I hate this game and I'm done

Comments

  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, something wrong with the quoting in this forum.. ^^^ I wrote the last line there

    "Many people could benefit from having this same belief.. Regardless if the company (or supporters of said company) wants to hear it or not.."
    After you click the quote button press 'down' on your arrow key once and you should be able to reply without it being in the quote too :)
  • EdwinSpangler
    1778 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Yea, something wrong with the quoting in this forum.. ^^^ I wrote the last line there

    "Many people could benefit from having this same belief.. Regardless if the company (or supporters of said company) wants to hear it or not.."
    After you click the quote button press 'down' on your arrow key once and you should be able to reply without it being in the quote too :)
    Thank you
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad Company 2 is still the best battlefield for consoles.  Yet it was last gen console as well.  Sad times we live in.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    Kayback said:
    I think players coming on to the forum can form an opinion of the game from constructive discussions and not those threads that want attention.

    The mods have a penchant for merging threads of the same subject. Please create a new one titled 'Salty crybabies leaving the game and want you to know about it'.

    Back in my day (I sound old here) one did not need to advertise that you were moving on...

    Are you incapable of ignoring a post and not clicking on it?

    Back in my day we didn't need to leave a franchise because it was still good and enjoyable.
    Yes I'm capable of ignoring posts like this one, oh wait there. 

    You said you're not playing anymore, if you're not enjoying the franchise why are you still here? 

    Do you want to write a bye-bye note too, I'll supply you with a box of tissues!
  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Bad Company 2 is still the best battlefield for consoles.  Yet it was last gen console as well.  Sad times we live in.

    I just re-installed the backwards compatible version on my Xbox for the lols but it seems to be dead.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Bad Company 2 is still the best battlefield for consoles.  Yet it was last gen console as well.  Sad times we live in.

    I just re-installed the backwards compatible version on my Xbox for the lols but it seems to be dead.
    Yeah Bad Company 2 population is a hit or a miss.  Some days empty servers or other days 6vs6 on NAM.  Last month almost had a full server on a vanilla map for rush.
  • Sk1lld
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hate is such a strong word.
    .
    I don't play anymore because I prefer to wait until BFV is fixed. The cheating and bugs in this game are game breaking. I know not all suffer from the sound bug "sounds missing" but for me it's a deal breaker.
    .
    As for the peeps that say "Then why do you come here?" Like most, I come to see if a patch actually fix's issues rather then breaks more. Then I will most likely reinstall, but at this point it's not looking good.
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 12
    Love the way the op's complaint starts with 'thats all I'm going to say" and then launches into a massive moan..... So that's not all your going to say then?

    Why would you want a franchise you apparently like to fail? I know you don't like bfv but a game failing doesn't necessarily mean a better game replaces it, sometimes it just means the game will die for good. To much risk for the publisher, not enough reward.

    Suggesting improvements, complain about bugs yeah that has to be done but wanting it to fail is pretty dumb, unless you just fundamentally don't like battlefield, then I guess it makes sense.
    Post edited by JamieCurnock on
  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    ElliotLH said:
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Bad Company 2 is still the best battlefield for consoles.  Yet it was last gen console as well.  Sad times we live in.

    I just re-installed the backwards compatible version on my Xbox for the lols but it seems to be dead.
    Yeah Bad Company 2 population is a hit or a miss.  Some days empty servers or other days 6vs6 on NAM.  Last month almost had a full server on a vanilla map for rush.
    Yep it was a 6v6 match that I eventually found and got t-bagged...a lot hahaha. I think I'll keep in on my hard drive for a while and check in every now and again :)
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Yes I'm capable of ignoring posts like this one, oh wait there. 

    You said you're not playing anymore, if you're not enjoying the franchise why are you still here? 

    Do you want to write a bye-bye note too, I'll supply you with a box of tissues!

    Well obviously you're not cos you're coming in it and whining. But whatever.

    Why am I still here if I have stopped playing? You do realize I can ask you the same question. If you're happy to play the current game why are you on the forum?

    But I'm still here hoping it'll be turned around and developed into a decent game. I'm not super hopeful. The gay old times of BF2 carried over quite well into Bad Company 2, BF3 and in a slightly diluted but still fun to play way BF4. Hard-line was a crazy take on the whole thing and I actually didn't dislike it that much. The beta was way more fun than the production game.

    BF1 seemed to kill the fun aspect of the Battlefield franchise. I almost want to say the irreverence. Battlefield was never "super serial" as a game. It was almost self aware that it was a game and not a simulation. BF1 stepped horribly on that idea, driving it into the mud like a freshly gasses corpse that's been riddled with machinegun bullets in no man's land. But then they made it a Steampunk BF4. Red dot sight vertical grip assault rifles all round and aircraft and tanks that out perform the modern equivalents. Sort of like trying to have your cake and eat it.

