Weekly BF

Introducing Battlefield V: Firestorm Duo Weekend

Comments

• LEXXZAN
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This really made my day! To bad it's only up until monday.. Hopefully it comes back asap! Love it
  • WrR0n
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please make it permanent. I playing always duo with my friend en somstimes solo.
  • stevepunch_182
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duo mode permanent please!!!!!! It's not always easy to find 3 friends to play with. 
  • HArS11iTGupta
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PartWelsh said:

Morning folks,

Today we’re introducing Duo to Firestorm. It’s available in game for you to play right now.

It’s our first time putting Duo out into the wild having started work on the mode much later in Firestorms development. We love it, and we think it’s a great addition to the game, but we recognize best that we’re better hearing that from you, and we’d appreciate your support in helping to make it a strong addition to Firestorm, and Battlefield V.

We’re making it available until 10am UTC on Monday 15th April, at which point we’ll come back to you all to ask how you found the experience. Did it change the pacing of the games for you? Did it cause for hotter drops? Were you enjoying it as much as Solos and Squads? Were you primarily playing with Randoms, or Squadding with a friend, and how did each of those two matchmaking types change things for you with the experience?

You can add your feedback here on this thread, so don’t be shy to share your thoughts as you go. Next week, we’ll look at the hard data that we get from our various teams, as well as the feedback that you share with us here. We’ll then come back and share our learnings next week.

Enjoy Duo!

FM

DUOS Mode is working as it should. But it should be a permanent mode. It's working great and it has no problems at all. Just make it a permanent mode as soon as possible..
  • HArS11iTGupta
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    woba42 said:
    Now just make it permanent and don't try to be "unique" with these limited time modes, thanks :)
    Both "RUSH" Mode for Multiplayer and 'DUOS' Mode for Firestorm should be permanent modes..
  • SenseiGoodie
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is this real? A community telling a company not to remove one of the game modes they have released?
    Just leave it and we all should focus on reporting bugs and asking for improvements.

We have payed 50€ for this game, removing one game mode should only be accepted at the expense of improving other features of the game, such as

- MORE MAPS
    - matchmaking mode
    - improving user experience
    - no bugs (freezes, crashes to desktop when minimizing or playing)
    - best bandwidth for servers
    - no cheats
    - map creation mode

A lot of things that mean extra money and development, but it is more profitable to sell assets, skins and all that stuff.

I miss BF1942 times, when I was able to create my own maps and share them.

I would like to see old EA, when original game was great and expansions (Road To Rome, Secret Weapons) were full of fun and I was willing to pay 20€ for them.

It seems that number of expansions buyers x € per expansion <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< € per skin x number of skins sold
  • Pallock
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duos are so much more fun. Easy decision for me.. either permanent duos or I'll go play something else.
  • smiggyg
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing many rounds of both Solo and Squads I honestly feel like Duos hits that sweet spot. Please make it permanent. It's really a no-brainer to keep Duos. Many will be upset once it's removed.

Also it really would have been nice to know when Duos was coming. Sure we heard it was coming sometime in April but it dropped out of the blue. Better communication would be great.
  • Rev111
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Weekend? are you kidding me? i will quit the game again if you remove it.
  • Rev111
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duos are always best because its twice the amount of combat of solo, without the chaotic 4 man that makes it impossible to keep up with the game pase (walls, looting, reviving etc) AKA makes me wanna **** myself.
  • pinguinoj
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pinguinoj said:
    yes i m sure too the players will like it... the problem is another one... dice received a lot of positiv  feedback for teams conquest, but they didnt insert it again... i m shure they have own motivation....
    Squad Conquest? It's coming back. 

