My last say

the1khegg
12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I don't care about the pom pom wavers or the trollers. I do not have a reddit or twitter access so I cannot get my opinion accross on those social media so I am going to post my opinion here... I have been a long time, in my opinion supporter of Battlefield. If you doubt it you can look and see the amout of hours I have put into this francise for the past few years. But for the past couple of months I have logged ZERO hours. Why? because I am protesting/boycotting this game from that point foward... WHY? one reason is... I purchased this game PRE-launch for 79.99 dollars and I DO NOT feel I have been adequately compensated! Esp since a couple of weeks after lauch the game went into the bargain bin for $29.99! I do not feel I personally have been compensated for my purchase to this day!!! I'm glad I am not a stock holder in EA/Dice because if I was I would be selling NOW!!! Yes it appears that Apex has saved the day, but seriously! Battelefield had so much potential and now it is going down the tubes! I'm really not sure what happened? Too much catering to the whiners?? Trying to move towards the present successful games? I'm not sure...

I will admit, I was a COD follower, but I switched to battlefield years ago because it was more REAL. There was bullet drop and much more realiam to the game!. I guess instead of rambling on... This game was SO close, but it has gone so far away from where it was close [If that makes sense] that it has actually made me quit FPS for good... Not sure whether to thank you or blame you... [do you really need to figure that out???]

I guess I need to thank you for putting me back into my real world instead of having fun escaping into the virtual world...

Do you care??? [I did not state any opinions of why I think this game is subordinate because I think you have enough posts that tell you why...]

I hope someday you can bring me back, but I can tell you one thing [and your investors] the game needs to be FINISHED when it's launched...

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA does not care about you as a person/individual; they only care about you as a consumer, a cash cow (though this is probably true for all large corporations).

So OP, keep on voting with your wallet and your feet because that is your right as a consumer. Do what you think is right, that is all I will say.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are still previous bf games. Stick to those until bfv is in a playable state for you.
  • the1khegg
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA does not care about you as a person/individual; they only care about you as a consumer, a cash cow (though this is probably true for all large corporations).

So OP, keep on voting with your wallet and your feet because that is your right as a consumer. Do what you think is right, that is all I will say.

I hear what you are saying [seriously I know where you are coming from] I am just disappointed because this game WAS close to going the direction that needed to be gone, but unfortunately they went completely the wrong direction... I was so in the position to support this game COMPLETELY, but now...
  • the1khegg
    edited April 2019
    There are still previous bf games. Stick to those until bfv is in a playable state for you.
    You are probably right, It's just that I really wanted to support this new game and it's so disappointing that I cannot, I really need to go back to BF4
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the1khegg said:
    I don't care about the pom pom wavers or the trollers. I do not have a reddit or twitter access so I cannot get my opinion accross on those social media so I am going to post my opinion here... I have been a long time, in my opinion supporter of Battlefield. If you doubt it you can look and see the amout of hours I have put into this francise for the past few years. But for the past couple of months I have logged ZERO hours. Why? because I am protesting/boycotting this game from that point foward... WHY? one reason is... I purchased this game PRE-launch for 79.99 dollars and I DO NOT feel I have been adequately compensated! Esp since a couple of weeks after lauch the game went into the bargain bin for $29.99! I do not feel I personally have been compensated for my purchase to this day!!! I'm glad I am not a stock holder in EA/Dice because if I was I would be selling NOW!!! Yes it appears that Apex has saved the day, but seriously! Battelefield had so much potential and now it is going down the tubes! I'm really not sure what happened? Too much catering to the whiners?? Trying to move towards the present successful games? I'm not sure...

I will admit, I was a COD follower, but I switched to battlefield years ago because it was more REAL. There was bullet drop and much more realiam to the game!. I guess instead of rambling on... This game was SO close, but it has gone so far away from where it was close [If that makes sense] that it has actually made me quit FPS for good... Not sure whether to thank you or blame you... [do you really need to figure that out???]

I guess I need to thank you for putting me back into my real world instead of having fun escaping into the virtual world...

Do you care??? [I did not state any opinions of why I think this game is subordinate because I think you have enough posts that tell you why...]

I hope someday you can bring me back, but I can tell you one thing [and your investors] the game needs to be FINISHED when it's launched...