    BFV has gone down that branch, but worse. There are many aspects of the game I dislike, and that isn't just "dur I don like changes!". The buggy vaulting, the rubber banding, the poor sound quality on many of the guns, the OP nature of certain kits, the uninspired flatness of maps, the kill-streak awards...

    I'm hoping for an improvement and I will try again when the new map or factions are released. Till then I'll hang around the forum, if that's OK with you.
  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback said:
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Yes I'm capable of ignoring posts like this one, oh wait there. 

    You said you're not playing anymore, if you're not enjoying the franchise why are you still here? 

    Do you want to write a bye-bye note too, I'll supply you with a box of tissues!

    Well obviously you're not cos you're coming in it and whining. But whatever.

    Why am I still here if I have stopped playing? You do realize I can ask you the same question. If you're happy to play the current game why are you on the forum?

    But I'm still here hoping it'll be turned around and developed into a decent game. I'm not super hopeful. The gay old times of BF2 carried over quite well into Bad Company 2, BF3 and in a slightly diluted but still fun to play way BF4. Hard-line was a crazy take on the whole thing and I actually didn't dislike it that much. The beta was way more fun than the production game.

    BF1 seemed to kill the fun aspect of the Battlefield franchise. I almost want to say the irreverence. Battlefield was never "super serial" as a game. It was almost self aware that it was a game and not a simulation. BF1 stepped horribly on that idea, driving it into the mud like a freshly gasses corpse that's been riddled with machinegun bullets in no man's land. But then they made it a Steampunk BF4. Red dot sight vertical grip assault rifles all round and aircraft and tanks that out perform the modern equivalents. Sort of like trying to have your cake and eat it.

    BFV has gone down that branch, but worse. There are many aspects of the game I dislike, and that isn't just "dur I don like changes!". The buggy vaulting, the rubber banding, the poor sound quality on many of the guns, the OP nature of certain kits, the uninspired flatness of maps, the kill-streak awards...

    I'm hoping for an improvement and I will try again when the new map or factions are released. Till then I'll hang around the forum, if that's OK with you.
    Wait...how am I being quoted in this when I've not been involved at all in the conversation between you two? 

    https://imgur.com/uH25YaI

    https://imgur.com/LESesB8
  • Agente_Silva
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Good good... Suffering leads to anger, anger leads to hate... And hopefully hate leads to developing a true Battlefield game...

    Meanwhile in Battlefield 4 you get more populated servers and those fun and genuine "only in Battlefield" moments...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Kayback said:
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Yes I'm capable of ignoring posts like this one, oh wait there. 

    You said you're not playing anymore, if you're not enjoying the franchise why are you still here? 

    Do you want to write a bye-bye note too, I'll supply you with a box of tissues!

    Well obviously you're not cos you're coming in it and whining. But whatever.

    Why am I still here if I have stopped playing? You do realize I can ask you the same question. If you're happy to play the current game why are you on the forum?

    But I'm still here hoping it'll be turned around and developed into a decent game. I'm not super hopeful. The gay old times of BF2 carried over quite well into Bad Company 2, BF3 and in a slightly diluted but still fun to play way BF4. Hard-line was a crazy take on the whole thing and I actually didn't dislike it that much. The beta was way more fun than the production game.

    BF1 seemed to kill the fun aspect of the Battlefield franchise. I almost want to say the irreverence. Battlefield was never "super serial" as a game. It was almost self aware that it was a game and not a simulation. BF1 stepped horribly on that idea, driving it into the mud like a freshly gasses corpse that's been riddled with machinegun bullets in no man's land. But then they made it a Steampunk BF4. Red dot sight vertical grip assault rifles all round and aircraft and tanks that out perform the modern equivalents. Sort of like trying to have your cake and eat it.

    BFV has gone down that branch, but worse. There are many aspects of the game I dislike, and that isn't just "dur I don like changes!". The buggy vaulting, the rubber banding, the poor sound quality on many of the guns, the OP nature of certain kits, the uninspired flatness of maps, the kill-streak awards...

    I'm hoping for an improvement and I will try again when the new map or factions are released. Till then I'll hang around the forum, if that's OK with you.
    Wait...how am I being quoted in this when I've not been involved at all in the conversation between you two? 

    https://imgur.com/uH25YaI

    https://imgur.com/LESesB8
    They probably started typing a post before the quote box ballooned up more.   I seen someone had my post included with there's as well in another locked thread.  The silent steps thread.  Bad forum layout really.  Could be the dark gray as well.  The quote box should be different color to separate the quote from the reply really.  Unless there's a option to change forum colors?
  • ElliotLH
    8168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    ElliotLH said:

    Kayback said:


    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Yes I'm capable of ignoring posts like this one, oh wait there. 



