Almost every Conquest game is unballanced anymore - What is that, EA?

FireStarterGR
23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Since a month now, almost every game I join with my friends is unballanced. Either the one or the other team rules the game. It's totally useless to try anything. No way to take a flag. 32 players attacks one flag. Its a kind of hunting for one team and hiding for the other. No ballance. No way to overcome this. I dont believe it has to do with players that dont play the objevtive. It is simply impossible to react when 3 players or more, are shooting at you at every time, every place, anytime and everywhere you spawn. There are two things you can do. Die like 30-40 times in a game, or quit the match. I would like to read your experience guys. I mean, I dont like it even if I am at the side that is hunting. Especially in FJELL the team that is "choosen" to die by DICE's artificial intelligence (A.I.) is closed behind A flag, and everybody dies there. No way to escape in another flag. The game is over and the hunting season is open!!!

Comments

• MrCamp121
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hence i dont play conquest anymore. I switched to dom where a good squad can control a game. instead of being switched to the potato team and suffering, you may get switched but still dominate and control and win.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not that there was any ballance since the game is out... Removing the ability to switch teams really helped :D
  • Agrioxiros
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Removing the ability to switch teams really helped :D
    No BF game ever had balance. As for team switching? Yes, that indeed helped.
    Obviously, you never played BF4 to understand what team switching is and how bad it is.

BFs had and unfortunately still have horrible matchmaking systems. The only game that I've seen being worse, was Destiny 2 on PS4.
    Very sad, as I enjoy playing conquest the most but there is nothing we can do. Proper balancing for DEACE is probably second below the bottom of priorities.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    838 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like I said in a few other threads here.  The match making is really lopsided.  Yeah I steam rolled plenty of players on Bad Company 2.  But that was the best game for consoles.  But anyway it feels like on BF5 you join a match in progress you got a 98% chance of a loss.  They spot you take is from a rage quitter most likely.

If you join a winner you better ride that baby for hours to try and get your win/loss ration back to batting .500.  hahahahah  Also going solo doesn't help my cause I guess.  But not all my friends get on at same time.  Also most quit BF5 how long before I bought it for $30.  Heck I even took a break from BF5 last 4 or 5 days.  Gaming is a bit dull lately.  I'm ready for XBOX2 already.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Removing the ability to switch teams really helped :D
    No BF game ever had balance. As for team switching? Yes, that indeed helped.
    Obviously, you never played BF4 to understand what team switching is and how bad it is.

BFs had and unfortunately still have horrible matchmaking systems. The only game that I've seen being worse, was Destiny 2 on PS4.
    Very sad, as I enjoy playing conquest the most but there is nothing we can do. Proper balancing for DEACE is probably second below the bottom of priorities.
    Removing teamballancing changed nothing I still see >90% unballanced games. And I played more BF4 than you I guess... So miss me with that nonsense.
  • VOLBANKER
    659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would it work if you could switch to the losing team, but not the other way around?
  • Agrioxiros
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 11
    VOLBANKER said:
    Would it work if you could switch to the losing team, but not the other way around?
    The problem with switch team is that it requires an empty slot on the other team to work. So if people don't rage quit, even if you wanted to switch to the losing team you wouldn't be able to.
    Otherwise, you would need either an admin to do it manually or the server to team balance. But like I said team balancing in BF games suck and mid round autobalance also sucks.

Removing the ability to switch teams really helped

Removing teamballancing changed nothing I still see >90% unballanced games. And I played more BF4 than you I guess... So miss me with that nonsense.

You said team switching and that's what I talked about. What teambalance are you bringing up now? I said (and you even quoted me) that it sucks.  Miss me with that nonsense. Some of us are actually trying to communicate here.
    Team switching made everything worst. Mid-round autobalance also sucked cause you worked to get to a good place and suddenly everything you had done turned against you.
    What all BF games need, is a working autobalance at the start of the round, or bringing back the "catch-up" system or whatever it was called, which gave the illusion of close matches.
  • Agrioxiros
    edited April 12
    Removing the ability to switch teams really helped

You mentioned team switching which only made things worst. What team balancing are you bringing up now? I said (and you even quoted me) that it sucks. Also the game has teambalancing. At the start of the round. Unless you want mid-round balancing, another wonderful "feature". So miss me with that nonsense. Some of us are actually trying to communicate here.

VOLBANKER said:
    The percentage of players using it would be so minuscule that it would be like the choice isn't even there. Besides for a team switch to occur, you need an empty slot on the other team in order to go.
    What BF games need is a autobalance (at the start of the round) that works, or bringing back the "catch-up system" or whatever it was that made games seem really close.
    Post edited by Agrioxiros on
  • Woodlbrad
    477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to battlefield its been happening since forever.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play 32p game modes-- much better, less random chaos.
  • bran1986
    5307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly the last couple of times I have played conquest, the matches have been pretty close.
  • g0merpile
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    QUIT, QUIT, QUIT
  • Europar
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This happens occasionally, but quite sad when it happens. It's so unfair to play in a unbalanced match, for both teams. What's more important than a fair fight?