I'm a little confused here. You made a mistake in purchasing the game, yet there has been DOZENS of warnings not to pre-order over the years. With tragedies like FO76 and other pre-order mishaps, I'm failing to understand why you didn't head those warnings, especially from a company with a track record like EA.
    According to your battlefieldtracker profile, you haven't even touched multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong (and please provide a link) but you're not on Origin, Xbox, or PSN. I find that a bit odd for someone that's been in the franchise for years yet doesn't have battlefieldtracker information, especially for BFV.
    I'd also like to explain a few things. The game likely went on sale because like... it was a holiday? I know it's hard to believe, but the game didn't even go on sale until thanksgiving, and that's black friday. It goes against the common belief that it was because they wanted to get players in the game, but I don't even believe that. It literally went on sale the same time as a lot of games did across Steam, Origin, and other services. It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas.
    I highly doubt you saying anything about stock means anything to anyone except to vent your frustration, which is understandable. But I do think you're misunderstanding exactly why Apex is great and why BFV is leaving a poor taste in your, and many other's, mouths. Apex is great because it takes a genre that's relatively new and evolves it. It's the same with every great game. Taking a genre and completely turning it upside down. This is why BF4 and BF3 were such hits. It's why crowds cheered for BF1's announcement trailer while they shouted at the COD trailer. They wanted something different. BFV isn't different enough and Apex scratches that itch just like Fortnite did this time last year.
    If you're going to start blaming "whiners" then you should start blaming yourself too. If you lump everyone that has ever had critique or criticism in any negative connotation as "whiners" then you fall under that category too.
    Rhetorical questions aside, I personally don't care. I want you to have the best experience that you can have. Obviously BFV isn't that right now, so take a break. Do something you like. Develop a new hobby. Learn a new skill. Play a different game. And don't make the same mistakes you did with BFV and continue to pre-order games.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the1khegg wrote: »

Well if you pre ordered and I take it you went for deluxe, then its your own fault, got nothing to blame but yourself.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see some pot calling the kettle black goin on, people in here lol

If you expected BFV to actually be 'GOOD' OP I know what you mean, but you're going to get some very ignorant people that can't handle your post of criticism towards DICE or BFV at all, this game has maaany problems and they aren't getting fixed while DICE keep adding more.

How about those melee weapons and face paints as quality content though?

• PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What’s funny, OP, is that if you were a stock holder then you actually would have a say. More actual gamers need to become investors if you want to see any real change at EA. That’s the only way it’ll happen. Right now, none of the people at the top actually play games and as long as that’s the case nothing will change.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What’s funny, OP, is that if you were a stock holder then you actually would have a say. More actual gamers need to become investors if you want to see any real change at EA. That’s the only way it’ll happen. Right now, none of the people at the top actually play games and as long as that’s the case nothing will change.
    Nobody who has real knowledge about the Stock market AND really wants to use it to increase his profits, would invest in EA. As a Gambler yes but not as a serious asset of your overall portfolio.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    PoppaPappo said:

Nobody who has real knowledge about the Stock market AND really wants to use it to increase his profits, would invest in EA. As a Gambler yes but not as a serious asset of your overall portfolio.

I know that. I wasn’t talking about investing in EA from a financial standpoint as a means to make money or have “a serious asset to your overall portfolio,” though. I thought that was clear.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't understand over all the heavy breathing.
  • Trokey66
    8640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't a more effective boycott have been NOT to buy it in the first place?
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    aRrAyStArTaT0 made a great post. Although I'm a fan of the game I know it's a different BF than what people expected so I also respect the OPs post.

