BF5 vs BF2

Rex_Holez
152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it just me, or did BF2 have more people playing 3 years after launch than BF5 did 3 months after launch?

I guess when the devs do things like censor the word idiot in chat, it's inevitable. 

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    5243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really sure about such statement.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if that's the specific reason but the chat filter in game is odd. Like censoring the Fbomb but not the Sword.
  • superteds
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    considering BF2 was only on PC, i very much doubt it.

And if not being able to insult people stops people from playing, then good - i don't want to be playing a game with people like that.
  • Rex_Holez
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds said:

And if not being able to insult people stops people from playing, then good - i don't want to be playing a game with people like that.
    Yeah the word idiot is such as awful word to use in an online war game. 
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »

I’d bet a month’s salary BF2 had double the population that BFV currently has, on all three platforms combined. EA is hiding population numbers for a reason, the same reason they hide it in Battlefront 2.
  • Noodlesocks
    2473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More than likely, especially if you were to consider the Project Reality mod. There was still a healthy player count up until the day the Gamespy servers were shut down.
  • SirSpectacle
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    superteds wrote: »

I’d bet a month’s salary BF2 had double the population that BFV currently has, on all three platforms combined. EA is hiding population numbers for a reason, the same reason they hide it in Battlefront 2.

I'd love to take you up on that bet, sounds like easy money. Gaming as a hobby is much bigger nowadays than when BF2 was released. But there's no way to get the data from EA so it's moot.