This Week in Battlefield V - April 8th Edition

2»

Comments

• johnkapa1
    159 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigWyrm said:
    johnkapa1 said:

This week in Battlefield V should actually read:

Monday - we're going to tell you what we're going to tell you!
    Tuesday - nothing of substance - this is just padding. You can go to Youtube and see the same stuff every day of the week.
    Wednesday - We're going to list a bunch of issues on the periphery and completely ignore the primary issues because we don't have a solution to them and have no intention of actually addressing them.
    Thursday - Jump through some hoops and you'll get a cosmetic of some sort. Actually, I don't have a major issue with this. Unless it involves Firestorm. Then it sucks.
    Friday - we're going to recap what we told you throughout the week - which was nothing of any real value.

Copy, paste, repeat each week.

Personally I'd rather see genuine discussion and engagement, honesty and empathy with the community, and if we can't get that, I'd rather see nothing at all.

Just a thought on this part. 
    This is a calendar of the week's events. There are daily things that happen every week.
    • Monday - If there's not much going on for the week, yeah, it just says the TWIB. However, when we have blogs, etc., they get included if they're released on Monday. 
    • Tuesday - A good amount of people look forward to stuff like the OIB moments because they like to share their clips, videos, and get the chance to get some BCIW emblem codes for themselves and their friends. 
    • Wednesday - Some of the top issues aren't listed because they're either still in the discovery phase, they are getting a backend fix to address them, or they may require more dev time. We're doing our best to not put stuff on there that isn't solved within 2-4 weeks but is a big pain point within the community. 
    • Thursday - It's been the day for updates or the Community Feedback threads I've been driving. (We currently have 8 or so, and I want to let those marinate before we open new ones). 
    • Friday - For those that missed the beginning of the week because of work, life, whatever and want to catch up on what we've talked about, we created the Debrief. This also, as time and bandwidth allows, includes a Q&A session, and a sneak peek/preview of some of the items for the next week. 

Additionally, I update this daily with the links to the relevant posts, new items that come up during the week, etc. It's a one-stop place to get the roadmap of the week. 
    You have to think about it this way - if these posts/threads aren't for you for whatever reason, it doesn't mean that others don't find them helpful, informative, etc. 
    I hope my reply gave a better perspective on why we make these threads and the bigger picture that others may benefit from them. 
    Take care and have a great rest of your day! 

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 i do have to say the weekly and Chapter TOW rewards are really not appealing to the community. They seem really plain and boring. I know there's more than enough weapons, tank, planes and gear that can be released sooner than you guys probably planned out to fill these TOW rewards. I'm just saying if we had more authentic uniforms and weapons to work for during the week/ chapter i would feel a little more excited to play but as of now most of us don't feel excited at all.  Just sayin.... 

Hope you guys try to release good content soon!

This is the first TOW event that I simply don't care about. I have no interest in Firestorm, and the non-Firestorm path requires 50 freaking kills with each weapon. On top of that, the weekly rewards suck beyond belief! I have no interest in any of them except the weapons, which are still another week off.
    Every single reward for the overall TOW path is lackluster at best. A bunch of burnt skins for weapons hardly anyone uses any more, more gas masks, when there's no gas in the game (that was a cool part of BF1), face paint, etc...
    It's obvious by now that this game will never be satisfying. It's more like a few cool moments wrapped up in a constant barrage of frustration.
    Couldn't agree more! These rewards for this chapter aren't rewards, they're more on the scale of a piece of candy that falls from a Pinatas and everyone gets the same crap. I wouldn't mind if they woulda held this chapter back a few weeks to complete more content and actually release this chapters map with the launch of the chapter. Shoot at my company we don't send out product that our customers wouldn't be happy with. 
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need RSP now!
  • ABC-Warrior-real
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Recently the weekly challenges were settling into a good balance of stuff you'd do anyway, with some extras to try for. Currently the weekly challenges are nothing more than a push to get us to play firestorm. I don't particularly want to play this mode, so why am I being penalised? I've completed every TOW so far, often completing all the challenges, but this current batch is ridiculous. And starting it with a firestorm challenge is just plain wrong.

Firestorm only exists because of the battle royale gaming fad. There's no way we'd have this mode otherwise, it's not for everyone so why force players to play it??  Every TOW should have a firestorm free route, but the emphasis should always be on core Battlefield game modes, not this fashion add on mode.
  • Braddock512
    1260 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited April 12
    iano1978 said:
    @Braddock512 ; Perhaps you could include Community run events in the weekly schedule?
    I would absolutely love to look into community-run events. 
    It's a two-edged sword, however. 
    If we promote a community-run event, for example, and the administrators of that event end up being, for lack of a better word, "jerks", then it can fall back on us. 
    On the other side, if we start working with one or two groups, others may feel disenfranchised and that we're picking favorites. Then it becomes a full-time chore to decide which event each week, etc. (Not saying I am not willing to put in the work, but we need to analyze the feasibility and impact on the community, of course.)
    Now, that being said, there have been some groups we've worked with in the past, some competitive groups we worked with in BF1, etc. 

