My last say

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the1khegg said:
    I don't care about the pom pom wavers or the trollers. I do not have a reddit or twitter access so I cannot get my opinion accross on those social media so I am going to post my opinion here... I have been a long time, in my opinion supporter of Battlefield. If you doubt it you can look and see the amout of hours I have put into this francise for the past few years. But for the past couple of months I have logged ZERO hours. Why? because I am protesting/boycotting this game from that point foward... WHY? one reason is... I purchased this game PRE-launch for 79.99 dollars and I DO NOT feel I have been adequately compensated! Esp since a couple of weeks after lauch the game went into the bargain bin for $29.99! I do not feel I personally have been compensated for my purchase to this day!!! I'm glad I am not a stock holder in EA/Dice because if I was I would be selling NOW!!! Yes it appears that Apex has saved the day, but seriously! Battelefield had so much potential and now it is going down the tubes! I'm really not sure what happened? Too much catering to the whiners?? Trying to move towards the present successful games? I'm not sure...

I will admit, I was a COD follower, but I switched to battlefield years ago because it was more REAL. There was bullet drop and much more realiam to the game!. I guess instead of rambling on... This game was SO close, but it has gone so far away from where it was close [If that makes sense] that it has actually made me quit FPS for good... Not sure whether to thank you or blame you... [do you really need to figure that out???]

I guess I need to thank you for putting me back into my real world instead of having fun escaping into the virtual world...

Do you care??? [I did not state any opinions of why I think this game is subordinate because I think you have enough posts that tell you why...]

I hope someday you can bring me back, but I can tell you one thing [and your investors] the game needs to be FINISHED when it's launched...

Im right with ya brother....

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    HuwJarz said:

lol @ the discount sale cycle because of holidaya 🤣🤣🤣🤣

yeah. lol. 

" It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas."

Nope

The game was put on sale because retailer who PREBOUGHT stock had to dump it. BF was barely discounted at all until January sales after release. This is just more shill narrative
    Normaly Multiplayer Games arent reduced so fast after release, even not PC games. It was a clear signal that the Pre-Order Numbers tanked and that this would highly effect the quarterly revenue which is the only thing EA cares about.
    So they tried to fix the damage by lowering the price because the low numbers continued after Release.  This had nothing to do with Holidays, Black Friday or whatever. That is also supported by the fact that we hadnt seen any numbers for a very long time although with previous titles EA couldnt wait to boaster towards the press, players and their shareholders.
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Redstripe101 said:

lol @ the discount sale cycle because of holidaya 🤣🤣🤣🤣

yeah. lol. 

" It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas."

Nope

The game was put on sale because retailer who PREBOUGHT stock had to dump it. BF was barely discounted at all until January sales after release. This is just more shill narrative

I got my copy from black Friday sale from best buy. Target also advertised bfv for $30 console.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I strongly recommend HL, BF4 or BF1. I'm also done with BF V. Last weekend I went back to BF4 and BF1 and had a blast. Next up, HL, I really miss Blood Money and Hot Wire.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1843 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think theres soemthing wrong with the quoting feature on this website..
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE fixed it.
  • ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is indeed.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 said:
    the1khegg said:
    I don't care about the pom pom wavers or the trollers. I do not have a reddit or twitter access so I cannot get my opinion accross on those social media so I am going to post my opinion here... I have been a long time, in my opinion supporter of Battlefield. If you doubt it you can look and see the amout of hours I have put into this francise for the past few years. But for the past couple of months I have logged ZERO hours. Why? because I am protesting/boycotting this game from that point foward... WHY? one reason is... I purchased this game PRE-launch for 79.99 dollars and I DO NOT feel I have been adequately compensated! Esp since a couple of weeks after lauch the game went into the bargain bin for $29.99! I do not feel I personally have been compensated for my purchase to this day!!! I'm glad I am not a stock holder in EA/Dice because if I was I would be selling NOW!!! Yes it appears that Apex has saved the day, but seriously! Battelefield had so much potential and now it is going down the tubes! I'm really not sure what happened? Too much catering to the whiners?? Trying to move towards the present successful games? I'm not sure...