I understand auto-balancing in mid-game has conflict with squad, what about giving players the power for balancing?

Suggestion:

1. When teams are off (for more than 5+ players), auto pause the game, until teams are even
    2. Provide "Switch Team" button and only enable it for team that has more players
    3. During an active match, players are allowed to switch teams, only if the switch does not trigger point #1
    4. In an active match, players are only allowed to switch team once
    5. Rule #4 if lifted when #1 happens
  • VOLBANKER
    659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If one team gains a somewhat big lead initially, people from the losing team will typically start fleeing the server. Then the leading team will gain additional momentum from fighting i.e. 32 players vs. only 26 on the other team.

In such a case the catch up mechanics that were in the game earlier might actually make sense.

Is it fair to the leading team that the losing team gets a "helping hand" in terms of catch up mechanics? No.
    But is it fair to those players on the losing team who actually grit their teeth and fight back instead of just quitting the server should be rewarded by getting even more steamrolled?
  • Billydoc1
    498 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP why blaming EA?
    EA don't handle the players
    don't affect the MM...MM is DICE's business
    players are useless...most of them not even BF players...majority of BF players left BFV...most of them play BFH,BF3 & BF4 still & other games
    BF lost its path...becoming worse with every single release...BF had a FUN gameplay which is long gone...BFV has great graphics,sounds & crazy details but the fun has gone..
    The fun gameplay is important for the BF games.Fun IMHO has gone.
    Sad but true. & i don't like it at all...i see a near future without any BF games in my library...& then perhaps no more gaming for me...
    BF3 made me a gamer on PS3 for every damn day..lots of fun & laughs...this is not happening anymore...& i want to love BFV so much...
    BC come on...we need few hrs to escape & forget our RL issues & have some fun wqith friends...
    I am staying for now,bc i love BF...i wish & hope for the best...cheers
  • krliathbirdeate
    255 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Billydoc1 wrote: »
    OP why blaming EA?
    EA don't handle the players
    don't affect the MM...MM is DICE's business
    players are useless...most of them not even BF players...majority of BF players left BFV...most of them play BFH,BF3 & BF4 still & other games
    BF lost its path...becoming worse with every single release...BF had a FUN gameplay which is long gone...BFV has great graphics,sounds & crazy details but the fun has gone..
    The fun gameplay is important for the BF games.Fun IMHO has gone.
    Sad but true. & i don't like it at all...i see a near future without any BF games in my library...& then perhaps no more gaming for me...
    BF3 made me a gamer on PS3 for every damn day..lots of fun & laughs...this is not happening anymore...& i want to love BFV so much...
    BC come on...we need few hrs to escape & forget our RL issues & have some fun wqith friends...
    I am staying for now,bc i love BF...i wish & hope for the best...cheers

Well it won't change anything if 10 people are complaining and they all want a different thing the developers can't find out what the user want and whats the right development. EA sucks i agree but still it dosen't mean this game is finish its only been less than year this game still have hope and we can fix it. Give ideas i only complain since a lot of stuff had bugs and that the game development process problem but lack of content that something the developer and user had to work together not the developer him self trying
  • krliathbirdeate
    255 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    It only been less than a year i see hope since after some complain post they did fix some bugs i hate EA and i wish they stop touching the game but even when some stuff don't make sense and some stuff seem like they just made with out thinking a lot of these stuff is from the users ideas and they try to adapt too many ideas at ones so its cause a problem its just we still have have hope lets give them some idea maybe we can fix stuff
  • MatthewSkeet
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ill keep saing this....

balancing should be based on combination of K/D , Score/min and Kill/min

campers rarely have good score per minute but OK K/D and maybe decent kill/min

if you look at decent players like thebrokenmachine, JRob, Stodeh, jackfrags they are players who ptfo and it shows in their stats as well
  • AreaDeniaI
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    Its happening since Firestorm release. PUBG , Fortnite, Dayz etc audience plagued Battlefield and you can clearly see people have no idea what to do and how to play. They are running across the map, camping in vehicles in spawn, not capturing flags. I have to constantly kick people off my squad, they are not reviving, they are afk at base or just take tank and sit there 200m far from closes flag. They cant kill anything, having 2/15 KD, not healing. Just random casuals running all over like headless chickens. I have 450 hours played but since day Firestorm was released, conquest went to ****. And its first thing you click when you enter multiplayer so i believe this is also reason. Every time i join the game, half of my team is some sub lvl20 casuals laying all over the map with Sten thinking they can play this as PUBG. Im decent player but i can easily get 50-5 nowadays because opponents are absolute trash.

Im having 15-20 man kill streaks with Bren while attacking flags because there are 3 ppl shooting at me and they cant even hit me. Its terrible and makes Conquest experience really bad. There should be some dedicated server for low levels so they are not runing fun for other people. 5-10 clueless players in your team and you are done.

In past 450 hours i never had games which ended 650-0 where we push enemy team to their base in first 3 minutes. And if you have 5 games like this in row, something went wrong.