    You said you're not playing anymore, if you're not enjoying the franchise why are you still here? 



    Do you want to write a bye-bye note too, I'll supply you with a box of tissues!



    Well obviously you're not cos you're coming in it and whining. But whatever.



    Why am I still here if I have stopped playing? You do realize I can ask you the same question. If you're happy to play the current game why are you on the forum?



    But I'm still here hoping it'll be turned around and developed into a decent game. I'm not super hopeful. The gay old times of BF2 carried over quite well into Bad Company 2, BF3 and in a slightly diluted but still fun to play way BF4. Hard-line was a crazy take on the whole thing and I actually didn't dislike it that much. The beta was way more fun than the production game.



    BF1 seemed to kill the fun aspect of the Battlefield franchise. I almost want to say the irreverence. Battlefield was never "super serial" as a game. It was almost self aware that it was a game and not a simulation. BF1 stepped horribly on that idea, driving it into the mud like a freshly gasses corpse that's been riddled with machinegun bullets in no man's land. But then they made it a Steampunk BF4. Red dot sight vertical grip assault rifles all round and aircraft and tanks that out perform the modern equivalents. Sort of like trying to have your cake and eat it.



    BFV has gone down that branch, but worse. There are many aspects of the game I dislike, and that isn't just "dur I don like changes!". The buggy vaulting, the rubber banding, the poor sound quality on many of the guns, the OP nature of certain kits, the uninspired flatness of maps, the kill-streak awards...



    I'm hoping for an improvement and I will try again when the new map or factions are released. Till then I'll hang around the forum, if that's OK with you.

    Wait...how am I being quoted in this when I've not been involved at all in the conversation between you two? 

    https://imgur.com/uH25YaI

    https://imgur.com/LESesB8


    They probably started typing a post before the quote box ballooned up more.   I seen someone had my post included with there's as well in another locked thread.  The silent steps thread.  Bad forum layout really.  Could be the dark gray as well.  The quote box should be different color to separate the quote from the reply really.  Unless there's a option to change forum colors?

    That would make sense. It just really threw me for a moment.
  • LeesSummit09
    356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Evidently PC play must be different than PS4.  I play on PS4 pro and except for the occasional wonky server(which I will leave and join another), the game plays fine.  Unlike early versions, you can survive some hits(unless headshot), and keep playing.  I don't feel there are as many BF moments as in past games.  But, the fact many youtubers are playing BF firestorm the majority of the time, I do have a concern about the future of BF.  Personally, I don't enjoy BR games.
  • Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Love the way the ops complaint starts with 'thats all I'm going to say" and then launches into a massive moan..... So that's not all your going to say then?

    Why would you want a franchise you apparently like to fail? I know you don't like bfv but a game failing doesn't necessarily mean a better game replaces it, sometimes it just means the game will die for good. To much risk for the publisher, not enough reward.

    Suggesting improvements, complain about bugs yeah that has to be done but wanting it to fail is pretty dumb, unless you just fundamentally don't like battlefield, then I guess it makes sense.

    Because it either changes or I don't want it to release more horrible games, I'd rather let a franchise I used to love die, then have this sort of horrible game be the normal for it. All the things I said about the game are true and you know it, stop defending a bad game made by a greedy company
  • Yahia
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Good good... Suffering leads to anger, anger leads to hate... And hopefully hate leads to developing a true Battlefield game...

    Meanwhile in Battlefield 4 you get more populated servers and those fun and genuine "only in Battlefield" moments...

    That's my hope
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Evidently PC play must be different than PS4.  I play on PS4 pro and except for the occasional wonky server(which I will leave and join another), the game plays fine.  Unlike early versions, you can survive some hits(unless headshot), and keep playing.  I don't feel there are as many BF moments as in past games.  But, the fact many youtubers are playing BF firestorm the majority of the time, I do have a concern about the future of BF.  Personally, I don't enjoy BR games.

    Also on console here and can agree. I honestly don't have many bugs or WTF moments. My biggest peeve right now is that for some reason it seems harder to breach doors than before, so I get killed trying to get into cover.

    And also agree on Firestorm. I enjoyed it for a few days but one I went back to 'normal' bfv I was much happier. I worry they think they can just take elements of other games that are popular (customization, BR, live service)and just slap that into BF. It won't make the game like those games that have it, because the fans aren't as rabid about those things. Customization is fine, but not at the cost of more maps and weapons.

    I play BF for that spawn-die-spawn-die, big teams, epic multiplayer experience that's been in the last 7 titles I've played. Depart too much from that and the game will suffer, and just generally not appeal to many.
Sign In or Register to comment.