I will admit, I was a COD follower, but I switched to battlefield years ago because it was more REAL. There was bullet drop and much more realiam to the game!. I guess instead of rambling on... This game was SO close, but it has gone so far away from where it was close [If that makes sense] that it has actually made me quit FPS for good... Not sure whether to thank you or blame you... [do you really need to figure that out???]

I guess I need to thank you for putting me back into my real world instead of having fun escaping into the virtual world...

Do you care??? [I did not state any opinions of why I think this game is subordinate because I think you have enough posts that tell you why...]

I hope someday you can bring me back, but I can tell you one thing [and your investors] the game needs to be FINISHED when it's launched...

I'm a little confused here. You made a mistake in purchasing the game, yet there has been DOZENS of warnings not to pre-order over the years. With tragedies like FO76 and other pre-order mishaps, I'm failing to understand why you didn't head those warnings, especially from a company with a track record like EA.
    According to your battlefieldtracker profile, you haven't even touched multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong (and please provide a link) but you're not on Origin, Xbox, or PSN. I find that a bit odd for someone that's been in the franchise for years yet doesn't have battlefieldtracker information, especially for BFV.
    I'd also like to explain a few things. The game likely went on sale because like... it was a holiday? I know it's hard to believe, but the game didn't even go on sale until thanksgiving, and that's black friday. It goes against the common belief that it was because they wanted to get players in the game, but I don't even believe that. It literally went on sale the same time as a lot of games did across Steam, Origin, and other services. It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas.
    I highly doubt you saying anything about stock means anything to anyone except to vent your frustration, which is understandable. But I do think you're misunderstanding exactly why Apex is great and why BFV is leaving a poor taste in your, and many other's, mouths. Apex is great because it takes a genre that's relatively new and evolves it. It's the same with every great game. Taking a genre and completely turning it upside down. This is why BF4 and BF3 were such hits. It's why crowds cheered for BF1's announcement trailer while they shouted at the COD trailer. They wanted something different. BFV isn't different enough and Apex scratches that itch just like Fortnite did this time last year.
    If you're going to start blaming "whiners" then you should start blaming yourself too. If you lump everyone that has ever had critique or criticism in any negative connotation as "whiners" then you fall under that category too.
    Rhetorical questions aside, I personally don't care. I want you to have the best experience that you can have. Obviously BFV isn't that right now, so take a break. Do something you like. Develop a new hobby. Learn a new skill. Play a different game. And don't make the same mistakes you did with BFV and continue to pre-order games.
    Damn someone's trying to be a life coach over here lol
    I'm just trying to be constructive. People are always trying to tear me/you/everyone down and they've already begun in this thread. I've made enemies on this forum just for speaking my opinion. Apparently if the opinion doesn't align with other's they want to pick fights with you over the internet.
    I've been followed by these same people around. Judged and insulted not for my content, but for just being me. It's sad really. Nothing I can do about it except report and hope action gets taken.
  • johnkapa1
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 said:
    the1khegg said:

I'm a little confused here. You made a mistake in purchasing the game, yet there has been DOZENS of warnings not to pre-order over the years. With tragedies like FO76 and other pre-order mishaps, I'm failing to understand why you didn't head those warnings, especially from a company with a track record like EA.
    According to your battlefieldtracker profile, you haven't even touched multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong (and please provide a link) but you're not on Origin, Xbox, or PSN. I find that a bit odd for someone that's been in the franchise for years yet doesn't have battlefieldtracker information, especially for BFV.
    I'd also like to explain a few things. The game likely went on sale because like... it was a holiday? I know it's hard to believe, but the game didn't even go on sale until thanksgiving, and that's black friday. It goes against the common belief that it was because they wanted to get players in the game, but I don't even believe that. It literally went on sale the same time as a lot of games did across Steam, Origin, and other services. It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas.
    I highly doubt you saying anything about stock means anything to anyone except to vent your frustration, which is understandable. But I do think you're misunderstanding exactly why Apex is great and why BFV is leaving a poor taste in your, and many other's, mouths. Apex is great because it takes a genre that's relatively new and evolves it. It's the same with every great game. Taking a genre and completely turning it upside down. This is why BF4 and BF3 were such hits. It's why crowds cheered for BF1's announcement trailer while they shouted at the COD trailer. They wanted something different. BFV isn't different enough and Apex scratches that itch just like Fortnite did this time last year.
    If you're going to start blaming "whiners" then you should start blaming yourself too. If you lump everyone that has ever had critique or criticism in any negative connotation as "whiners" then you fall under that category too.
    Rhetorical questions aside, I personally don't care. I want you to have the best experience that you can have. Obviously BFV isn't that right now, so take a break. Do something you like. Develop a new hobby. Learn a new skill. Play a different game. And don't make the same mistakes you did with BFV and continue to pre-order games.
    I'm just trying to be constructive. People are always trying to tear me/you/everyone down and they've already begun in this thread. I've made enemies on this forum just for speaking my opinion. Apparently if the opinion doesn't align with other's they want to pick fights with you over the internet.
    I've been followed by these same people around. Judged and insulted not for my content, but for just being me. It's sad really. Nothing I can do about it except report and hope action gets taken.
    Gotta remember this is all online and its only words. People can be critical about anything in today's world and there's nothing anyone can do about it. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter whats said on here or another forum because you'll never see the person on the other end who's trash talking, speaking their mind or agreeing with you about something you said. I come on here to get a good laugh. 
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 said:
    johnkapa1 said:
    the1khegg said:

Gotta remember this is all online and its only words. People can be critical about anything in today's world and there's nothing anyone can do about it. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter whats said on here or another forum because you'll never see the person on the other end who's trash talking, speaking their mind or agreeing with you about something you said. I come on here to get a good laugh. 
    While true, it comes to the point where I've not been able to say anything without getting swarmed with the same 5-6 people that just insult and barade me. I can't have a discussion. Words are just words until they cloud out others.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2019
    While true, it comes to the point where I've not been able to say anything without getting swarmed with the same 5-6 people that just insult and barade me. I can't have a discussion. Words are just words until they cloud out others.
    I think we can agree that we two have very different opinions about this Game and the companies behind it but we discussed that in a civil manner. Which i will now continue.
    This Game is a prime example of a product from the Video game industry that shows various problems this industry has.
    Rushed out without a Quality assurance worth the name ( because too many Publishers and Developers dont take this serious unlike " normal " software companies ), Gameplay assets that arent the result of a creative discussion or Ideas but rather
    the Suits making a List what has to be in the Game because its successful in other Games. A certain pandering towards a political stance without any benefit for the game. And finally a product  filled with the Spirit that it was made for the Shareholders first in mind and the Costumers/Gamers far behind.
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've been followed by these same people around. Judged and insulted not for my content, but for just being me.

Oh, please. You are not being "judged and insulted for just being you" so stop playing martyr. Everyone is "judged" for their content; that's how forums work. And if your content wasn't always such a ridiculously one-sided defense of DICE and BF5, perhaps people would take you more seriously and not make fun of your posts.
  • iano1978
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the1khegg said:
    I purchased this game PRE-launch for 79.99 dollars and I DO NOT feel I have been adequately compensated!
    12d 12h 41m Play Time = $0.26 per hour.
    I dont think you did too bad mate.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    johnkapa1 said:

aRrAyStArTaT0 said:

the1khegg said:

I'm a little confused here. You made a mistake in purchasing the game, yet there has been DOZENS of warnings not to pre-order over the years. With tragedies like FO76 and other pre-order mishaps, I'm failing to understand why you didn't head those warnings, especially from a company with a track record like EA..According to your battlefieldtracker profile, you haven't even touched multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong (and please provide a link) but you're not on Origin, Xbox, or PSN. I find that a bit odd for someone that's been in the franchise for years yet doesn't have battlefieldtracker information, especially for BFV.
    .I'd also like to explain a few things. The game likely went on sale because like... it was a holiday? I know it's hard to believe, but the game didn't even go on sale until thanksgiving, and that's black friday. It goes against the common belief that it was because they wanted to get players in the game, but I don't even believe that. It literally went on sale the same time as a lot of games did across Steam, Origin, and other services. It even came off sale shortly after, then back on sale for Christmas. I really don't think the narrative that's going around is correct. In addition, it's your own fault you didn't wait for the guaranteed sale of thanksgiving and christmas.
    .I highly doubt you saying anything about stock means anything to anyone except to vent your frustration, which is understandable. But I do think you're misunderstanding exactly why Apex is great and why BFV is leaving a poor taste in your, and many other's, mouths. Apex is great because it takes a genre that's relatively new and evolves it. It's the same with every great game. Taking a genre and completely turning it upside down. This is why BF4 and BF3 were such hits. It's why crowds cheered for BF1's announcement trailer while they shouted at the COD trailer. They wanted something different. BFV isn't different enough and Apex scratches that itch just like Fortnite did this time last year..If you're going to start blaming "whiners" then you should start blaming yourself too. If you lump everyone that has ever had critique or criticism in any negative connotation as "whiners" then you fall under that category too..Rhetorical questions aside, I personally don't care. I want you to have the best experience that you can have. Obviously BFV isn't that right now, so take a break. Do something you like. Develop a new hobby. Learn a new skill. Play a different game. And don't make the same mistakes you did with BFV and continue to pre-order games.

I'm just trying to be constructive. People are always trying to tear me/you/everyone down and they've already begun in this thread. I've made enemies on this forum just for speaking my opinion. Apparently if the opinion doesn't align with other's they want to pick fights with you over the internet..I've been followed by these same people around. Judged and insulted not for my content, but for just being me. It's sad really. Nothing I can do about it except report and hope action gets taken.

I am not your enemy, but from time to time I will disagree with your opinion, and it doesnt mean I or anyone else follows/trolls you. If its catchy topic name people will read it and comment....
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE was excellent for Bad Company 2.  Not sure if most of them dudes moved on or retired or what.  But every game after wasn't as appealing.  Yeah Hardline had excellent bullet damage.  BF4 took a while before they worked the kinks out of it then got good.  BF3 was nerfed and lack 2.0 destruction.  Also plenty of nerfed guns.  BF1 was lame.  BF5 is okay but lacking maps.  Doubt I wanna wait till end of year to see what we all get for this game.  I'm already thinking of next gen XBOX2 already.  XBOX2 anaconda for $500.  I'll skip the cheaper $250 version.
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    I've been followed by these same people around. Judged and insulted not for my content, but for just being me.

Oh, please. You are not being "judged and insulted for just being you" so stop playing martyr. Everyone is "judged" for their content; that's how forums work. And if your content wasn't always such a ridiculously one-sided defense of DICE and BF5, perhaps people would take you more seriously and not make fun of your posts.
    Let me guess, he is the type of guy to say visibility is fine and you just need to open your eyes lol.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iano1978 wrote: »

the1khegg said:
    I purchased this game PRE-launch for 79.99 dollars and I DO NOT feel I have been adequately compensated!

12d 12h 41m Play Time = $0.26 per hour.
    I dont think you did too bad mate.

You also need to factor in how many of those hours were fun. Of my 260 hours I'd say about 15 of them were fun. About 150 were "I've got nothing better to do" and 90 were "yeah that was a waste of my time" and 5 were me going "What the Hell?"

I have since decided that I have a lot of stuff to do that's better than BFV, including gardening and the dishes.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    VOLBANKER said:

Let me guess, he is the type of guy to say visibility is fine and you just need to open your eyes lol.
    Actually no I'm not. Visibility is and has been a problem for a while.
    But me saying that directly insulting players and developers is not okay grinds some people's gears apparently. I'm more than willing to have a discussion on a topic, but if all they do is follow me and be hostile, there's no reason to even try and attempt a conversation, let alone do something about it. I just let moderation handle it. They seem to do a pretty good job at cleaning up the insults towards me. All it's really been effective at doing is making people even more angry at me just for disagreeing with their methods. If you don't believe me, look at my topic history (comment history is too long and filled with this type of situation to mean anything). Just me saying that people shouldn't be insulting developers and calling them stupid or lazy. Some users even attack DICE's Employee's families, which we all can agree is ridiculous.
    For a group that says I'm defending DICE, they're not wrong. I am defending DICE. not from their decisions/mentality on the game, but rather from the players that do nothing but attack and unjustly persecute developers for something they know so little about.