What do you want the next Battlefield in the series to be?

Rex_Holez
152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
For me I'm hoping for a remake of BF2 with the same maps, same scale, 6 person squads, commander, and a long time to rank up and to unlock new guns. 

Also I would be happy with BF2143 and another Vietnam.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The concept does not matter.
    What matters is that it has good gameplay (that includes no technical issues), replayability and as Elliot said, enjoy-ability.
  • Ov3r_ToRQueD
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The concept does not matter.What matters is that it has good gameplay (that includes no technical issues), replayability and as Elliot said, enjoy-ability.

Probably Vietnam, Modern or slightly Futuristic theme would be in high demand. But as you and Elliot said game has to be fun and replayable. If next installment is a flop like this game then we all know what will happen.
  • TamKingski
    1747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me to even go near another EA/Diice shooter in the future it must be free from these so called gamechangers/youtubers,imo they have helped change this series for the worse by introdicing gameplay changes that favour their playstyle and preferred class (assault) so they can continue to churn out monetized videos. Its clear they dont speak for the community at large but only for themselves.
  • Zviko0
    1672 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe if it's Vietnam or something we haven't seen yet BUT they have to bring premium back or some other form of confirmation that there will be a lot of content in the future.

Only then I will buy it.
  • zenn_nme
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cold War gone Hot. B)
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I just want it to be enjoyable. 
    enough & well said
  • grrlpurple
    836 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cold War gone hot... 60s 70s and 80s 🔥
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Korean war gets my vote.
  • SirBobdk
    4209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not like BFV
  • heresPaul
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    Narcos fan so I was thinking maybe drug wars set in Colombia/Mexico/US in 80s and 90s...Urban/Jungle/Desert/Mansions/nightclubs wherever you want
    Or Vietnam because I never did play battlefield Vietnam
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    heresPaul said:
    Narcos fan so I was thinking maybe drug wars set in Colombia/Mexico/US in 80s and 90s...Urban/Jungle/Desert/Mansions/nightclubs wherever you want
    I don't blame you due to recent political events for thinking those were wars, they are not and DICE/EA would not dare cover mopping up of civilians caught on the wrong side of things.
  • astraussdc
    356 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I know it's not in the spirit of the question but BFV was bad enough I currently don't care what the next Battlefield is.  If doesn't promise significantly improved gameplay and design that I can try out beforehand in an open beta, the set dressing simply doesn't matter as I will not buy more of this current trash.  But, sure, assuming the next game does a 360 and doesn't suck, some other historical period like Vietnam or Korea might be cool, preferably not completely modern or futuristic as there are lots of those out there already. 
  • heresPaul
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    heresPaul said:

I don't blame you due to recent political events for thinking those were wars, they are not and DICE/EA would not dare cover mopping up of civilians caught on the wrong side of things.
    Who mentioned civilians? I didn’t see any in Hardline which included the DEA v gangs
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    heresPaul said:
    heresPaul said:

Who mentioned civilians? I didn’t see any in Hardline which included the DEA v gangs
    Which was a huge failure, do you really want them to go niche and fail so hard EA pull the plug on the franchise?
  • heresPaul
    heresPaul said:

ThemPingsLOL wrote: »
    heresPaul said:

Which was a huge failure, do you really want them to go niche and fail so hard EA pull the plug on the franchise?
    So what’s your suggestion then for guaranteed success? I’m curious
  • von_Campenstein
    heresPaul said:
    heresPaul said:

ThemPingsLOL wrote: »
    heresPaul said:

So what’s your suggestion then for guaranteed success? I’m curious
    There is no such thing when they can't even get their servers running right, netcode problem trumps all. When asked before BF1 many people wanted WW2, they got WW1, when asked before BF5 again many people wanted Korea, they got WW2 so with that in mind Korea would be a good bet but then again strings may have been pulled and they might have been told to go modern to bring over the holdouts from BF4 and have a vastly larger amount of customizable gear to monetize.
  • PackersDK
    780 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ve wanted a Indochina/Korea (1949-1954-ish) setting for long. But perhaps it’s a bit too close to WW2.

I’m not sure I if can play one more BF with a BFV level weapon re-use from BF1. So second wish would be an 80’s scenario, Cold War thing. 
  • heresPaul
    I’d say that a 1950s war in Korea would be riskier than my suggestion, at least the drugs war or battle or whatever it’s called has exposure on Netflix or movies like Sicario... but yeah itll probably be back to modern warfare anyway so whatever
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13437 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hi @Rex_Holez
    I'm going to have to close this thread as it is off topic ( not bfv related ) and there are multiple threads in the off topic section regarding future titles.

Feel free to look in there and contribute to the currently active threads rather than creating a duplicate.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/categories/off-topic

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.