Generally speaking though, I do feel like consumers need to take more responsibility when it comes to purchasing games. I preorder games rarely and only when I'm positive It's worth it and usually when I have some kind of discount code. If not I wait for sales which always come soon after. Not saying the OP is specifically doing it, but I hate when people use paying full price as a sole reason for entitlement.
  • johnkapa1
    268 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the1khegg said:

I'm a little confused here. You made a mistake in purchasing the game, yet there has been DOZENS of warnings not to pre-order over the years. With tragedies like FO76 and other pre-order mishaps, I'm failing to understand why you didn't head those warnings, especially from a company with a track record like EA.
    According to your battlefieldtracker profile, you haven't even touched multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong (and please provide a link) but you're not on Origin, Xbox, or PSN. I find that a bit odd for someone that's been in the franchise for years yet doesn't have battlefieldtracker information, especially for BFV.
    I'd also like to explain a few things. The game likely went on sale because like... it was a holiday? I know it's hard to believe, but the game didn't even go on sale until thanksgiving, and that's black friday. It goes against the common belief that it was because they wanted to get players in the game, but I don't even believe that. It literally went on sale the same time as a lot of games did across Steam, Origin, and other services. It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas.
    I highly doubt you saying anything about stock means anything to anyone except to vent your frustration, which is understandable. But I do think you're misunderstanding exactly why Apex is great and why BFV is leaving a poor taste in your, and many other's, mouths. Apex is great because it takes a genre that's relatively new and evolves it. It's the same with every great game. Taking a genre and completely turning it upside down. This is why BF4 and BF3 were such hits. It's why crowds cheered for BF1's announcement trailer while they shouted at the COD trailer. They wanted something different. BFV isn't different enough and Apex scratches that itch just like Fortnite did this time last year.
    If you're going to start blaming "whiners" then you should start blaming yourself too. If you lump everyone that has ever had critique or criticism in any negative connotation as "whiners" then you fall under that category too.
    Rhetorical questions aside, I personally don't care. I want you to have the best experience that you can have. Obviously BFV isn't that right now, so take a break. Do something you like. Develop a new hobby. Learn a new skill. Play a different game. And don't make the same mistakes you did with BFV and continue to pre-order games.
    Damn someone's trying to be a life coach over here lol
  • Redstripe101
    2748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 wrote: »
    aRrAyStArTaT0 said:

the1khegg said:

I'm a little confused here. You made a mistake in purchasing the game, yet there has been DOZENS of warnings not to pre-order over the years. With tragedies like FO76 and other pre-order mishaps, I'm failing to understand why you didn't head those warnings, especially from a company with a track record like EA..According to your battlefieldtracker profile, you haven't even touched multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong (and please provide a link) but you're not on Origin, Xbox, or PSN. I find that a bit odd for someone that's been in the franchise for years yet doesn't have battlefieldtracker information, especially for BFV.
    .I'd also like to explain a few things. The game likely went on sale because like... it was a holiday? I know it's hard to believe, but the game didn't even go on sale until thanksgiving, and that's black friday. It goes against the common belief that it was because they wanted to get players in the game, but I don't even believe that. It literally went on sale the same time as a lot of games did across Steam, Origin, and other services. It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas.
    .I highly doubt you saying anything about stock means anything to anyone except to vent your frustration, which is understandable. But I do think you're misunderstanding exactly why Apex is great and why BFV is leaving a poor taste in your, and many other's, mouths. Apex is great because it takes a genre that's relatively new and evolves it. It's the same with every great game. Taking a genre and completely turning it upside down. This is why BF4 and BF3 were such hits. It's why crowds cheered for BF1's announcement trailer while they shouted at the COD trailer. They wanted something different. BFV isn't different enough and Apex scratches that itch just like Fortnite did this time last year..If you're going to start blaming "whiners" then you should start blaming yourself too. If you lump everyone that has ever had critique or criticism in any negative connotation as "whiners" then you fall under that category too..Rhetorical questions aside, I personally don't care. I want you to have the best experience that you can have. Obviously BFV isn't that right now, so take a break. Do something you like. Develop a new hobby. Learn a new skill. Play a different game. And don't make the same mistakes you did with BFV and continue to pre-order games.

Damn someone's trying to be a life coach over here lol
    Its pathetic to watch people try to explain things they dont know anything about.

lol @ the discount sale cycle because of holidaya 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• HuwJarz
    3996 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

lol @ the discount sale cycle because of holidaya 🤣🤣🤣🤣

yeah. lol. 

" It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas."

Nope

The game was put on sale because retailer who PREBOUGHT stock had to dump it. BF was barely discounted at all until January sales after release. This is just more shill narrative
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I got my 30 bucks back for this dumpster of a AAA game lol