That's a super solid idea. Let me talk with the rest of the Community team and see how we can facilitate this. Of course, we'll have to be careful, but I think, if done right, it could be great. 

Thanks for the suggestion!

-Braddock512-
  • VOLBANKER
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 said:
    @Braddock512 ; Perhaps you could include Community run events in the weekly schedule?
    If we promote a community-run event, for example, and the administrators of that event end up being, for lack of a better word, "jerks", then it can fall back on us. 
    On the other side, if we start working with one or two groups, others may feel disenfranchised and that we're picking favorites. Then it becomes a full-time chore to decide which event each week, etc. (Not saying I am not willing to put in the work, but we need to analyze the feasibility and impact on the community, of course.)
    Now, that being said, there have been some groups we've worked with in the past, some competitive groups we worked with in BF1, etc. 

That's a super solid idea. Let me talk with the rest of the Community team and see how we can facilitate this. Of course, we'll have to be careful, but I think, if done right, it could be great. 

-Braddock512-
    @Braddock512 I think this is what a lot of us forum users have requested: That you guys give us actual feedback on ideas etc. Of course it’s not possible for DICE/EA to reply to each and every post on the forum; I think most forum users understand and accept this. The important thing is that we can see you guys are making an effort.
  • iano1978
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 said:

-Braddock512-
    Appreciate the honest answer.
    I know there is a lot more to it than posting event details and I can understand the issues that may arise for you guys if any events go south.
    If it was my choice I would select those groups that you have confidence in and run with them to start things off. They can be benchmarks for other groups who may feel left out.
  • friendlyscope
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, since the usual posting of issues/bugs in topics under general discussion have been proven useless I'm posting this here in hope the community manager will point the developers toward this imho huge issue !

I'm really not sure how there are not more topic about this but in short:

This second little april informal "update" has made a game a mess of the good and bad fragments of patches of the last couple of months !
    Bunch of individual values regarding February and first April updates have been reverted to old (worse) ones, as well as the optimization change of the first April update (which finally brought the game to the all time best spot (imo)) have been negated back.

There goes further the 'long' version:
    (mostly from tanker's perspective, but I'm sure there must be whole bunch of subtle issues that just haven't been spotted yet, since it all sounds like some big messup to me.)

The issues/values I'm almost certain they (accidentally?) reverted are further ones, but there could be much more:

from the February 13th update:
    - Increased the armor value of heavy tanks by 25% against tank cannons. The Tiger and Churchill were outmatched by upgraded medium tanks, and generally were not survivable enough against threats to justify their lower speed and maneuverability. (After quite a few frontal encounters with upgraded Valentine's yesterday, things are definitely not where they were say three weeks ago, Damage wise Val goes toe to toe to the Tiger both loading AP rounds, but wins on obvious accounts of manouverability, reload and of course number of AP shells)

-Reduced the damage of the Churchill Mk VII Howitzer upgrade against Vehicles. This shell should be highly effective against infantry, and the lethal potential of the shell against infantry is unchanged. (This thing is 100% back to old stats, since I was wiped by a few well placed shots by this thing in a few seconds, which makes such upgraded Churchill superior to Tiger in every way, unless you're at least 100m away from him, and a real challenge for him to hit you)

-Increased the damage of all tank shells versusinfantry by 12%. This should make the tank shells properly lethal against infantry who are crouched, prone, or sprinting. 
    (I'm not 100% sure on this, maybe I'm having a "bad aim days" but considering other aforementioned issues, and that my number of tank kills per game has been approx. reduced by at least 50% I'm inclined to believe that this value has been reverted/negated as well) 

Further..
    I'm not quite sure in which update they balanced the - Staghound autocannon as well as it's regular one and 20mm across the board, and made it useless against heavy tanks, as it makes sense, but that change is now definitely gone, as the main topic post implies.

Additionally I think some of the good optimization changes from the first april update have been broken and reverted to the state of march patch I believe which took a beating on my average performance by at least 10-15 FPS (average)  

-Fixed a bug that enabled players to use airplanes during the match start timer period. The animation when entering and exiting vehicles is now smoother and should have less unintended sudden camera movements.  (this also seems to have been back to the old self ) 

So my conclusion is that this latest (second?) april update made the whole mess of the many good AND bad updates from the last couple of months.  

I believe this is one major issue, and it really should be resolved asap, since it's ruining experience of presumably many players on a sort of subtle level, but really builds up the frustration with the game and within the community, and the fact that such a mistake have been made and not been addressed and acknowledged is a whole another level of bad management of product.