-Braddock512-
    Thanks a lot, i hope they will decide to insert privat server too :-) Thanks for the answer.
  • Kapelmuur
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played several rounds last night--what a blast! It hits the sweet spot between that isolated feeling you get as a solo and the cluster f-ery that squad play can become. This should absolutely be a permanent mode, thanks.
  • KIIXXVI
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Please keep DUO mode played a few rounds last night with my squad mate and we had a blast even though we didn't won it was definitely fun!
  • WithershinsI
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Make the duo mode in firestorm permanent, please. The synergy between 2 random players is better than in 4, the loot is better and also improves the ttk & ttd.
  • RicardoHPR
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where the south america servers?? in solo US server, in duo US server, in squad US server!! i cant play it 180 ms of ping!!!!!! i dont buy this game to play it this ping!
  • FischerXXV
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    I feel Squads and Solos are more fun. Duo's will just dilute the player pool making it harder/longer to find matches in Solo and Squad mode. I feel the pacing an action are fantastic in Squads and in Solos its different play style/challenge as you have to be much more careful about who and when you engage players. Duo's don't add anything to the game other than diluting the player pools...in my opinion. Thanks for all the work. Love the Game. Best BR game out there at the moment. 
  • UMPhreak
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't come to the forums that often, But I feel like i need to voice my opinion on the limited time Duo's Firestorm.  This mode needs to stay in the game, or come back as soon as possible.  I have played a lot of firestorm, and Duo's is by far the best out of the 3.  I usually just Solo queue for Squads and it rarely turns into a good game for me.   Playing duo's I have met many players and have had some great games with just random teammates. The pacing is better, the loot is much better, If your squad is down you are not going to have to 1v4 in a final circle which is close to impossible against any decent players.  I really hope this becomes a permanent mode it is by far my preferred way to play Firestorm unless I have 3 BFF's on.  Dice Plz
  • BombaKing
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please duos forever!

duo is the best mode! I always play with only one friend and so we always have to play against 4 people because we do not want strangers in our squad because it is very difficult because of the communication!

• StrictlyBattle
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looking back I forgot to add why I feel money is being left on the table.
    Duos trial ends on April 15th correct?
    That is the same day the in game store regens?
    I believe that a large percentage of people playing Duos have no clue duo game mode is a limited time.
    Now A percentage of those people are whales who like me, purchase everything in the store.
    (I put my money where my mouth is and purchased 12,000 BOINS because I want to support this Battle Royal) = (loyalty)
    ?
    Why do i think a good percentage of players who love BR duos are whales?
    = they fully grasp the mechanics of BR + Duos is their game mode brah!
    > Here are the facts = name thee only other BR duos avail?
    Now who has the best?
    Pubg players play firestorm once & most switch, Blackout players don't want to play pubg but are tired of blackout duo.
    Add this all together and you have a positive flow of BR duo players that given the opportunity to purchase items in store, (they will spend money)
    !!
    The only problem is, !!
    y'all are cutting Duos at minimum a week prematurely imo.
    "Hell ya, the store regens in 2 days, can't wait to buy everything in the store bro!"
    "Wait, hold on"
    "Where did dous go?
    "No more duos on the same day the store regens?" .... (just left money on the table)
    :::: anyways,,,,
    Think about it.
    The timing seems all wrong
    But, then again, maybe I am wrong.
    I am speculating based on my years of gaming and trends I have seen the last 2 years, <without seeing financials = could easily be dead wrong?
    So ya, This is just how my Brian works.
    If I am correct though,
    This example is one of a few what I call "Bigger Picture" issues I see overlooked with Battlefield.
    Honestly, how much does EA stand to loose by running duos for another week? Idk I really am curious.
    How much could EA profit having duos around when the store regen happens?
    Idk either but I am sure someone on staff could risk assessment..
    There you go, long winded and probably hard to read but I tried to explain my view the best I can.
    In closing:
    if I am wrong I apologize for wasting your time.
    If I am right however
    I have a couple of nearly cost free ideas that could generate healthy profits..
    Thanks for listening thank you for Firestorm.
    -AC
  • RolnThunder47
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Liking duo far more than squad. Much easier to play with a buddy or one coordinated random than to try and get a full squad on the same page. Also allows for better coordinated movements around the map. Hoping duo will become a permanent game mode.
This discussion has been closed.