form a full squad. Most of the time "randoms" do what they please and destroys teams' gameplay. The squad is nice when playing with friends/platoon members. The duo should be available PERMANENTLY not only as the weekend proposition.
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have no tried it yet since I just woke up but I usually tend to play with 1 other person and we have been waiting for Duos to drop! We will let you know! Although I'm sure it will be amazing I am loving Firestorm so far as I don't play any other BR's
  • QsPhantom
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    Duo's are definitally wanted and are basically a must for battle royals. Not everyone has a full squad to play with and not everyone enjoys solos. Most of the time I have 1 friend to play with. Being limited to only squads hinders us because the 2 randoms are always doing their own thing. This leads to an unenjoyable experience because we're often in gunfights 2v4. Please keep this permanently
  • dreddnaught19
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is a welcome addition. As much as I like playing solos, playing with friends adds a multiplier to the game enjoyment. Squads on the other hand, have been difficult since day one. If you have to add randoms to fill, you are lucky to just have them stay in game long enoough to hit the ground, let alone play the entire round. But I digress.

IT IS AWESOME TO SEE THE DEVS WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY TO FINE TUNE THE GAME. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!
This discussion has been closed.